IT'S CHRISSTMAASS!!! What are your diet plans?

Replies

• eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    I plan to stay on diet as much as possible, but would be happy with maintaining my current weight! I will just eat smaller portions when I go off diet, work out when I can and maayyyybeee reduce my alcohol intake. HA. I'm just kidding about that last one; It hurts to even joke about that :D
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    When I was actively losing weight, I weighed, measured, and logged my food within my calorie goal for the day. Now I weigh. measure, and log my food in portions/amounts I want. Xmas is one of my IDGAF days.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    diet and Christmas in the same sentence.... :wink:

Its only a few days of indulgent eating so I will enjoy and then after Boxing Day it'll be back to normal eating...simple and very effective I've found from previous years :smile:

^This. Except I'm 'murrican and we don't have Boxing Day.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    I have no diet plans, Terry...I'll eat exactly the same way I've been eating for the last year...except I may have a piece of cake or something.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    I am in maintenance and will stay that way till January. I won't log on Christmas Day, I'll call it 4000 calories and let my hair down.

But I think I will pick an orifice and stick to it, personally.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Last year I gave myself permission to have a diet and logging break during the "holidays" which ended up being from October to late January and I gained back half of what I had lost. I'm not doing that again this year. Christmas Eve is always a potluck at my mom's house, Christmas Day is usually going back to mom's house to open gifts and nibble on the leftovers from the night before. This year I'm also planning an evening with friends at some point between now and New Year's. So that's a maximum of 3 days that I have something planned that involves food. I'll try to eat at or below maintenance for those 3 days and maybe try to get in some extra workouts if possible.
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'll be eating, drinking, and being merry! ;) The holidays are a time for enjoying family and friends, not stressing about calories.

I'm in maintenance so I'm not "dieting" but I'll be getting back to my normal eating routine after the new year. There will be too many leftovers until then :p
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    1) Increase calories to current maintenance (3000)
    2) Keep workout frequency/intensity etc
    3) Increase activity level, especially walking to boost TDEE.

If I can maintain or lose weight for 2 weeks I'll be happy.

I am planning on a good walk to work a bit off too, but I still intend eating a van full.

I have a walk planned on boxing day which is a fair distance so should give me some more calories to enjoy.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    For Christmas Eve, my mom is making black beans and rice with Italian sausage and Cuban style roast pork loin. I don't get this very often, so I will be eating it ALL, with no logging.
  • cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    As much as I will want to stuff my face, In reality, I would probably feel sick. I will start the day off with hot yoga, go on a hike (as long as it's not snowing) and then eat what I please for the rest of the day. My husband and I go out to dinner on Christmas Day, and it'll probably be sushi. I will not track my food that day, but I will track my exercise. that's my holiday "treat".
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm attempting to bank 500-750 Calories a day Monday-Friday (which means eating around 1800), which will give me 1250-2500 Calories a day extra for Christmas Eve+Day. Will also be eating at maintenance on Christmas Eve+Day and Boxing Day, will be running round like a blue arsed fly all three days cooking and have a 5k walk planned for Christmas and Boxing days, plus the 3k walk to midnight mass. Reckon I should easy have 3500 Calories available for each of the three days.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Im loving low carb atm but im planning on eating more carbs. Ive not bought any Christmas food. Ill be having traditional english Christmas dinner - we have roast beef and yorkshire pudding. I may pass on the roast potatoes, maybe the yorkshire pudding, maybe the liver pate on toast starter- not sure yet. Ill be having lots if champagne and definitely the Christmas pudding and Brandy sauce. Ill be avoiding any chocolates we are given.
    Ill not be doing the cheese board like last year.

• ejb499
    ejb499 Posts: 53 Member
    I'll probably eat the same way I have been. I haven't cut anything out of my diet anyways I just eat less now than I used to. Quite honestly I couldn't eat like I could before even if I tried.

The difference will be in the drinks. I am looking forward to a few hot buttered rums and some mulled wine that will put me well over my calorie goal but hey it's only once a year!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    My plan is to eat and enjoy, then crush some PR's at the gym. Last week was my lazy week, so I have to make sure I stay dedicated this week with the holiday coming up. We're going to a Brazilian Steakhouse for Christmas since our house is under construction so all that protein can get put to good use! Christmas Eve dinner is usually based around fish and veggies (thanks to Italian traditions) so that won't put me out of my range too much. The drinking will probably be what kicks me over the calorie limit.
  • I am in maintenance and will stay that way till January. I won't log on Christmas Day, I'll call it 4000 calories and let my hair down.

But I think I will pick an orifice and stick to it, personally.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I just realised I actually said that. Didn't mean it rudely. It's Christmas though. Time for festered fun and frolics.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Rule #1 for me: No "diets"
    Rule #2 If in doubt, refer to rule #1

I'm going to eat, make merry and have fun. Assuming I live through it resume eating normally the day after.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Diet plans.

Save calories every day until Christmas for a splurge.
    Log everything.
    Pre log supper.
    Enjoy.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Once again our friend is cooking, prime rib I believe, I'm making a 7 layer mex dip (always requested). I MAY make some cookies for old times sake. There is a holiday party at the office on wednesday, but I've been so good at saying no to things since thanksgiving (every wednesday we have a sales meeting with food), that I'm not anticipating overdoing it, and I will get a bike ride in that day.

Christmas I will do what I did last year, cycle the day before cycle in the morning, go enjoy the party, probably also go out to dinner since that party is a brunch, and cycle again the next day. My stomach only fits so much into it in one sitting these days, so I'm not too worried.

There is a quick overnight trip to mom's on the 30th, but the only possible overdo is alcohol that I have to keep sipping to avoid responding to my brother or sisters latest rants. Then they go back to CT where they belong!

New Years Eve is a predicted overdo, won't be able to fit in a cycle, I don't think between driving 3 hours home from mom's then heading south to Ft Lauderdale for New Years Eve. Checking into a hotel and want to get there early to relax, have dinner, then Billy Joe's New Years Eve concert! Lots and lots of alcohol I expect!

After that its fully back on this horse through March 5th, then with my newly trimmer body (hopefully 20lbs more down, thats the goal) I will be off to VEGAS BABY! Past experience I doubt I'll gain weight in Vegas with all the walking involved. But recovering the next week I just have to sleep enough and I won't overeat.