Is it okay to eat after 6pm

Options
1235»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It is okay as long as you don't sleep directly after being full.

Why not?

Not only does your digestion/metabolism slows down when you sleep, It has more danger to it. There are a lot of article that supports that.

Please expand on the 'danger'. And not with articles, I prefer science.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Reposting what I said in another "6 PM" thread:

I happened to be in Spain a few weeks ago, and was astounded to learn that most Spaniards don't eat dinner until 9 PM or even later. I suggested that maybe that was an urban phenomenon, but no, my host told me that it's common everywhere. You feed the kids before bed, and then the adults enjoy the evening meal at the close of the day. I didn't see many fat people there, despite all the wine, cheese, and bread that was being consumed.

This is what we do at home...our kids eat early (usually before I even get home from the office) and my wife and I eat around 8:30/9 every night.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Reposting what I said in another "6 PM" thread:

I happened to be in Spain a few weeks ago, and was astounded to learn that most Spaniards don't eat dinner until 9 PM or even later. I suggested that maybe that was an urban phenomenon, but no, my host told me that it's common everywhere. You feed the kids before bed, and then the adults enjoy the evening meal at the close of the day. I didn't see many fat people there, despite all the wine, cheese, and bread that was being consumed.

It's actually fairly common in many parts of Europe.

Even here in Australia, dinner seems to be later than what I was used to in Canada. In Canada, dinner is at 6 pm (with some variations, of course). Here, dinner seems to be more of a 7 pm thing.