Opinions on diet soda

Options
12346»

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    AngieEz29 wrote: »
    I just wonder if it you stop drinking Diet Soda if you will lose more weight? That is my question.

Why don't you try it for yourself and find out? I've gone through periods where I don't drink it. I've never seen a change to my weight loss when I stop or start back up again, personally.

That's just asking for problems! You know that they will change their diet someway else and blame it on the diet soda! No way they keep their diet exactly the same, and just drop the drink.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    duckgems wrote: »
    I would stay away from all sodas, in general. Of course, have one from time to time but not on a daily basis. The high-test versions are loaded with sugar and calories and the low-test have other issues associated with them.

So you would stay away, but you don't... got it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Honestly, the best part about these diet soda threads (which pop up at least weekly) is to see how much derp and how many myths persist about diet soda.

Every time I swear I'm not going to get sucked into yet another diet soda thread and every dang time I end up jumping in :p The misinformation about diet soda seriously drives me nuts though, probably one of my biggest diet myth pet peeves!

Same here. The Chicken Little claims just drive me bonkers.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Diet soda tastes like death and sadness.

But it's not harmful and if you can get past the awful, awful taste, it can be a great replacement for higher calorie beverages.

It seriously depends on personal taste as well as which ones you've tried.

Diet Coke tastes like crap, yet Coke Zero tastes almost identical to the real thing. Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale was tops until they changed the formula, I find the generic stuff to be delicious. Diet Barq's Root Beer is superb.

Not all diet sodas have that "diet taste".

Funnily, my opinion is exactly the opposite. I despise Coke Zero, and I won't touch it even if there isn't any Coke Light, I'll just go without. I feel the same way about Diet Pepsi, too. Only Coke Light for me!

And I can't tell the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero. Did a quick blind taste test and they tasted the same to me. I don't like either, but drink either as a mixer.

The only diet drink that doesn't taste diet to me is diet tonic when mixed with gin. Tastes just like regular gin & tonic.

I drink mostly coffee black and water.

To me, both Coke Zero and Diet Pepsi taste extremely sweet and have a weird aftertaste. I can definitely tell the difference between either of them and Coke Light, although I'm not sure if I could tell the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Pepsi. :D

I find regular soda to all seem too sweet.