The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    edited October 2020
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I found out yesterday that I have high blood pressure. I kinda felt hard done by, as I'm living relatively healthy and I'm not overweight (even when I started back here I was at a BMI 26), so it's "not fair". Ordered myself a blood pressure monitor so I can keep track of it for a month or so. If it stays high I have to come back and get bloods done.

I know how you feel. Checking every morning and I'm convinced my monitor is malfunctioning. Usually get a better reading when I check again 5 minutes later.

I think I should get my monitor on Friday, so I'll be keeping a check then. I really-really-really don't want to go the medicine route, so I'm hoping it's not that bad, as I honestly don't think I can make any further lifestyle changes to improve it.
  • evangelene12
    evangelene12 Posts: 196 Member
    First time posting on this thread. Canadian living in Denmark and turning 49 this year. Was in very good shape until I had my second daughter at almost 46...yikes! Can't shed the 40ish pounds since then and it keeps going in the wrong direction. Back again here to try and take control. Wishing everyone a good day!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    First time posting on this thread. Canadian living in Denmark and turning 49 this year. Was in very good shape until I had my second daughter at almost 46...yikes! Can't shed the 40ish pounds since then and it keeps going in the wrong direction. Back again here to try and take control. Wishing everyone a good day!

Kudos to you for having a baby at 46💕💕
    I had one at 40 and was the same way - the weight has been a bugger to lose ever since.
    Welcome to the group 🤗

• FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    @forestfreek whenever your posts come up I think you have a picture of Claudia Winkleman as your profile pic!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Hahahaaa yes you're right @FutureFit2020 I kept thinking she looks familiar, but couldn't think of who!
  • LunaTheFatCat

A baby at 46! Wow fair play to you.
    How do you find Denmark? I work for a very large Danish company, they're global. Danes can be a strange bunch at times but I like them.
  • evangelene12

A baby at 46! Wow fair play to you.
    How do you find Denmark? I work for a very large Danish company, they're global. Danes can be a strange bunch at times but I like them.

Denmark is a lot of getting used to, especially the language. My husband is a Dane. We've been married 7 years and still find him strange :)
  • LunaTheFatCat

Denmark is a lot of getting used to, especially the language. My husband is a Dane. We've been married 7 years and still find him strange :)

Haha yeah tell him I think so too :D

Best thing about Denmark are the amazing tv series. I have a girl crush on Saga from The Bridge.
  • forestfreek
    @forestfreek whenever your posts come up I think you have a picture of Claudia Winkleman as your profile pic!

Had no clue who that even was so I had to google.
    Good gawd😣
    I can at least say I haven’t butchered my face with surgery.

• michelepiper1
    michelepiper1 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 49 years old need help losing 30 pounds. I keep yoying up and down in weight.
  • evangelene12
    I am 49 years old need help losing 30 pounds. I keep yoying up and down in weight.

I am the same age and about the same amount of weight to lose. Welcome and we can do it together :)
  • TomAmrein
    TomAmrein Posts: 8 Member
    TomAmrein wrote: »
    Hello! I am not new to MyFitnessPal, but I am 37 and have been on a weight loss journey since October of 2018. I have lost 93 lbs.

Fantastic!!! What's brought you here? More accountability to loose the last bit?
    I'm on the same trend. I'm down 55 and I am back to MFP for tracking and accountability. Need to really dial in these last 30-35 pounds

I am here to meet people with the same goals and just help anyone that may need some motivation or ideas for Low calorie dense high volume foods. I follow the be good most of the time rule.
  • TomAmrein
    Hello! I am not new to MyFitnessPal, but I am 37 and have been on a weight loss journey since October of 2018. I have lost 93 lbs.

that's fantastic - welcome!

Thank you!
  • TomAmrein

Wow, 93lbs.. thats fantastic 😀

Good morning Middle-agers.. well a glorious spring morning here and I'm off to enjoy it.. have a great day all :)

Thanks! I am very happy with the weight loss and how much better I feel.
  • TomAmrein
    Good Morning all! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smiley:
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Got a little off track yesterday. Made brownies. Not a good decision, so back on track today. Ate a healthy breakfast and going for a bike ride now. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, but I will get back in the saddle and keep losing weight. I now fit in pants and jackets that I could not fit into since 5 years ago.
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    edited October 2020

Good gawd😣

No offence meant- I think she is beautiful in fact that is literally her job :) She's a model and a presenter and very famous in the UK. I suppose she probably has had work done recently. I think most TV people have!
  • TomAmrein
    Got a little off track yesterday. Made brownies. Not a good decision, so back on track today. Ate a healthy breakfast and going for a bike ride now. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, but I will get back in the saddle and keep losing weight. I now fit in pants and jackets that I could not fit into since 5 years ago.

Congratulations on your weight-loss. You have to feed the cravings otherwise you will binge over and over or at least that is how I am. I am meticulous about tracking everything and keeping my calories in check, but I also indulge. I have indulged quite a bit over the past week. But everyday is a new day and you will get back on track as will I. :smiley:
  • LunaTheFatCat

Good gawd😣

:D:D:D

Well she has shiny hair and no dandruff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4tInKXYklg

She's also famous for her fake tan.
  • forestfreek

Good gawd😣

:D:D:D

Well she has shiny hair and no dandruff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4tInKXYklg

She's also famous for her fake tan.

I’ll take the shiny hair and no dandruff part 😂