Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• SashaFierce33
    SashaFierce33 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello fellow middle aged MFP people. I'm taking my weight loss seriously this time, and look forward to tips from the crew.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,768 Member
    KathyL07 wrote: »
    Hi, late(ish) of the group, 57. Started in November, half-assed, not knowing much. Lost 5 lbs during the holidays. Got serious Jan 1st and I'm down 57 lbs. Still don't know that much as I'm staying just under 1,200 cals/day and I think I'm robbing myself of nutrition. Added a lot more Fruits & Veggies lately and feel better! Glad to hear what you guys have to say in hear! Have a great day.
    ucgz9rjutxb3.jpg
    Wow! You look fantastic🎉🎉🎉
    Congratulations on your weight loss. That’s awesome 😊

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,768 Member
    Hope everyone is having a great week so far😊.
  • RockingRican
    RockingRican Posts: 215 Member
    Indeed were are....hope you too.9jd13lzvaqwf.jpg
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Nice run. I wanted to go running today but last run my shoulder was super sore after. I was also reminded I should take it a bit easy still but tomorrow if it's nice I'm going for a run.
  • RockingRican
    It was nice... hate headwind... slowed me down..
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    probably a slightly better workout though with the resistance
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,562 Member
    Hope you all had a great day! A little rainy here....but hey it can't last forever!
  • TomFit18
    Hope everyone is having a great week so far😊.

So far so good!
  • RockingRican
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    probably a slightly better workout though with the resistance

True
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,665 Member
    Hope everyone is having a good evening
  • RockingRican
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    It was nice... hate headwind... slowed me down..

The wind was blowing, but it was nice to have a break from that awful humidity. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Is the damn pollen that I hate!! Humidity? I grew up with it lol
  • TomFit18
    Good morning peeps....HHD!
  • Anna28518
    Anna28518 Posts: 535 Member
    Morning all!
    HHD.
    ;-)
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    This group is on fire - love it! I am on the positive swing on my MFP journey - I was doing great, went to a conference in Florida in April and had gone off the rails since then. My daughter graduated from college in Maine and I put about 4,000 miles on my car (and my body) - the exercise fell off and Wendy's happened. I eat clean and am starting to learn about meal prep. My go to exercises are yoga and walking but I'm thinking weight lifting should be a priority. Have a great day mid lifers! It's a gorgeous one here in Connecticut.