The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My coffee addiction is getting worse.

I make a cup in my V60 first thing, and when I've drunk that I make a litre in the French press. I put that into the Thermos and take it to work with me, which means I normally only buy one additional cup of coffee during the day.

I once gave up all caffeine for a fortnight to see prove I wasn't addicted. I decided that I was, but it is probably a relatively minor sin.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    HHD my lovelies!

We had a Betamax - how old does that make me?

That reminds me. I was in a convenience store over the weekend and picked up a 20 oz diet Dr. Pepper. The store was selling them 2 for $1 or $1.99 a piece. I was complaining about the price to the clerk, that $2 for a bottle of pop was ridiculous and that I could easily remember when they came in 16 oz glass bottles and were 49 cents a piece, and he just gaped at me. I think that officially makes me old lol
    drmwc wrote: »
    My coffee addiction is getting worse.

I make a cup in my V60 first thing, and when I've drunk that I make a litre in the French press. I put that into the Thermos and take it to work with me, which means I normally only buy one additional cup of coffee during the day.

I once gave up all caffeine for a fortnight to see prove I wasn't addicted. I decided that I was, but it is probably a relatively minor sin.

I did the same back in the winter, giving up all caffeine and did prove that I wasn't addicted. But I went back after that 2 week period. I was very busy and not getting enough sleep and needed that pick me up. And besides, I may not be addicted to caffeine, but I like the taste of coffee and black tea and the occasional can of Diet Dr. Pepper!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    OMG it's about to get real. I heard from my surgeons office and I have a surgery date of October 16
    I'm a little scared cause it's surgery but excited to get to be pain free eventually and with that date I will be bette enough by Christmas
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    OMG it's about to get real. I heard from my surgeons office and I have a surgery date of October 16
    I'm a little scared cause it's surgery but excited to get to be pain free eventually and with that date I will be bette enough by Christmas

Is this for your shoulder?? Hope you get some relief soon!! ❤️
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Is this for your shoulder?? Hope you get some relief soon!! ❤️

Yes for the shoulder the repair. I expected to wait ages to get in since it's elective but I guess not
  • saweeks78
    saweeks78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am not telling my exact age, but in that range. 😘😆
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    43, looking for more support buddies. I honestly almost quit today, but I'm not giving up, not now, not ever

Glad to see you hang in there. There may be some challenging times, but the end results will be worth it!
  • PNW_livin
    PNW_livin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    43 here looking for some friends to help motivate, inspire or just chat.
  • Maggiewilldoit
    Maggiewilldoit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    47 and fed up...need a push...can't quit... I need support...😒
  • youknowmatto
    youknowmatto Posts: 32 Member
    Options

You can't give up because Maggie will do it! One thing we can do every day is make a new start. If yesterday wasn't so good, that doesn't mean today can't be better. We make our own destiny. Make your next meal a healthy one and take a few steps forward. You got this, You CAN do it.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

You can't give up because Maggie will do it! One thing we can do every day is make a new start. If yesterday wasn't so good, that doesn't mean today can't be better. We make our own destiny. Make your next meal a healthy one and take a few steps forward. You got this, You CAN do it.

Well said.. 🙂
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Midlifers <3

And nooooo don't quit, today is a new day, stay with us!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I wasn't paying attention yesterday after a gym session. I got on the wrong train.

I fixed the issue in a slightly bonkers way - I stayed on the train after I realised, and then walked from a random station to mine. It took about an hour. So I got 20,000 steps in as well as the bouldering session.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    You know you're old when you have to explain what a Starfleet uniform is.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
    You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
    'Getting a little action' means you don't need to take any fiber today.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
    'Getting lucky' means you find your car in the parking lot.

Let's just stay middle-aged forever....

You know your old when...
    You lived in a time without seat belts, cell phones or home computers and survived

And played outside in the mud and dirt with no disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizers and survived.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    morning people
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    morning people

Heyyy, fancy seeing you out here .. :)
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good morning and a happy Friday to you all. Have a great weekend! Unfortunately I will be working all weekend.

On a side note, I joined a crossfit gym last week and have been working out regularly for the first time in a while and dang I'm sore! :-)
  • JessicaGarrantParmeter
    Options
    I’m 38 and just restarted my journey on my MyFitnessPal. I’m down 19 pounds so far. I have a ways to go, add me if you would like. Let’s support each other!
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow middle agers. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Stay motivated!