Men would you date a pretty 200 pound woman?

Options
124»

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If I'm being honest, unless she's an athlete and over 6 feet tall, no.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

That would be my take also. I enjoy the gym, "active" activities, etc with my mate. You won't find many over 200 pound females that like the same things.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but I can say my hubby thought I was just as awesome at 187 lbs as he does today at 130. Both my sisters are close to the 200 mark (OMG they'd hate me for admitting that!), but point is, their men adore them. Personality trumps everything.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Maybe.......not sure the point of this, so much 'depends'. Some men will and some won't, neither position accrues any moral superiority...
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Hypothetically since I'm married and no longer able to date, (much to the disappointment of all of the women at my gym, who are obviously swooning over my every move).

(For example, just the other day this very attractive lady said this to me:

"Are you done using this bench press?"

I mean my god woman, can you make it any more obvious that you yearn for my loins?)

(And then there's the senior center where they put out the coffee.

Gertrude was pouring her coffee while watching CNN and she said "Cold out there today!"

Jeez woman control yourself. I know I'm a strapping bearded hunk of ginger manliness but come on, this is a family oriented building).

Where was I....

Oh yes, back to the original question

Yes, I absolutely could. I do think I would need to have some amount of attraction (just being honest here) but that's entirely possible and I certainly wouldn't have some sort of weight standard.

Oh the lucky ladies at your gym!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    I don't want anyone who wants me to be a certain weight or look a certain way. Been there, done that, and left his sorry *kitten*.

Newsflash: looks fade. Yes, physical attraction is important, but some people act as if you have to be a certain height, have certain color eyes, and weigh only x amount of pounds and not a pound more. No thanks.

I'd rather the guy who squinches his face up when I tell him I'm trying to lose weight and asks me why. He's supportive, but he thinks I look fine how I am. That's the guy I want.

I've never known anyone like that.

Personally, I wouldn't date a woman who was 200 Lbs outside of her being a tall athlete...I also wouldn't date a "skinny" girl. Doesn't really have anything to do with the actual number though...I'm attracted to an athletic build and always have been. Every woman I've ever dated has been an athlete on some level...that's what I'm physically attracted to and it would be disingenuous to say otherwise.

It's most likely that a 200 lb woman wouldn't even have the same interests as me...I'm not sure that a 200 Lb woman would be all that inclined to go for a 30 mile ride just to get some coffee as a date for example...I'm an active guy and have always dated active women...I don't know many really active women that weigh 200 Lbs.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I never knew my type included overconfident, manly ginger, gym rats that ate cheese habanero franks with a (lady) killer since of humor ;-). Thanks @SideSteel

Don't close any doors OP. And don't assume those doors are close for others. :smiley: you do you!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My husband loved me at my hugest (275lbs)
    He loved me when I was 220lbs

He loves me now at 170lb and lifting weights.

I am trying to drag him into the weight room with me, but nada.

I am clumsy, and no-so-eloquent, and can be a bit bitchy at times. Yet.....he still loves me my butt.
    1....2.....3.....AWWWWWWW.. :laugh:
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hypothetically since I'm married and no longer able to date, (much to the disappointment of all of the women at my gym, who are obviously swooning over my every move).

(For example, just the other day this very attractive lady said this to me:

"Are you done using this bench press?"

I mean my god woman, can you make it any more obvious that you yearn for my loins?)

(And then there's the senior center where they put out the coffee.

Gertrude was pouring her coffee while watching CNN and she said "Cold out there today!"

Jeez woman control yourself. I know I'm a strapping bearded hunk of ginger manliness but come on, this is a family oriented building).

Where was I....

Oh yes, back to the original question

Yes, I absolutely could. I do think I would need to have some amount of attraction (just being honest here) but that's entirely possible and I certainly wouldn't have some sort of weight standard.

:laugh:

Tell us more about this manliness :blush:

Just the other day, I was eating some cheddar habanero mango chicken sausages. And I ate them without cutting them, so I just stabbed them with a fork and bit into them. Because that's how men eat, dammit. I only used the fork because my wife and kids were staring at me.

Hot cheese shot out and landed on my lip, and literally burned the skin off of my lip.

I woke up today with a bloody lip.

What did I eat for lunch today?

TWO MORE SAUSAGES.

That's right, I'm like man of the year over here, holy eff.
    :laugh:
    Oh....my....GOD.
    Staahhhhp it already. Cheddar habanero mango chicken sausages are hawt.