Ask a mortician

Options

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    In my opinion, I wouldn't start a discussion about my personal job if I thought forums were a place to escape reality, but I hope that all goes well for you.

When I started this thread six months ago, I was in a very different place in life and craved other human interaction. I put the most interesting thing about myself out there and hoped people would eventually excecpt me. Talking about my job was an escape from thinking about my crappy marriage.It was what needed at the time. Since then, I have gotten divorced and built several friendships on here. I've also created a bucket list of things I would like to do and I've been busy checking things off my list in my spare time. I gave everything I had in my marriage and made countless sacrifices so I could take care of my ex. Its my turn to do the things I want and that includes not answering questions about my job on here anymore. So excuse me for being selfish. # sorrynotsorry

Dooooooood I literally did a slow clap for you :smiley: much resspeckt!

Wonder who will take up the job thread baton. We should put that in the nomination thread. @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks interested?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    @LittleHearseDriver - thanks for the brilliant thread and best wishes. I'm glad you're doing well.
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    In my opinion, I wouldn't start a discussion about my personal job if I thought forums were a place to escape reality, but I hope that all goes well for you.

When I started this thread six months ago, I was in a very different place in life and craved other human interaction. I put the most interesting thing about myself out there and hoped people would eventually excecpt me. Talking about my job was an escape from thinking about my crappy marriage.It was what needed at the time. Since then, I have gotten divorced and built several friendships on here. I've also created a bucket list of things I would like to do and I've been busy checking things off my list in my spare time. I gave everything I had in my marriage and made countless sacrifices so I could take care of my ex. Its my turn to do the things I want and that includes not answering questions about my job on here anymore. So excuse me for being selfish. # sorrynotsorry

If I find something ironic I will point it out. You took it personally as an attack, even if I wished you well and said thanks (in honesty), but you have issues and that's ok. Triggered by much drama. Ok, you are excused. Just don't spill anymore of your reality on me. Moving on.
  • MrStabbems
    Options

If I find something ironic I will point it out. You took it personally as an attack. I wished you well and said thanks (in honesty) but you have issues and that's ok. Triggered by much drama. Ok, you are excused. Just don't spill it on me.

To be fair she did clarify her reasons for creating the job thread. Also reasons change depending on the needs of the individual at that time. You might start something for one reason and continue or end it for another.

Either way it was a good thread. We want moar because we need to feed on ENTERTAINMENT!!!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If you own your own land/property, is it legal to bury your loved ones on that property if the corpse has been properly prepped by someone in your profession?
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

If I find something ironic I will point it out. You took it personally as an attack. I wished you well and said thanks (in honesty) but you have issues and that's ok. Triggered by much drama. Ok, you are excused. Just don't spill it on me.

To be fair she did clarify her reasons for creating the job thread. Also reasons change depending on the needs of the individual at that time. You might start something for one reason and continue or end it for another.

Either way it was a good thread. We want moar because we need to feed on ENTERTAINMENT!!!

I agree it was a very very good thread MrStabbems. I was whole heartedly shocked by her reaction as I was unaware to the circumstances. I didn't recall reading about it. Not looking for hate (or drama) so, hope everything moves smooth from here on out.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think my good qualities out weigh my "issues." I didnt take it as an attack, I'm a sharp tongued smartass. I keep my private life to myself because I don't want to be pitied.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

Wonder who will take up the job thread baton. We should put that in the nomination thread. @SomebodyWakeUpHIcks interested?

Since I am unemployed I do not think I am qualified to lead a job thread.
  • MrStabbems
    Options

Since I am unemployed I do not think I am qualified to lead a job thread.

dat wuz the joke mayne.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

If I find something ironic I will point it out. You took it personally as an attack, even if I wished you well and said thanks (in honesty), but you have issues and that's ok. Triggered by much drama. Ok, you are excused. Just don't spill anymore of your reality on me. Moving on.

ngrvm4mpfagg.jpg
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options

Feel free to join us in the Singles Hangout if you still need some entertaining online human interaction, I'm sure you would fit right in.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    @LittleHearseDriver thanks for the thread. It was very entertaining. 25 pages is a pretty good run! All the best to you!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    @LittleHearseDriver: Thank you for sharing your time and experience with us!
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

So sassy!

Thanks for sharing and letting us get to know you better!
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    BrendanMcGroarty Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This is fascinating. I am a part time hospice chaplain and have similar experiences. I don't mind being around those who are dying. They are usually peaceful and happy. The living is more difficult but I try to help the see the happiness of the dying.
    Have you ever seen One Million Dubliners? It is an Irish documentary. I would like to know your thoughts on it.
    Does bring a mortician make you generally a happy person?
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Resurrecting this out of retirement. Ask away José!
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

Morticians have that power too? God, why don’t you just call yourself Jesus
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Is that really your sweater?