The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get back to some type of exercise after pulling a muscle in my lower back/hip area almost two weeks ago. I'm missing it! But also glad I was patient (sorta) in letting it heal! Hope you all had a great day -
  • Derek19877
    Derek19877 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’m back at this after gaining a lot of baby weight with my wife after her pregnancy. Please feel free to add me. (Se você fala português, fique à vontade para me adicionar) 🇧🇷
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get back to some type of exercise after pulling a muscle in my lower back/hip area almost two weeks ago. I'm missing it! But also glad I was patient (sorta) in letting it heal! Hope you all had a great day -

Be careful.. :) glad its healing
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I spent the afternoon pushing my mom around the zoo in her wheelchair. A great workout for me and a reminder that I'd you don't use it you lose it. She has a lot of issues because of low muscle tone and condition. Keep your core strong people it's important

The potential and eventual mental/physical decline due to poor habits motivate me as well. My Mom is paying for her sugar addiction, while I pick up the pieces.

Kudos to both of you for your commitment. I am dealing with a spouse who doesn't do any physical exercise. I am concerned that her situation is going get a lot worse with age.

Same. It’s a complicated ordeal, but there is no doubt my SO will be miserable sooner than later. To be frank, it will break me, because I’m tired of being dragged into the abyss.

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning Tuesday! Have a lovely all.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday .Lets get out and going today. Get a workout in. B)
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Another Monday survived....bring on the rest of the week! :)
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    dkjk1105 wrote: »
    Good morning Peeps,
    Leg workout is done so the start of a great day.

Hey brother, it was my leg day as well :) !!!!!
    Good morning Group ~ let's kick this Tuesday off.

Todays Thought of the Day is thanks to my granddaughter who, at dinner last night busted out laughing when she was using the ketchup.

6-4315-10-Funny-Minion-Quotes-Of-The-Day-302.jpg
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Good day my friends. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Well.... I've been working out and not much to show for it, weight loss speaking. I know, I know... muscle weighs more than fat... but still. I WANT to lose POUNDS. So, for my cardio, I'm going to start running (ok... jog/walk combo for now). I am starting TODAY getting ready for the Holiday Streak. I did it in 2013, 2014 , 2015 and 6 days in 2016 before I had an injury. BUT on this Holiday Streak, I did lose weight, so therefore.... let the jogging begin. This morning I did 3.1 miles in 44 minutes.

Thought of the Day: The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful, is the man who will win - Roger Bannister, first man to run a sub 4 min mile

Yay on the run! I'm sure you'll progress exactly as you want; you seem very focused to me. I stepped way back from primarily running to doing it as part of a varied cardio program. Keeps me interested in many things and stopped dreading my runs, lol.

Happy Tuesday and one day closer to Friday. Recognized I needed to make a bigger effort to get back on track this week, so ran on the treadmill yesterday and did a spin class. Nothing like both back to back to get your heart rate up. Scale is on the mend, thank goodness, and motivation has made a bit of a reappearance. Have to get back to the lifting program today too. Carpe Diem!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Good day my friends. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Well.... I've been working out and not much to show for it, weight loss speaking. I know, I know... muscle weighs more than fat... but still. I WANT to lose POUNDS. So, for my cardio, I'm going to start running (ok... jog/walk combo for now). I am starting TODAY getting ready for the Holiday Streak. I did it in 2013, 2014 , 2015 and 6 days in 2016 before I had an injury. BUT on this Holiday Streak, I did lose weight, so therefore.... let the jogging begin. This morning I did 3.1 miles in 44 minutes.

Thought of the Day: The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful, is the man who will win - Roger Bannister, first man to run a sub 4 min mile

Yay on the run! I'm sure you'll progress exactly as you want; you seem very focused to me. I stepped way back from primarily running to doing it as part of a varied cardio program. Keeps me interested in many things and stopped dreading my runs, lol.

Happy Tuesday and one day closer to Friday. Recognized I needed to make a bigger effort to get back on track this week, so ran on the treadmill yesterday and did a spin class. Nothing like both back to back to get your heart rate up. Scale is on the mend, thank goodness, and motivation has made a bit of a reappearance. Have to get back to the lifting program today too. Carpe Diem!

Yes, ma'am! Carpe Diem indeed!
  • chersies649
    chersies649 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I didn't think the 30's would classify as middle-agers lol. I'm not 30-something or 40-something - early 50-something and that feels more middle-age every day! :) Looking forward to making some new MFP friends - feel free to add me. Thanks! :)
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    54 and 3 pounds from target B)
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good morning M'agers. 87% humidity here this morning. At least the temps are down to the upper 80's as well. Could be worse. Hope you all have a great day!
  • mpridehealth
    mpridehealth Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Mid 40s here. Trying to turn my health around, seeing the signs that ended my father's life. Goal is to lose 40# with exercise and nutrition. Trying to make the life change's needed. Friend add, welcomed.
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi I am turning 50 on Sunday and am looking for motivating friends to help me make my 50's great! I need to lose about 60 pounds.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone, in the 50ish range .... well ok, 59.

I've lost 110 lbs since April 2017 and seem to have maintenance down pat.

Which would be awesome if I didn't have another 25 lbs to lose..... :#

But I'm working on it........... :)

I've got two bad knees and am scheduled for a double knee replacement come January.

My summer exercise revolves around biking, kayaking, walking, hiking, golfing.

Lunch time walk scheduled for today with a round of golf after work.

I'm always looking for active, like minded friends.

Have a great day everyone, stay strong!! :)
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good morning from overcast B.C. :smile: