The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my second week on MFP, so far so good, I suppose. I mean, I'd rather be eating whole bags of Doritos and watching Netflix, but I'd rather live a long healthy life than catch up on the latest season of Stranger Things, right?

Welcome to MFP :)
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Today feels like it should be at least Thursday - struggling with motivation this week. Seems to be in the air....but I'll keep slugging away.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry for spreading my germs

So I dropped off the drycleaning and asked for it to be returned Wednesday. The lady looked at me and was like tomorrow?!?! I was like isn't it Monday today? Guess I lost a day. Darn plague.

So I just booked an appointment to chop off all my hair. I'm kind of excited
  • youknowmatto
    youknowmatto Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

So I dropped off the drycleaning and asked for it to be returned Wednesday. The lady looked at me and was like tomorrow?!?! I was like isn't it Monday today? Guess I lost a day. Darn plague.

We're going to need before and after photo's for that hair cut! :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Roadie2000 wrote: »
    Getting old sucks! I was in great shape until about March earlier this year when I herniated a disc in my back. After 3 months of excruciating pain I got surgery for it in June. Surgery was a great success, but recovery was pretty long, I had to take it easy and all I could really do was walk (and eat). So about 3 months and 20 lbs later here I am back at it. I saw my surgeon yesterday for my final check up and he cleared me for all physical activity, so I'm excited to get back to normal. I'll still probably take it a little easy for a while and work my way back up, but for now I'm going to work on getting my core strength back and eating less.

Good to hear surgery was a success.. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    So many sick people. I knew people could catch viruses and I knew computers could too, but I didn't know people could catch them from computers. Dammit....I may have to let myself out now.

Anyway, I just found out this morning that an omelette with bacon and onion makes for a great filling breakfast, and the total calorie count is really low for such a great feed. I think the trick is not a lot of bacon, and NO cheese! So that's my tip of the day. The best part was having breakfast at the cafe meant I didn't have to cook, or clean up. I think next time I'll go fo bacon and tomato. I didn't really get the 'onion at breakfast' thing. It just seemed wrong. I don't know why.

To those just waking up, have a great day! To those going to bed have a great night, and to those who are reading this at work, get back to work, the boss is watching....always watching....like a bad stalker.

Good morning 🙂
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I hope all you sick peeps get well soon :)
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    So many sick people. I knew people could catch viruses and I knew computers could too, but I didn't know people could catch them from computers. Dammit....I may have to let myself out now.

Anyway, I just found out this morning that an omelette with bacon and onion makes for a great filling breakfast, and the total calorie count is really low for such a great feed. I think the trick is not a lot of bacon, and NO cheese! So that's my tip of the day. The best part was having breakfast at the cafe meant I didn't have to cook, or clean up. I think next time I'll go fo bacon and tomato. I didn't really get the 'onion at breakfast' thing. It just seemed wrong. I don't know why.

To those just waking up, have a great day! To those going to bed have a great night, and to those who are reading this at work, get back to work, the boss is watching....always watching....like a bad stalker.

On one hand this sounds delightful..... but an omelette not loaded with bacon & cheese? IDK if I can do that!
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    And - just realized - IT'S TACO TUESDAY!!!! Yep - a taco is gonna fix this!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

We're going to need before and after photo's for that hair cut! :)

Obvi this will happen
    I figure when my dominant arm is in a sling I won't be wanting to bother with my hair flopping in my face.
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Stay away, all you sick people. I'm afeared I might have caught something just checking in here. :p

Ha! I just breathed on my screen!
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    HHD everyone!
    Skipped gym again last night and eat cinnemon biscuits instead (someone here made me do that) but maybe tonight. Maybe.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have a meeting tomorrow, I would call in sick.
  • youknowmatto
    youknowmatto Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Humpday been and gone....after dinner I went for an hours ride followed by a brief run-off-the-bike. This got me to way under my calorie goal, so hopefully that'll translate into happy scales in the morning. Splishy-splashy make like a whale day in the pool for tomorrows exercise. I love that.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    All my family are coming down with some sort of sickness bug but so far I have escaped! Hope everyone gets better soon.