Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 817 Member Member Posts: 817 Member
    I'll take the heat over the snow we get in Northern Michigan. Oh, and the -50s we have gotten.

I’m in Wisconsin, but I love the cold.im pretty warm blooded
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 416 Member Member Posts: 416 Member
    Me too! I hibernate indoors during July and August here in Georgia. It's so humid. It is good for the skin, though, like a sauna...
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 35,272 Member Member Posts: 35,272 Member
    balanc41 wrote: »
    I'll take the heat over the snow we get in Northern Michigan. Oh, and the -50s we have gotten.

I’m in Wisconsin, but I love the cold.im pretty warm blooded

I'm Canadian.....I understand this
    You can always put layers on in the winter but people frown on eventually taking all layers off haha
  • ars371ars371 Member Posts: 185 Member Member Posts: 185 Member
    Wisconson here too!
  • balanc41balanc41 Member Posts: 817 Member Member Posts: 817 Member
    ars371 wrote: »
    Wisconson here too!

Where in Wisconsin are ya
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 244,447 Member Member Posts: 244,447 Member
    I'm thinking most of you might melt in a hot Australian summer. 😂 it gets warm.

Good morning middle -agers. :)
  • ars371ars371 Member Posts: 185 Member Member Posts: 185 Member
    balanc41 wrote: »
    ars371 wrote: »
    Wisconson here too!

Where in Wisconsin are ya

Far SE.
  • RandJ6280RandJ6280 Member Posts: 1,111 Member Member Posts: 1,111 Member
    Me too! I hibernate indoors during July and August here in Georgia. It's so humid. It is good for the skin, though, like a sauna...

Well hi neighbor ~ I'm next door in Alabama and I agree.... as I get older I find I'm not handling the humidity as well as I used to.

• RandJ6280RandJ6280 Member Posts: 1,111 Member Member Posts: 1,111 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'm odd and would rather cold. It's cozier and I just enjoy winter

I see both sides, and being retired military and living in different climates... I like the north better. My theory is you can always put more clothes on when it's cold, when it's hot, you can only take off so much before you get arrested. lol.

And yes Ali~ cold = warm cozy fires and snuggling.
    Actually my FAVORITE time of year... is Autumn.
  • ZenDreamZenDream Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    I'm thinking most of you might melt in a hot Australian summer. 😂 it gets warm.

Good morning middle -agers. :)

I'd feel right at home.
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'm odd and would rather cold. It's cozier and I just enjoy winter

I see both sides, and being retired military and living in different climates... I like the north better. My theory is you can always put more clothes on when it's cold, when it's hot, you can only take off so much before you get arrested. lol.

And yes Ali~ cold = warm cozy fires and snuggling.
    Actually my FAVORITE time of year... is Autumn.

The Fall is the best. A nice cool off after a hot summer, there are flurries in the air, the air is nice and fresh.

We tend to have humid summers. Humidity sucks
  • yelpat1976yelpat1976 Member Posts: 285 Member Member Posts: 285 Member
    I'm in BC. Typically its very hot at this time of year. But, like the rest of 2020, the weather has been weird.
  • ZenDreamZenDream Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    yelpat1976 wrote: »
    I'm in BC. Typically its very hot at this time of year. But, like the rest of 2020, the weather has been weird.

Former BC'er here.
  • northviewvintagenorthviewvintage Member Posts: 416 Member Member Posts: 416 Member
    My favorite is Autumn, too. The mountains in Alabama and Georgia are beautiful in Autumn, and that's mostly why I stay in the South. I've been camping at Cheaha a few times. If we survive July and August the rest of the year is a piece of cake ;D
  • activegalaxyactivegalaxy Member Posts: 20 Member Member Posts: 20 Member
    Always looking for new friends. Down 64 pounds since I’ve started three years ago on this journey. Male and female friends welcomed :). Looking for motivation partners
  • Befitat40Befitat40 Member Posts: 23 Member Member Posts: 23 Member
    North Dakota here and I would take heat and humidity ANYDAY over what we get in January and February! -30 to -50 degrees Fahrenheit..... I hate it.
  • NorthStar77NorthStar77 Member Posts: 350 Member Member Posts: 350 Member
    London here.. we don't get a choice. It's just a never ending cycle of medicrity and meh weather for 364 days a year. 🤣
  • limeylynchlimeylynch Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Hello there 👋🏻
    Who is going to read comments with special accents now?! Please do not put a Georgia accent with mine, my parents are from the midwest. :D
    I don't have an accent I'm Canadian! 🤣😂
    It's funny how here we generally sound all the same with just a few variations. I guess we're kinda generic