What did they mean by this? Can't stop crying

Options

Replies

• BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't have empathy for this. You think I haven't been called things over the years? I don't let it bother me. If I did I would be a jibbering wreck! And I don't have time for that.

Also, the OP just sent me hate mail! I find this amusing.

Again, just because YOU have great self esteem doesn't mean that she does. The OP has stated that she has suffered from disordered eating and self esteem issues. It's probably going to be a struggle for her FOREVER to see what everyone else does. It really bothers me that people are being rude about it because I know exactly how she feels. I cry about things people say to me about my body all the time. I know I shouldn't but that's something I need to work on. I not an issue of "Just get over it". You can't "Just get over it". It's something you have to work on. I kind of understand that some people look at her and are like "WTF, that's stupid that she cares someone said she's fat because shes OBVIOUSLY tiny." Just because YOU see she's tiny doesn't mean that SHE sees it.

Thank you :) you summed it up exactly. What really bothers me though is I'm being accused of sending "hate mail" when I simply sent a calm email asking her not to be so judgemental. Thanks for your kind words I'm glad some people actually understand where I'm coming from xo
  • littlefrenchshrimp
    Options
    I definitely understand how bad you felt (or still feel?). When someone is not comfortable with his weight, it will become an obsession. That's why you may have misheard them and thought they were talking about your weight whereas they were just stupid guys trying to show off - It is well known that guys yelling from cars or vans are immature and they would do anything to get laid.
    Don't let them win, smile and move on. They don't deserve your attention :)
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This is even MORE amusing!

Thanks everyone, I got a new friend out of this thread!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Making bacon. Slang for having sex. Paul and Sally were making bacon.

yeah, i think it's much more likely they were wanting to do the bad-thing with you than call you fat.
    size 10 isn't fat - you know that. :smile:
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    (licks lips) I like bacon and would consider it a compliment. DO you know how folks on this board wish they could eat some (bacon) right now, and of course your profile picture is not helping to control the urge much.
    Lady, there many comments that you should have made back at them.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I've had self esteem issues my whole life bit I know when to ignore two idiotic guys in a van who probably don't have enough brain cells between them to string together judging by their behaviour! Just laugh at them and move on!

If it was meant to insult you, you've let them win. They need your pity, not your tears because you're better than that.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you misheard the guys or not. But reading through others' responses, I'm leaning toward that either you misunderstood what they said and/or they were flirting/hitting on you. That whatever was said was because you look fine, not because you looked fat. Wipe your tears and move on.
  • HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    well from your profile pic i cant imagine for one minute how they could be calling you fat.

i have no idea what they are referring to on this though. its just immature men. ignore one bad comment. embrace all the positive ones :-)

This is the cutest response I've seen! What a darl
  • 5ftnFun
    Options
    hey OP, what you really ought to do is start another thread about the same thing...oh...you already have.....

OP, why did you do that? If you are this distraught, I really think you need to seek professional help. Seriously, I mean that. You really need to address your self esteem or confidence issues. Being upset is one thing, but having 2 threads on the exact same incident seems a bit much to me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't have empathy for this. You think I haven't been called things over the years? I don't let it bother me. If I did I would be a jibbering wreck! And I don't have time for that.

Again, just because YOU have great self esteem doesn't mean that she does. The OP has stated that she has suffered from disordered eating and self esteem issues. It's probably going to be a struggle for her FOREVER to see what everyone else does. It really bothers me that people are being rude about it because I know exactly how she feels. I cry about things people say to me about my body all the time. I know I shouldn't but that's something I need to work on. I not an issue of "Just get over it". You can't "Just get over it". It's something you have to work on. I kind of understand that some people look at her and are like "WTF, that's stupid that she cares someone said she's fat because shes OBVIOUSLY tiny." Just because YOU see she's tiny doesn't mean that SHE sees it.

Thank you :) you summed it up exactly. What really bothers me though is I'm being accused of sending "hate mail" when I simply sent a calm email asking her not to be so judgemental. Thanks for your kind words I'm glad some people actually understand where I'm coming from xo

Calling someone a jerk and a troll isn't really being calm.

And yes, you can get over it pretty easily. If you can't, that's because you choose not to let it go. With practice or/and counseling, you can do it.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    hey OP, what you really ought to do is start another thread about the same thing...oh...you already have.....

OP, why did you do that? If you are this distraught, I really think you need to seek professional help. Seriously, I mean that. You really need to address your self esteem or confidence issues. Being upset is one thing, but having 2 threads on the exact same incident seems a bit much to me.

She said on the other thread that she basically didn't like how this thread was going.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1048853-2-guys-just-called-me-fat-and-now-i-m-a-mess?page=1#posts-16104785
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It really makes me sad that there are ADULTS that think that cyber bullying is ok...
  • 5ftnFun
    Options

She said on the other thread that she basically didn't like how this thread was going.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1048853-2-guys-just-called-me-fat-and-now-i-m-a-mess?page=1#posts-16104785

Yeah, I see that now, thanks.
  • BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone I know realise it was dumb to make two threads on this. I honestly didn't expect such a huge response on this one so made he other very shortly after. I had literally been home for 10 minutes and was extremely upset and just looking for a few words or encouragement (NOT fishing for compliments. Honestly if any of you knew me in real life you'd know how much I reject any compliments etc). Sorry I made two threads. Of course I feel stupid now but anyone out there with severe esteem issues will know what is like just to need a bit of support when they're feeling low.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Calling someone a jerk and a troll isn't really being calm.

And yes, you can get over it pretty easily. If you can't, that's because you choose not to let it go. With practice or/and counseling, you can do it.

No no no. I was the one who called them a jerk and a troll. And I never said I was calm. :)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It really makes me sad that there are ADULTS that think that cyber bullying is ok...

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It means they want to pork you.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It means they want to pork you.

Hehehe
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Get over yourself.

Exhibit A....smh

Telling someone to get over themselves is cyber bullying? Ummmm...wow. How do people function in life?
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options

^butthurt