Juice cleanse

Options

Replies

• AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I wasn't actually doing it to specifically lose weight. After being in Europe for two weeks eating a lot of cheese, wine and rich food, I like the idea of two days without alcohol, caffeine, solid food. Yes I know I can do all that without the juice, but the claim is it's supposed to rid toxins. Maybe it's all hooey, but two days won't kill me. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the advice.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well I already paid for it and it's in my fridge so dammit I'm doing it. Also, it's not just "juice". Some of them look really dense with veggies.

really curious what one would pay for such a "cleanse" ??
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well I already paid for it and it's in my fridge so dammit I'm doing it. Also, it's not just "juice". Some of them look really dense with veggies.

really curious what one would pay for such a "cleanse" ??

A lot. Freshii has a 3-day one for $80, another raw juice place for $85, and a smoothie and juice place that sells every trend, including bulletproof coffee, all the "superfood" ingredients, and juices and smoothies that are supposed to do all kinds of magical things for a whopping $210 for 3-days (with longer ones possible). This is Chicago, I'm sure SF, NYC, and London could beat that easily.

It's trendy around here, especially among those with lots of disposable income, so...
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ok to those of you who are sending me private emails telling me how stupid I am and that I got scammed, please stop. My original post was merely asking if anyone had done it. I wasn't asking anyone's opinion of my decision making ability or how I choose to spend my money. Geez, lots of judgemental people here who somehow think it's their duty to inform me that I'm an idiot. It wasn't very expensive because I got a Groupon for $89 for three days of juice. On their website it costs $185 which I agree is a lot. Ok I'm done with this topic.
  • SuperNerd42
    SuperNerd42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ghgf1lqyh1lf.jpg
    This what I think of anytime I read about juice cleanses :)

Haven't done one- although based on what I've heard I'd stock up on tp.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Most people that I know (and probably many that I don't know) have spent money on things that weren't necessary or that didn't work out the way that they planned. I know that I have. People can spend their money how they choose.

OP...as far as a juice cleanse I have not tried it. Even though I don't think it would harm me...I am too afraid...I might hurt someone along the way. I need my coffee in the mornings. I am not nice until after that first cup...well...maybe the second cup!