What did they mean by this? Can't stop crying

Options
BryKate
BryKate Posts: 74 Member
Hi everyone

So I was walking down the road this morning in shorts and a top when 2 guys yell from their van "oi love hows the bacon!" By this I can only assume they were calling me fat. I got home a few minutes ago and can't stop crying. A brief summary of my background is that I lost a lot of weight very quickly due to under eating and over-exercising. I then went travelling for 10 weeks and pretty much gained it all back which for anyone who has lost then gained weight knows, its freakin' tough!! I was feeling very low for a long time but finally decided in May to do something about it. Since then I have been losing weight sensibly. (eating well and going to the gym 5x a week for an hour and a half - 2 hours, not 7 days a week for 3-4 hours like before). The progress is slow and frustrating but I've actually started to feel a little better about myself these past couple of weeks and have started to notice improvements. Now I just feel awful again. I don't know how much I weigh as I got far too obsessed with the scales so ditched them last year, but I wear a clothes size 10 (that's UK size so a US size 6) If I had to guess I'd say I'm about 135Ibs. I KNOW I'm not a stick insect but I don't get how anyone can basically just yell at a girl "hey fatty" and not realise how it's deep that's gonna cut. Urh :(

Replies

• kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    You probably missheard them. They cant have shouted that because your beautiful hun xxx
  • kkdelduca
    kkdelduca Posts: 73
    Options
    Cause they are jerks. Some people say things even if they aren't true just to have the "fun" of making fun of someone else. You know they only say and do mean things totry and make themselves feel better. Brush it off. You're gorgeous and skinny.
  • kkdelduca
    kkdelduca Posts: 73
    Options
    You probably missheard them. They cant have shouted that because your beautiful hun xxx
    Yep
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I assume they were trying to flirt with you, but don't have the confidence required to do it correctly.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    well from your profile pic i cant imagine for one minute how they could be calling you fat.

i have no idea what they are referring to on this though. its just immature men. ignore one bad comment. embrace all the positive ones :-)
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    well from your profile pic i cant imagine for one minute how they could be calling you fat.

i have no idea what they are referring to on this though. its just immature men. ignore one bad comment. embrace all the positive ones :-)

^^^ He's always right ;)

I just checked out your pic, but I can't see anything bacon about it. My guess is, if you did hear correct, that they were calling you a hot babe. Not a fatty. :flowerforyou:
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what 2 random people shouted from a van? Move on
  • alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    They most likely said "how's it shakin" IMO....because there is no way you are fat in any way at all. But don't give so much credit to stupid people, regardless of what they may or may not have said. They are not worth your tears.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

^^^ He's always right ;)

I just checked out your pic, but I can't see anything bacon about it. My guess is, if you did hear correct, that they were calling you a hot babe. Not a fatty. :flowerforyou:

^^^ shes always right
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options

Double ditto
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. I know it's normal to think half a year or a year is too long but on a life time it's not actually. Also don't go to the gym for too long that's not necessary. Ideally do a full body weight workout and 20 minutes of cardio then go home. Get your diet sorted out properly that's the important thing.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is from the urban dictionary

Slang .... How are you?; What is new? What's shakin' bacon? What's going down?

I presume they might have meant something like this as you certainly are not fat

Cheer up they were probably flirting ????????
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

^^^ He's always right ;)

im not always right. just most of the time :-P
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Bacon is sizzling hot, sweetie. xx
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine it iether when I look at your profile picture. You are stunning. You really are.

just give them the finger and move on.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think you should have confidence in yourself....those were silly people and you are giving an opportunity to people like that to hurt you..that too without any reason....you should know what you are...
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    maybe they suggest you eat more bacon, 135 lbs is nothing....
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    They most likely said "how's it shakin" IMO....because there is no way you are fat in any way at all. But don't give so much credit to stupid people, regardless of what they may or may not have said. They are not worth your tears.

^^^THIS^^^

Don't worry about those MORONS. More than likely it was meant as a compliment. Either way, they are not worth your time/tears.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    This is from the urban dictionary

Slang .... How are you?; What is new? What's shakin' bacon? What's going down?

I presume they might have meant something like this as you certainly are not fat

Cheer up they were probably flirting ????????

yea "makin bacon" is a slang for having sex too.They were hitting on you so they definitely found you attractive and not fat!
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    From what I can see of your profile picture I could only wish to look as great as you! I know it's difficult but ignore them and continue doing what you're doing! :) xo