The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy steamy Saturday middle agers. It's a hot one here today. We're going for brunch with mother in law then dinner at some friends. It's a taco party so I've made pulled pork and some ice cream "tacos". Some friends are taking an Indian curry and some other exotic things so should be interesting. Stay cool people

Sounds like a nice day!
  • TomFit18
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning! Happy Saturday...the heat is subsiding today! It's raining like crazy outside! Hope it doesn't stick around all day!

Hey Tom, we pinched some of your weather today.
    The bigger annoying thought was how it would have been nice to go out and enjoy it instead, inside packing boxes and cleaning house ready for removal truck on Monday.
    I did enjoyed the times I did get to look out and hanging clothes to dry outside. ;)

It is more fun spending time outside! Well it looks I get 70's for the next week or so! Welcomed change! Lots of nice walks.
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Man, it’s a hot one...
    Like seven inches from the midday sun...
    ~Smooth~ Santanta feat. Rob Thomas
    Enjoy the earworm!
  • sgtpeper
    sgtpeper Posts: 19 Member
    Nice, like it!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,159 Member
    I'm another one on the winter side of the world, loving the cooler weather here ( we don't get snow in Sydney but I did spot some frost on my run this morning). I'm getting myself on track, going to try to have minimal sweet stuff and have reorganised the pantry and cut some of my clothes up for rags (you know those round the house clothes, I've got a whole box full). Have a good one everyone and take care in the sun!
  • taitan2307
    taitan2307 Posts: 13 Member
    Coldest morning of Winter so far with a 0°. Taking a rest day Sunday Shopping Therapy B)
  • cowboyatheart
    cowboyatheart Posts: 5 Member
    Where my Gen X people at!?!?
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I failed to go scuba diving today. My drysuit is broken. It looks like I will go to the pub instead.
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member

I have no idea what gen I am, can't find my tags from when I was purchased! :p
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    Get that suit fixed! Then you can go dive and hit the pub after you're done. My suit is in the shop getting a new neck seal proactively before a live-aboard trip. I'll still take a back-up suit just in case. California Channel Islands!
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member

Right here! Turning 48 in a couple months and have lots of getting back in shape to do before my son gets out of Marines next summer. He’s never known the “super healthy military version” of me. He’s my motivation to get my tail moving.

• drmwc
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Get that suit fixed! Then you can go dive and hit the pub after you're done. My suit is in the shop getting a new neck seal proactively before a live-aboard trip. I'll still take a back-up suit just in case. California Channel Islands!

The manufacturer quoted mid- September for a fix ☹️.

It is very old, and has done around 300 dives. So I will get a new one; get this one fixed and use it as a backup.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    Wow. What happened -- broken zipper? That's the death knell of an older suit. My "new" suit (was a custom order that never got finalized and sat on the rack for three years before I got a deal on it a couple years ago) has one of those new plastic TiZip zippers. They are more comfortable and supposedly less likely to get damaged from bending, but I'm still not sold on plastic versus brass. My old Apollo has a shoulder-zip that's brass, but I've got it up for sale with a bunch of gear to get a new diver in the water. I really love my new Bare Trilam. Dives great, and very versatile as far as what undergarments will allow diving in a range of water temperatures.

I had a DUI CF200 that was a TANK. It became a "Frankensuit" as I bought it used from a much bigger fellow and had the legs shortened and a set of "real" boots installed. I still don't like DUI's solution to shoes/socks.

What's your next suit going to be?

I'm excited to pick up the Seawing Nova fins I ordered when I go pick up my suit at the shop. They will still have the ability to make subtle maneuvers like my old blade fins and still be really efficient like a split fin and still be able to frog kick. I just wonder if I should have stayed with yellow. Definitely higher viz, but more and more folks have yellow fins, so I look like everyone else. On the other hand, being more visible ain't always good if I'm running a camera or a pole spear -- maybe I should just get black so I will disappear under the sea....
  • drmwc
    I'm undecided for the next one.

I'm in the UK. My old one was O3 compressed neoprene. They are common here, but not as common overseas.

I liked it a lot. It was very dry - it is the zip which failed. I found shutdowns hard in it, though, so I will give membrane a try for next one.

Possibilities are Santi, Otter and Predator. The last 2 are UK companies. Predator is just one guy (there is another brand with the same name). If he is busy, it can tak him a while to deliver.

Santi are pricey, and I have heard mixed reports of their quality. So I will probably go with Otter. There are no London dealers, though, so I would need a trip to Yorkshire for the fitting. But that may be an opportunity to walk up a few hills.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm Gen X!

• TomFit18
    Good morning my friends...happy Monday!
  • inspiredjen34
    inspiredjen34 Posts: 63 Member
    Hello To All: I did so good for so long and then I got off the wagon and stopped working and started eating not the greatest choices and put on 20 lbs. I am back on the road to success and to start being strict on myself and would like to have motivating friends to push me. Please feel free to add. We are all here for the same reasons. We all need support to help succeed in our goals.
  • Mike_III
    Mike_III Posts: 22 Member
    Good morning MFP peeps and Happy Monday!