What's your reason for trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    kitten

....everything else is a side benefit
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    ^everyone likes muffins
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Oooh I could eat a warm choc chip muffin right now.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't like having to pretend I'm not out of breath after walking up a couple flights of stairs.
    I want to be around, active and able to be a part of my son's life.
    I am getting married next year, and I want to live a long and healthy life with him.
    I want to be able to shop for clothes without feeling bad about myself.
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    ^everyone likes muffins

Agreed but not billowing out of your skirt!

I cant say I personally mind but I see your point. On the plus side, you're never disappointed with a muffin.
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    To look good and feel good. I mostly want to look good because I want to feel empowered when walking past a mirror, to be attractive for other people is just a consequence.

3 kgs gone, at least 8 to go!
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Because I have always had self-confidence problems. I want to feel better about myself. There are other benefits as well - like keeping up with my daughter, fitting into airline seats, being able to finish a 5K, etc. However, ultimately I am doing it to improve confidence in myself.
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I had a baby a yr ago. I'm back to my pre-pregnacy weight but I want to be back to where I was a yr ago after I gave birth. I was at my lowest weight since high school. I want to get back to that and surpass it.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Straight up vanity. I wanted to look good naked. Mission accomplished.
    The health aspect is a great bonus though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had a few health scares but yeah, it's definitely vanity that made me stick to it.
  • mrfitnessabc
    mrfitnessabc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't want to look good? Feel good? Be seen as yummy? Everybody WANTS too n for a variety of reasons, we are the ones that are DOING something about it. Bring sexy back girl. Either way you look at it no matter what, you'll always be beautiful but only you can make you FEEL beautiful, no one else. Good luck to you.
    -Joshua Ellis
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    richplank4 wrote: »
    I had a drinking problem and gained way to much weight. I got so bad, and so heavy, that I couldn't walk and I would sit and drink a half gallon of vodka a day. I ended up in a coma for a month in March and was near death. When I got out of the hospital in April, I replaced my need to drink with a need to be healthy and have been in the gym almost every morning since July. I've lost 100 lbs already and still have a long way to go, but I'm more happy with my life than I've ever been!

Way to take back control of your life. Keep it up! Losing 100lbs is a fantastic success.
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    ^dooood c'mon the picture, im at work. That's too much skin.
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I want to like what I see in the mirror
  • newblessings585
    newblessings585 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another reason and i think alot of women can agree their just too afraid to admit it but another reason is i want to walk into a room and be desired ... Like right now i already get a bunch of stares wherever i go and its probably because im 5'10 and i wear heels and im black lol but i want to feel confident its just that simple. Whether someone looks at me or not