The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!

Before it all happens I've decided to declutter my entire house and scrub it clean. So I started on the upstairs bathroom today. Washed all the walls and decided it needs a fresh coat of paint so that's happening now. Thank goodness there's a paint store a few blocks away. I went in, picked the first colour that appealed to me and told the guy give me everything I'll need to paint because I don't want to have to crawl around my cold room to find the old stuff I have. I just started cutting in and now I have to go get my boy from school I promised him I've cream truck ice cream today....yay
  • TheCoffeeSlayer
    Options
    Hi, all! Just wanted to wish everyone strength & the best of luck :) I'm starting up again. Though, I'm terrible about logging in. :( We'll see what happens. Feel free to add me. (my avatar is part of my halloween costume, in case anyone was worried. :D )
  • waveringparagon
    waveringparagon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day.... Wanted to commit myself to a week of holding myself accountable and I loving the vibe in here.... Happy hump day yall..... Today is my 1 of 12 week weigh ins on my weight loss journey.
  • rar0810
    rar0810 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m almost 39 and back to working at getting healthier. Feel free to add me :)
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Mooorning and Happy Hump Day!

It's my birthday today. 47. Definitely proper middle-aged. Meh :#

Happy Birthday!!!
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi I have just started myself and was wondering if there’s any ladies going through menopause on this journey

I am 54 and in the thick of it. Fairly new here, please add me, we can compare hot flashes :o:o
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau Good Luck with shoulder surgery. I have them both sown back on. Sorry to burst your bubble but be prepared for a few painful weeks and recovery PT is also an issue. Initially take the pan meds and get an ice machine for the shoulder ask the Dr for it. Stock up on ibuprofen and take your time using it.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AliNouveau Good Luck with shoulder surgery. I have them both sown back on. Sorry to burst your bubble but be prepared for a few painful weeks and recovery PT is also an issue. Initially take the pan meds and get an ice machine for the shoulder ask the Dr for it. Stock up on ibuprofen and take your time using it.

Hey thanks. I have a letter to send to my insurance for the machine. I have heard it's not pleasant the first couple of weeks but if it means eventually it won't hurt I'm all for it. As I sit here thinking why did I paint yesterday because now it's aching all over.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    When you realize halfway tp physic that you do't actually have physio today and are excited cause that means you can head home to clean the bedroom. This is my life now it seems
  • marescatrey0616
    marescatrey0616 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    When you realize halfway tp physic that you do't actually have physio today and are excited cause that means you can head home to clean the bedroom. This is my life now it seems

Be sure to work through your PT, being enthusiastic to make an appointment even if there is not one to attend is a good thing.
    My father had a replacement at 75, he stuck to the prescribed recovery plan and in no time we had him out Deep Sea Fishing for Sharks. He did great!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Be sure to work through your PT, being enthusiastic to make an appointment even if there is not one to attend is a good thing.
    My father had a replacement at 75, he stuck to the prescribed recovery plan and in no time we had him out Deep Sea Fishing for Sharks. He did great!

this is just keeping up with it before surgery it's really not doing a heck of a lot other than maintaining and dealing with the damage I've already done to it.
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids! Hope y’all have a fantastic day. I think I might take a half day.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps ...Have a great Friday!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hooray for Friday!!!!!
    I'm gonna skate and then cook since we have a dinner party tomorrow and I need to make some stuff up ahead of time so it'll be a great day
  • jedsearles86
    jedsearles86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, Brand new to this! Ready to get back to being fit and healthy (sexy) again
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday and happy weekend, everyone! Have a great one!
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Small trail ride this morning with my young son and his biking club. Chores then drinks this afternoon. :smile:
    Enjoy your day.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Morning!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Morning!

Morning lovely 🤗