The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    I'm a Toys 'r' Us kid, so, you know. . .
  • AyeRon18
    AyeRon18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Well if 30s is super old then since I'm 46 that automatically makes me ancient

We're the same age so i guess i'm ancient too!

I always thought I was older than you. We're so old we might as well just give up

Two of you, gross. :|

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I saw a video the other day where a dad bet his sons that they couldn't dial a number with a rotary phone in like a minute. They couldn't..Haha! They kept putting their finger in the 0 and turning it to the number and stopping instead of starting at the number.

I saw this
    I also just saw a clip form Ellen and she has a millenial try to find a number in a phone book then dial it. She picked up the handset after dialing it all. Poor kids
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    AyeRon18 wrote: »
    Well if 30s is super old then since I'm 46 that automatically makes me ancient

We're the same age so i guess i'm ancient too!

I always thought I was older than you. We're so old we might as well just give up

Two of you, gross. :|

I know right. Gross old people
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I saw a video the other day where a dad bet his sons that they couldn't dial a number with a rotary phone in like a minute. They couldn't..Haha! They kept putting their finger in the 0 and turning it to the number and stopping instead of starting at the number.

Local number, or long distance?? I remember dialing 15 digits on a rotary phone, to reach my girlfriend overseas in 1987.

Of course, now she's my wife and on a 7 digit local number with digital phones, we hardly ever call each other. The world has evolved to WhatsApp and other forms of Instant Messaging!!

The joke is on us now, because our children and grandchild are the ones teaching us all this new stuff.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My office still has analog lines. It's fun to watch the millennials fail to make long-distance calls because they don't know to dial "1" before the area code...
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps!
  • pandygirl56
    pandygirl56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! @TomFit18 and Good morning everyone.
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
  • 3agirls
    3agirls Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    50 Year old looking to lose 15 pounds. Add me as a friend so we can help each other achieve our goals. THANK YOU ALL!
  • reggiedrum
    reggiedrum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    52 and 1st 5k, here I come. 19 days and counting. 50 is the new 30. Hoo-rah !!!
  • ivetgali
    ivetgali Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 30🙏 @reggiedrum , I totally agree with you, 50 IS the new 30!👏🤙
  • Josh_2099
    Josh_2099 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Hope it's starting to be a great week.
  • katherinewoodbyrne
    Options
    Please add me :)
  • tomdavisjr2475
    tomdavisjr2475 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. My name is Tom I am 44 and in the best shape I have ever been in. Can you add me please? Thank you
  • jmorton0819
    jmorton0819 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Howdy all. 40yr old daddy of 4, same beautiful wife for 19 years. Want to give them all a better version of me. Started at 220lbs, quit eating out and soda. Dropped down to 195 and have been stagnant here for a few months. I've done an awesome job of procrastinating in doing what i need to. But I'm all done looking at this guy in the mirror.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    46 here and my mysterious eye swelling is coming back..haahahahah
    It was a little over a week and all was looking so hopeful ..I thought I was on a run :(

So, I slapped my glasses on and headed to vote and run some errands...
    I had a pretty tough work out yesterday so I took off today but plan to stay active...walking etc

Have a good day all!
    kim

• LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Just turned the corner to 40 and quit smoking in February. I need to rev my metabolism and get myself into the right frame of mind. 8 years ago I lost 50 pounds and kept it off until 2019, now i'm up 30 pounds...
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    46 here and my mysterious eye swelling is coming back..haahahahah
    It was a little over a week and all was looking so hopeful ..I thought I was on a run :(

So, I slapped my glasses on and headed to vote and run some errands...
    I had a pretty tough work out yesterday so I took off today but plan to stay active...walking etc

Have a good day all!
    kim

What's up with your eye?
    Do you wear contacts?