The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 45 and a newfound avid runner. I don't log my meals a lot anymore but will from time to time if I get off track or want to bust through a plateau. I've been at this a long time and a lot of my friends have gone into hibernation or quit so I'm always looking for new friends in my age range.
  • Aingealicia
    Aingealicia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am in the mid-40's. Never thought I would be here at this age. When did being 22 disappear? Haha.

Anyway, I am active with my blogging on here and I am looking for friends who are in the same boat of looking for friends. It is always great when you have friends who are working on the same goal.

Please feel free to add me anytime.

Thank you,
    Aingealicia
  • KC3354
    KC3354 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and losing weight is getting harder and harder. I lost 20 pounds but have 30 more to go. Feel free to add me.
  • jrbovee20
    jrbovee20 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    New to 40, feel free to add me as a fitness and dieting friend/motivator.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    HappyKat5 wrote: »
    I didn’t even know the community side existed until like a week ago...anywhoo. I’m gonna be 46 in a couple of weeks. My diary is open. I exercise 5-6 days a week. I drink pickle juice and I spend an insane amount of time on Netflix. It’s a damn shame.
    Funny! My Grandpa swore by pickle juice for all kinds of ailments! Recently, I spotted a bottle of pickle juice at my local health food store! :smile:
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I didn’t even know the community side existed until like a week ago...anywhoo. I’m gonna be 46 in a couple of weeks. My diary is open. I exercise 5-6 days a week. I drink pickle juice and I spend an insane amount of time on Netflix. It’s a damn shame.
    Funny! My Grandpa swore by pickle juice for all kinds of ailments! Recently, I spotted a bottle of pickle juice at my local health food store! :smile:

You have no idea how many pickles have been sacrificed just for the juice. My kids got sick of me trying to pass off the pickles. You can only eat so many pickles, lol
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options

You have no idea how many pickles have been sacrificed just for the juice. My kids got sick of me trying to pass off the pickles. You can only eat so many pickles, lol

So do you drink it straight up or cut it with Pepsi. Lol B)B)
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »

So do you drink it straight up or cut it with Pepsi. Lol B)B)

I drink it straight yo... although in the past, I cut it with vodka. No lie. Yup.
  • Kitcandoo7
    Kitcandoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'm gelling with the early forties no matter what footwear I sport. It's more of a challenge to be in shape at this age. I'm hoping that a community such as this Will help more than doing this on our own.
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    Kitcandoo7 wrote: »
    Not sure I'm gelling with the early forties no matter what footwear I sport. It's more of a challenge to be in shape at this age. I'm hoping that a community such as this Will help more than doing this on our own.

I actually feel better at 45 than I did at 21! Okay, that’s probably a lie, but I feel like I’m more in tune with myself.
  • Kitcandoo7
    Kitcandoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I actually feel better at 45 than I did at 21! Okay, that’s probably a lie, but I feel like I’m more in tune with myself.

That is inspiring. I tell myself that and I believe it. Confidence, right? And knowing that we own our choices now? And if all else fails.....how many calories are 6 shots of vodka? LOL!
  • Ralphone
    Options

That is inspiring. I tell myself that and I believe it. Confidence, right? And knowing that we own our choices now? And if all else fails.....how many calories are 6 shots of vodka? LOL!

About 600 and it might make u dance some so maybe 500 lol
  • HappyKat5
    edited March 2018
    Options

About 350ish calories

But, what do I know?
    Experience...
    :lol:
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Lol
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Mix it with pickle juice
  • KrispyKremeDonut1
    KrispyKremeDonut1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add 2 olives.
    And call an Uber.
  • DeonceEvans
    DeonceEvans Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    38 years old and I just started to get healthy!
  • Goodvibes1974
    Goodvibes1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ! age 43 ... 44 soon
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    esjaygee wrote: »
    Hi I'm 45 and a newfound avid runner. I don't log my meals a lot anymore but will from time to time if I get off track or want to bust through a plateau. I've been at this a long time and a lot of my friends have gone into hibernation or quit so I'm always looking for new friends in my age range.

Hope to be at the point you are at in 2 months :) Have another 7 kg to lose then I want to maintain. Also I used to run, lapsed and couldn't due to joint pain but the 4.5kg I've lost recently has made a difference and I get out again :)
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! 52 trying to get a little better each day...feel free to add me as a friend!