The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - nice thread:) 48 here, lost about 40 pounds last year with mfp and looking to maintain/work on fitness goals.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 in November and I'm off to Vegas to celebrate ( cry into beer ) next month.
    Anyone who wants some older ( but no wiser ) Irish company - add away.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    39... sheesh. Since mid 2016 I've lost 62 pounds. Working hard to lose about 10 more and grow muscle. I also want to do a pull up before i turn 40 :blush:

I'm close... i can get up to my eyebrows...

Feel free to add me if your an active poster.
  • anekaspencer5
    anekaspencer5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning All! I'm really enjoying this app time around! I've joined in the past and dropped off when things in my life got hectic. Now I'm going strong for nearly 3 weeks with logging! Experience as well as being in my late 30's has brought me to the realization that its going to take intentional efforts to maintain and/or regain good health. I enjoy and value the accountability, encouragement, and support the community offers. The articles here are very helpful. It's encouraging to see the process & success of others. I just wanted stop in to say hello & Great Job to All us for taking take care our health. Have a fantastic, happy, healthy day ☺.
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    Options
    Never considered myself middle age before. I'm in denial about my age ... the better I feel the younger I get! I'm 45. But if you ask my kids they will tell you I'm 27.
    This is the second time I've attempted to lose weight. The first time I was much younger and it went faster. I lost 160 lbs during that time. Maaany years later I found a good bit of that weight ... and am trying to get rid of it again. So here I am!
    I've been using MFP daily for a few months now and have lost 19 lbs. Looking to lose another 80'ish lbs....
  • IPedal_4_Pleasure
    Options
    56 going on 20 here...never felt better, love to add some folks my own age that understand the complexities of life when you get a bit older and have responsibilities that interfere with your free time.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, lots of new faces on here. Good stuff!
  • smacmt
    smacmt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi 41. Getting near my goals. Yo yo weight since my 20's. Weighed as high as 220 lbs. Now looking to keep it off and get rid of fat deposits. Love to talk and have friends on weight loss journey.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome new middle-agers!
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, 46 here. I lost ~40 pounds a few years ago (logging food and tracking workouts here), just been maintaining for a while now.
  • skipman11
    skipman11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, been on here a while flying solo. Good to see others in the age bracket.
  • Horses4Two
    Horses4Two Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    46, and some days feel it :) Starting over...again
  • SkipperCami
    SkipperCami Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    57 and trying here!! I am working out 5-6 days swimming, hoping to get some weight off! Great on my joints! Feel free to add :O)
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    46 here and I've never felt better. Been in fitness or sports my whole life. Best part of my day is 0400 when I wake up to hit the gym.
  • VilleRunner
    VilleRunner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    44 here. Please feel free to add me.
  • HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    B)
  • no6016
    no6016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    Didn't know I could run or lift until I started in my 40s! Now all my real life friends are whining about getting old and fat and falling apart while I'm in the best shape of my life. Would love to have a few more "old" friends who enjoy the same things that I do.

Add me, I am 51, and I have a pug!
    Turned 52 in March here, but I'm eating healthier than I did in my 20s...I was very happily active until I rekindled a 20-year-old horse accident injury, and am sidelined due to a hurt foot. :neutral: BUT, because I found that I love being active, I am researching all sorts of exercises that I can do without standing on my feet (or swimming, I don't have access to a swimming pool). I still do yoga, because it is not hard on the feet. I REALLY REALLY want to get back to walking and other activities that you need feet for, because I am addicted to my Fitbit and it is getting bored...
    Turned 52 in March here, but I'm eating healthier than I did in my 20s...I was very happily active until I rekindled a 20-year-old horse accident injury, and am sidelined due to a hurt foot. :neutral: BUT, because I found that I love being active, I am researching all sorts of exercises that I can do without standing on my feet (or swimming, I don't have access to a swimming pool). I still do yoga, because it is not hard on the feet. I REALLY REALLY want to get back to walking and other activities that you need feet for, because I am addicted to my Fitbit and it is getting bored...

I totally want to be your friend. You are spunky. And I have a Fitbit! I am 51, Jillita
  • HotMermaid729
    Options
    B)
  • Golfer_Jim
    Golfer_Jim Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    58 in Feb 2018 and rebooting MFP.
    Use Fitbit Charge 2 with goal setting of 6 days active per week. (Gym n golf course).
    Feel free to add as a friend.
  • HotMermaid729
    Options
    B)