The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• ethelsmommy
    ethelsmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and new to MFP--would love to be added to this group!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    There's an emptiness in the pit of my stomach that only chocolate can fill. Briefly. Then I need more.

I know that feeling. Be strong, @Versicolour.
  • CherylG1968
    CherylG1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    gympamela wrote: »
    What a sh*tshow it is trying to lose body fat now. I feel like if I even deviate a tiny bit Im struggling with 4 pounds to shed off again the day after. Ugh. And my husband is a total garbage gut sugar freak and eats every kind of junk food under the sun lol.

This was my husband and I last year.

I cut down on carbs and eat fruit, veggies, nuts, chicken, salmon, yogurt, etc. Exercising most days. I lost 30lbs in the past 12 months and now weigh 127. Haven’t seen that in 20 years! I feel great now!

My husband would feel like crap every day and ate anything he wanted. He had stomach problems. I told him if he ate right he wouldn’t feel so horrible. His cholesterol was high (probably from eating plates of desserts, etc) so he is eating like me now and is exercising and bought a Peloton. He lost about 30-40 lbs. He is so strict now with everything. No dessert or even a drink!😂But he looks and feels great and he has no tummy problems anymore either. 🥳
  • CherylG1968
    CherylG1968 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ShengSi wrote: »
    Hi to all not a newbie but an oldbie. That was here in 2017 got sidetracked now back again to give a go again . Turning 49 going through MENopause and it has just turned my life upside down, including my health and weight in general. Its painstaking .

Read my posts from the past couple days. When I changed everything, I feel like a different person. I’m going through it too but it’s easier now.
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Birthday was ok once the kiddos went to bed, had a new kind of fish. Worked my day plan out so I could birthday snack lol. Haven't had butterscotch in a while. Hope everyone had a good day!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Birthday was ok once the kiddos went to bed, had a new kind of fish. Worked my day plan out so I could birthday snack lol. Haven't had butterscotch in a while. Hope everyone had a good day!

Happy birthday Sparky.
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone - been a while since ive posted! Hope all you fabulously gorgeous people are doing well today!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Have a great day!
  • Mister_X_
    Mister_X_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 49
    And would love to be part of this group or thread
    Thx
    Also how do you add people?
  • pandygirl19
    pandygirl19 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends! Hope y'all are doing good! Have an awesome day!!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!!
    It's the last day of school. That means we get to sleep in tomorrow and start summer adventures
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hi I’m 49
    Thx

Click on their name then go to their profile and there should be an option there. You can also add a little note with the request which is nice
  • Nmdred6
    Nmdred6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turned 55 in May. I’ve done MFP before and fell off the wagon. Gained back the 47 plus some. Harder to lose it this time. Bad knee doesn’t help. Would love some friends to help keep me accountable.
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! I'm excited for today. I have a package arriving that I have been awaiting and once it's here, my workout will be assembling it. :smiley: We're also planning to hit the Chinese buffet for dinner.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 49
    Thx

To add friends on MFP:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Thursday!!!
    It's the last day of school. That means we get to sleep in tomorrow and start summer adventures

Amen!! I had to get my 15 yr old to the bus stop at 6:45...nuts..so he can get to School almost an hour early (go figure!!)

Ive been trying to mix up my work out to get better results
    Today I can barely walk/sit...ouch those squats and burpees on Tuesday are KILLING me today....yesterday I did a quick light cardio session and I'm still hurting..LOL

• AliNouveau
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Happy Thursday!!!

Amen!! I had to get my 15 yr old to the bus stop at 6:45...nuts..so he can get to School almost an hour early (go figure!!)

Today I can barely walk/sit...ouch those squares and burpees on Tuesday are KILLING me today....yesterday I did a quick light cardio session and I'm still hurting..LOL

maybe try some stretching? Often that can make you feel a bit better or even do what you did to make you hurt. As crazy as it sounds this is what my coaches growing up always said to do and one day a month or so ago I was so sore and figured why not try this and it did make the pain ease a bit
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Happy Thursday!!!

Today I can barely walk/sit...ouch those squares and burpees on Tuesday are KILLING me today....yesterday I did a quick light cardio session and I'm still hurting..LOL

maybe try some stretching? Often that can make you feel a bit better or even do what you did to make you hurt. As crazy as it sounds this is what my coaches growing up always said to do and one day a month or so ago I was so sore and figured why not try this and it did make the pain ease a bit

Thanks I usually stretch or warm up before but maybe not enough
    I always chalk it up to the face that I have been super sedentary my entire life and starting to work out at 45-46 was going to be tough
    but its been 2-3 mnths or almost being sore on a daily basis..enough already
  • darren1795
    darren1795 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Nearly 42 and training to pass my pt exams. Add me the gym and losing weight can be a lonely place