Replies

• Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    maybe they said " oi love u bakin" cuz its so hot outside
  • BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    wow..everyone thank you so much for your lovely comments. I honestly didn't post this to fish for compliments. Perhaps I did mishear them but not much sounds like "bacon" haha. I guess I just need to look past it, keep working hard and look killer in a few months and see who is laughing then :p thanks again everyone honestly you've all made my day a bit better xo
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    you heard two guys shout 'how's the bacon' from a moving van and now you're crying?

Gosh. I think you ought to get your ears syringed. I strongly suggest they did not shout 'how's the bacon'

I'm afraid I'm not going to write 'oh you're so beautiful' it can't be true', because I think that's ultimately what this about.

Who's gives a *kitten* what two random guys in a van shouted? If a woman on a bus shouts about mushrooms, God help you.....
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Making bacon. Slang for having sex. Paul and Sally were making bacon.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    well from your profile pic i cant imagine for one minute how they could be calling you fat.

i have no idea what they are referring to on this though. its just immature men. ignore one bad comment. embrace all the positive ones :-)

^^^ He's always right ;)

I just checked out your pic, but I can't see anything bacon about it. My guess is, if you did hear correct, that they were calling you a hot babe. Not a fatty. :flowerforyou:

^^^ shes always right

^^^ He's right about me being right :wink:
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ummmm..... I have heard that "bacon" is used as a crude reference for a ladies "you-know-what".
    So they were probably just being typical offensive white van men (disclaimer - there are polite respectful white van men in the world!)

Whatever they meant, ignore and move on. What you're up to and what you look like has nothing to do with them anyways!
  • kkdelduca
    kkdelduca Posts: 73
    Options
    you heard two guys shout 'how's the bacon' from a moving van and now you're crying?

Gosh. I think you ought to get your ears syringed. I strongly suggest they did not shout 'how's the bacon'

I'm afraid I'm not going to write 'oh you're so beautiful' it can't be true', because I think that's ultimately what this about.

Who's gives a *kitten* what two random guys in a van shouted? If a woman on a bus shouts about mushrooms, God help you.....
    2 guys yell from their van "oi love hows the bacon!"

What would you think if someone yelled that at you?
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options

2 guys yell from their van "oi love hows the bacon!"

What would you think if someone yelled that at you?

they're gay
  • BryKate
    BryKate Posts: 74 Member
    Options

ok this has NOTHING to do with my just looking for compliments. With all due respect you know nothing about me. I have severe self esteem and confidence issues and actually often struggle just being around my friends let along going to parties where I know there will be a bunch of strangers etc. For 6 months last years I restricted myself to 5-700cals a day and was exercising off about 1500cals a day. Even at my lowest weight I would look in the mirror and cry. Yes this isn't "normal" and yes I may "have issues" but I am well aware I have body and confidence issues so please don't presume that you know anything about me.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Guys in vans are notoriously arrogant and ignorant *kitten*. I'd have to agree with others; judging by your profile pic, it's probably that you misheard, and being a former chubber, you probably assumed the worst.
  • demyumo
    demyumo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mate, no matter how good people look there are just some idiots that will say stupid things for the sake of it. I wouldn't take it personally, not sure cowards yelling from a van are worth any tears at all! Just keep your head up and keep on track!
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    a size six is NEVER fat. don't worry about it. don't let it get you down.

Blame it on todays media..
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful. These jerks were just showing off for each other, and neither would've had the guts to say something like that to your face as opposed to shouting it from a moving vehicle.

I used to work at a gas station, and this guy came in one time with a lit cigarette. I very politely said, "I'm sorry, sir, you can't smoke in here." He stepped outside & finished his cigarette, then came in & paid for his purchase. At the end of the transaction, it felt like out of nowhere, he goes, "So what, you're being a ***** because you're mad that you can't lose weight?" Keep in mind, at this point in my life, I was nowhere NEAR overweight. Without missing a beat I answered, "yep. That's exactly why I enforced store policy and city ordinance. Because I can't lose weight." He just turned around and left. NEVER let them see that they've hurt you.
  • DempseyWRX
    DempseyWRX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ummmm..... I have heard that "bacon" is used as a crude reference for a ladies "you-know-what".
    So they were probably just being typical offensive white van men (disclaimer - there are polite respectful white van men in the world!)
    Whatever they meant, ignore and move on. What you're up to and what you look like has nothing to do with them anyways!

If this is the case, plus the accent of someone who would say something like "oi love", 'How's ya bacon' sounds like a reasonable cat call from a moving vehicle? Something comparable to "how much?" or "why don't you turn that this way"... In any case, nobody who cares about their body will every be satisfied with it which sucks, I know.. I think just trying to stay focused not on your goal, but the fact that you've accomplished so much and how much better it makes you feel from the day before will bring some happiness. I like to think I'm a little bit sexier than the day before, and that keeps me on target :wink:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    NFI why they would have shouted that. If you're a size 10, then you probably look underweight compared to most women around you.

Maybe they thought shouting a random message at a stranger would be funny but you've "read between the lines" (of which there was nothing to read) and concluded it was a personal attack on your weight.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Wow..I live in the UK too and have never head that sort of remark, but regardless, it has made you upset.

you are an attractive young woman and really..just ignore these sorts of comments.

Alternatively...take up running and bombard them with snot rockets. You'd be surprised how accurate you become the more you run.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what 2 random people shouted from a van? Move on

this!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

bacon.... mushrooms... this is just making me want a fry up!!!!
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    well from your profile pic i cant imagine for one minute how they could be calling you fat.

i have no idea what they are referring to on this though. its just immature men. ignore one bad comment. embrace all the positive ones :-)

He's right. They are the reason so many are demanding male birth control. Hangs head in shame...:frown:
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I reckon this is closest to the truth. In my (limited) experience of shouting out of vans it's never normally a put down, they would of wanted to get a rise out of you. You can either stick a finger up and then they may shout something derogatory, just wave and smile and they'll give you another toot on the horn or just shout back and ask them "how their little co*cks are?"