IT'S CHRISSTMAASS!!! What are your diet plans?

Ok, everyone's stuffing sugarplums, goose fat roasties, and stuffing into every orifice.
What do you do?
Nut roast and marmite water?
Full naughty blow out and a trip to the vomitorium?
The same diet food as usual?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Diet break. I've been maintaining for a while now but I'll take a diet break for about 10 days or 2 weeks and then sometime in early January I'll get back into it again.

I do, however, plan to exercise my butt off ... because that's how I celebrate things. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    We keep Christmas Day food pretty simple. I'll have a cinnamon roll, bacon, and coffee at breakfast. Then we'll have a late lunch/early dinner that's going to be ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, and rolls. Probably a cookie for dessert.

I am just getting over the flu and still not too hungry, but for some reason I am craving applesauce. It was the actual influenza flu, not a stomach bug, so no upset stomach, which makes me wonder why I am craving applesauce of all things. Anyway, yesterday I bought a jar of regular applesauce, a jar of cinnamon applesauce, and a box of those applesauce pouches. So apparently I am going to be feasting on applesauce this week.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    diet and Christmas in the same sentence.... :wink:

Its only a few days of indulgent eating so I will enjoy and then after Boxing Day it'll be back to normal eating...simple and very effective I've found from previous years :smile:

Pretty much this. I try to enjoy the time with family and friends, enjoy my favorite food and drink, enjoy some exercise (it's a great stress relief at a busy time of the year) and have perspective. This is my fourth year on MFP. I've gone from trying to being super strict and keeping my normal deficit to saying "all bets are off" and eating what I want, and everything in between. I've never done any "diet damage" that wasn't undone in the first two weeks of January. It's not worth stressing about - so I'm going to relax, have fun, and indulge sensibly.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Despite a multitude of parties this week, I'm going to try keeping a small deficit of around 100-250cals and keep my exercise regime, which means even working out Chrismas eve (love it because the gym's empty).

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, all bets are off. Not too many days do I intentionally forgo logging.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    im eating , i hear were having steaks Christmas eve ..
  • 1) Increase calories to current maintenance (3000)
    2) Keep workout frequency/intensity etc
    3) Increase activity level, especially walking to boost TDEE.

If I can maintain or lose weight for 2 weeks I'll be happy.

I am planning on a good walk to work a bit off too, but I still intend eating a van full.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I'm bulking so it will be a free for all.

Ha I say that but in reality my eyes are always bigger than my stomach :D

Oh how I miss the old days. Up to the age of 20, I ate as much as a small army, but could NOT get as fat or musclier as a broom. Now I touch a photo of a burger and my skin assimilates the fat by osmosis.

i hear ya , one look and i gain 5 pounds now lol

Good luck everyone and have a Merry Christmas
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Christmas morning 5k run followed by a solid eat-drink-and-be-merry all day session. Will try some moderation on Xmas eve or Boxing day, like making more sensible snack and portion choices.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Eat whatever I want on Christmas Day and Boxing Day in whatever quantities I like.

The rest of the time eat sensibly.

Any excess weight to be dealt with in January.