The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    lol well yeah, assembling that turtle is important... Turtles are awesome :P Have a great friday everyone!

Hahah I asked him if he had finished the turtle and he was like oops I just started the dolphin. We got the errand done, Lego is done, now we're just hanging out
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    HAHAHAHAHA Kids are so goofy.
  • toxicslix
    toxicslix Posts: 18 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    toxicslix wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm 51 and live in Surrey, BC, Canada. I started Kickboxing for my 50th last year and managed to lose a few percent in body fat. I'm not looking to lose weight but more or less just get into better health. Turned over a new page last year and got away from my "soon to be ex" so the working out was a great distraction! Would love to have some motivating online friends here! Had to take a hiatus from the kickboxing as my lawyers now take most of my "disposable" income, but there is light at the end of the tunnel - and it ain't a train!

woo hoo fellow Canadian. Good luck you can totally do this!!! You can always find Kickboxing videos free on Youtube

True..but in a class I can train with my much younger partner who helps push me. It's quite satisfying to win the occasional sparring match and get kudos from him like "I can't believe you're 50! " LOL!!
  • toxicslix
    toxicslix Posts: 18 Member
    Happy Friday! Sadly, I have to work the 2nd job for Saturday and Sunday, but July 1st is Canada day and we Canadians get the day off!
  • AliNouveau
    Woo hoo happy Canada Day weekend!!!! Any fireworks plans?
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    toxicslix wrote: »
    Happy Friday! Sadly, I have to work the 2nd job for Saturday and Sunday, but July 1st is Canada day and we Canadians get the day off!

Yeah, unfortunately not all of us do....😓🇨🇦
  • forestfreek
    But Happy Canada Day weekend to all my fellow Canadians here anyway!!🇨🇦🇨🇦🎉😊
  • AliNouveau
    Why do people think curling is a Canadian thing?????
  • HeyThereFatMan
    HeyThereFatMan Posts: 10 Member
    Happy Canada Day to all you crazy, weird circle bacon loving people!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    It's not about how long we have, but we do with the time we have.

Make the most of your time my friends

• AliNouveau
    Happy Canada Day to all you crazy, weird circle bacon loving people!

That's back bacon or peameal. I have some in my fridge but we eat normal bacon. Omg
  • shaynehartwell70
    shaynehartwell70 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone. New to the group. I'm 48 and workout often at OTF but can't seem to lose that last 10- 15lbs. Never had that challenge before. Frustrating. The OTF coach highly recommended this app. Never really counted calories before so this will be something new. Feel free to add me!
  • shaynehartwell70
    shaynehartwell70 Posts: 7 Member
    gympamela wrote: »
    What a sh*tshow it is trying to lose body fat now. I feel like if I even deviate a tiny bit Im struggling with 4 pounds to shed off again the day after. Ugh. And my husband is a total garbage gut sugar freak and eats every kind of junk food under the sun lol.

This was my husband and I last year.

I cut down on carbs and eat fruit, veggies, nuts, chicken, salmon, yogurt, etc. Exercising most days. I lost 30lbs in the past 12 months and now weigh 127. Haven’t seen that in 20 years! I feel great now!

My husband would feel like crap every day and ate anything he wanted. He had stomach problems. I told him if he ate right he wouldn’t feel so horrible. His cholesterol was high (probably from eating plates of desserts, etc) so he is eating like me now and is exercising and bought a Peloton. He lost about 30-40 lbs. He is so strict now with everything. No dessert or even a drink!😂But he looks and feels great and he has no tummy problems anymore either. 🥳

GOOD FOR THE TWO OF YOU! That is no small accomplishment. Its dedication and a lot of hard work Well done.
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Good morning everyone! Happy Canada Day weekend to my fellow Canadians! 😃☀️
  • forestfreek
    Truvanessa wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Happy Canada Day weekend to my fellow Canadians! 😃☀️

😊🇨🇦

• memestamper
    memestamper Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 48, need friends hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. God bless!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps...will be a hot and muggy weekend here!
  • AliNouveau
    Happy weekend!!! Gonna be another hot one here. I had a bizarre dream that a snake was in my house, I was going to put him outside but it had snowed. So j gave it a bowl of water and lettuce and called a friend to come get it.

Dreams are weird, or I am..... Have a good one
  • forestfreek
    @memestamper - Hi! I’m 47. Feel free to add me. Unfortunately my app still won’t allow me to add friends😫😊