I was just told to eat heavier at breakfast and very lite at dinner.

Replies

• rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    I just confronted him on what everyone said and he said if you eat alot late your body will turn that calorie energy into stored fat because you're not burning it

He's. Wrong. Completely wrong. That's an old wives tale and has been complexly debunked.

Coz science.

But you know what? Believe who you want. You seem determined to root out every "Weird tip or trick" that anyone has ever made a buck off and buy into it. But if you actually want to lose weight and keep it off, quit buying into every bit of derp you come across on Pintrest.

I didn't say i believed it. I was asking what others thought.
  • rikkejanell2014
    well we can all just repeat the exact same things weve just said, or you can continue to believe him. personally i don't see the point in wasting the energy, you don't want to learn, why waste the time to teach you

Wtf. I am simply asking questions. Did you see me say i believe him? Smh
  • rikkejanell2014
    heybales wrote: »
    I just confronted him on what everyone said and he said if you eat alot late your body will turn that calorie energy into stored fat because you're not burning it

Ask him what his body was burning then through rest of the day not eating as much to store up so much food for eating late.

And for the whole day not eating that much you burned a bunch of extra fat and any workouts used up muscle glucose stores and your liver has gotten depleted too keeping blood sugar up.

So now you eat late and the carbs go to refill those stores, and maybe some of the fat you eat goes back to fat - but you burned more during the day anyway, so you lost some.

So by the end of the discussion - it worked out the same.

He eats his big breakfast - there's only some liver stores to refill, so some carbs there, fat goes to fat, some is used for energy from the food rather than pulled from fat stores, but after 4-5 hrs he's back to the state you are in after 2-3 hours eating a lite breakfast. And since such a big meal for what his body really needs right then, those excess carbs not used for energy in that time range - those go to fat too.

You're smart. Thank you.
  • rikkejanell2014
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Well, just like we told you in your thread: "Is it okay to eat after 6pm" ... eat whenever you want to eat. Do whatever works for you. And you may need to experiment to find out what works for you.

Condescending much?

It's not. If you keep asking the same question, people are bound to become exasperated.You can expect to be answered accordingly.

He's wrong. The fact that he's fit means nothing. Don't let it interfere with your friendship (if that's what y'all have). You can smile, nod and do your own thing, never to discuss it again, or you can believe it and go with it. Maybe it will work for you. Maybe it won't. Up to you.

The thing is, everyone you know and love will think they have the answer based on what they saw on Dr Oz or read in a women's magazine. They'll mostly be wrong. The basis of weight loss is simple math. Not meal timing. Not macro timing. Not clean eating. Not smoothies or detoxes. Math. And just because you load the numbers into the equation at different times of the day, if the numbers stay the same, the outcome will be the same.

One of my favorite comments. You're smart too. You actually made me LOL. ❤
  • rikkejanell2014
    he said our bodies are designed around the Sun and we were made as hunters and gatherers and we need to taper off when it gets dark and we need to eat and work during the day if we eat heavy at night our bodies won't respond well to that.
  • rikkejanell2014
    Well, just like we told you in your thread: "Is it okay to eat after 6pm" ... eat whenever you want to eat. Do whatever works for you. And you may need to experiment to find out what works for you.

Condescending much?

It's not. If you keep asking the same question, people are bound to become exasperated.You can expect to be answered accordingly.

He's wrong. The fact that he's fit means nothing. Don't let it interfere with your friendship (if that's what y'all have). You can smile, nod and do your own thing, never to discuss it again, or you can believe it and go with it. Maybe it will work for you. Maybe it won't. Up to you.

The thing is, everyone you know and love will think they have the answer based on what they saw on Dr Oz or read in a women's magazine. They'll mostly be wrong. The basis of weight loss is simple math. Not meal timing. Not macro timing. Not clean eating. Not smoothies or detoxes. Math. And just because you load the numbers into the equation at different times of the day, if the numbers stay the same, the outcome will be the same.

he said our bodies are designed around the Sun and we were made as hunters and gatherers and we need to taper off when it gets dark and we need to eat and work during the day if we eat heavy at night our bodies won't respond well to that.
  • rikkejanell2014
    heybales wrote: »

Ask him what his body was burning then through rest of the day not eating as much to store up so much food for eating late.

And for the whole day not eating that much you burned a bunch of extra fat and any workouts used up muscle glucose stores and your liver has gotten depleted too keeping blood sugar up.

So now you eat late and the carbs go to refill those stores, and maybe some of the fat you eat goes back to fat - but you burned more during the day anyway, so you lost some.

So by the end of the discussion - it worked out the same.

He eats his big breakfast - there's only some liver stores to refill, so some carbs there, fat goes to fat, some is used for energy from the food rather than pulled from fat stores, but after 4-5 hrs he's back to the state you are in after 2-3 hours eating a lite breakfast. And since such a big meal for what his body really needs right then, those excess carbs not used for energy in that time range - those go to fat too.

You're smart. Thank you.

• rikkejanell2014
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Condescending much?

You have some freaky friends.

It's my brother inlaw
  • rikkejanell2014
    it's my brother-in-law he commented on one of my pictures on my weight loss Journey Instagram page where I had 700 calories for dinner however I still stayed in my calorie goal for the day and he commented how I need to eat those have your meals in the morning.
  • rikkejanell2014
    kind of aggravated me when people think they know it all he lifts weights and maintains his weight I'm trying to lose 60 more pounds of fat.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Just take his advice with a grain of salt.

Many here who have replied to your post have also lost weight (some have lost a LOT) and are now maintaining. Some lift weights, too. :)

Just keep doing what you're doing and you should be fine. For me, personally I find I have to weigh all my food and log every morsel of food every day to lose weight.
This discussion has been closed.