• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Maximus wrote: »
    20101217-132336-pic-740755330_1.jpg

Christmas tree nudes?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    Wow you guys take your christmas tree decoration very seriously.
    I just throw mine up and then the little Murlocks attack it and decorate with what ever the hell they want.. One year our christmas tree had baby shoes on them, a naked barbie and Lightning McQueen

I guess you didn't notice the details:

tvmbxmm9wfqh.jpg

As for hanging toys off the tree:

5a1ve3pg61pb.jpg

And them messing with my pretty tree, they made some christmass tree window decals, and decided they would look better on it than the window (and I agree):

6rar4xeofwly.jpg

• jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    ce5uf48mp7kw.jpg
    We have 4 cats, so we're not expecting it to remain intact for too much longer....
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Current tree is not decorated, so here is the past tree...

u4q940crdfff.jpg

Wow!
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Still not fully done. 80% perhaps.

czl55yrekmrw.jpg

That looks fantastic!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Not sure if this falls into the ban of on Religion but its Merriest month of the year so....

I'll post mine when I put it up Monday if the thread isn't shut down

Funny thing is that Christmas is (to me) a mostly secular holiday. Are there plenty of folks that enjoy Christmas with out the religion? Least as I was raised, never entered a church or taught religious beliefs.

Maybe that's just my take.

We have a tree up. But it's for the cats to bat around. Haha! See? Empty boxes and cat toys.

20161206_193538_zpsli3sqzlx.jpg
    I have taken up with the Catholic bunch. Even have an advent wreath this year. :wink:
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Not sure if this falls into the ban of on Religion but its Merriest month of the year so....

Funny thing is that Christmas is (to me) a mostly secular holiday. Are there plenty of folks that enjoy Christmas with out the religion? Least as I was raised, never entered a church or taught religious beliefs.

We have a tree up. But it's for the cats to bat around. Haha! See? Empty boxes and cat toys.

20161206_193538_zpsli3sqzlx.jpg
    I have taken up with the Catholic bunch. Even have an advent wreath this year. :wink:

To me Christmas isn't a religious experience but I won't get into that. The season of giving and all that. Joy to the world :)
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    One more I took...

t975w8ls55py.jpg

Gorgeous!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Wow! Some gorgeous trees in this thread! Mine's a living Norway spruce this year, still chillin' outside until a few days before Christmas. I'm following the tradition of my paternal grandmother, who always had living trees for Christmas she planted after the holidays.

blt5h5vaf8yk.jpg

What an awesome idea. I want to find a little one for my mom we can plant after
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Wow! Some gorgeous trees in this thread! Mine's a living Norway spruce this year, still chillin' outside until a few days before Christmas. I'm following the tradition of my paternal grandmother, who always had living trees for Christmas she planted after the holidays.

blt5h5vaf8yk.jpg

What an awesome idea. I want to find a little one for my mom we can plant after

Cool! I hope you will! It should be easy to find one at a good nursery.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Then why the advent wreath??

Growing up we never observed any religious beliefs. As an adult, recently (2-3months) I've taken up with the Catholics. That's why the wreath. But the tree is just a cat toy/holiday thing. I don't see it as an expression of a belief system. Make sense? I easily assume Americans think of Christmas as a holiday celebration, not a religious celebration- becasue that is the way I experienced it.

TL:dr
    Child- uneducated, unassociated
    Adult- educated, associated