IT'S CHRISSTMAASS!!! What are your diet plans?

Options

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I will enjoy the holiday. Not focusing on anything but that.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I will try very hard to log everything and to just not overdo it. And then I get right back on plan after.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Most of my dinner is food that is normally part of my "diet" anyway:

Christmas Eve - crab legs, shrimp, scallops, broccoli (there will be baked potato, but I will skip that)

Christmas Day - ham, acorn squash, Brussels sprouts with bacon, green beans (there will be mashed potatoes, raisin sauce, and dinner rolls, but I will skip those)

Christmas dessert is the part that is not part of my "diet" (I eat low carb), but I'm planning to make a yummy French silk pie and, yes I will have a generous slice of it. And one the next day too. I will skip the cookies and fudge tho.

It's a holiday. Taking a little departure, or even a big departure, is not a big deal, so long as you get back to normal right after.
  • Mayasmama5410
    Mayasmama5410 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am going into my third week and I have been a little anxious about the food. I really don't want to feel like I am dieting. I am going to try to be mindful and choose things that I really want and be aware of my portion sizes. I plan on starting Christmas Eve with a work out and drinking lots of water, if it isn't too cold I will get in a family hike.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    (I'm in maintenance) Christmas day will be pretty low key food wise-church in the morning (no breakfast), and then we're doing pig n' blankets with crescent rolls for lunch at relatives and it won't be too high calorie. Supper will be a regular meal at home and probably a LC entree or oatmeal. Nothing too exciting. Christmas Eve will be more calorie dense with two gatherings that are dessert focused. I anticipate hitting 3,000+ calories on that day, go me lol.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I'm having a nice turkey dinner and pie. :)
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't ever "diet" moderation is my lifestyle choice I enjoy all kinds of yummy food and I still have lost 50 pounds I will eat at maintenance on Christmas eve to New years. Then pull back to my low cals .
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm going on the see food diet for Christmas
    Imma see food, imma eat it
    Yep lol
    I don't ever "diet" moderation is my lifestyle choice I enjoy all kinds of yummy food and I still have lost 50 pounds I will eat at maintenance on Christmas eve to New years. Then pull back to my low cals .

That pretty much describes my past year. It's so much easier to manage than trying to restrict myself like I did in the past.

AAnd now all I can think about is Christmas dinner and deserts and my mouth is watering :D
  • mandy220750
    mandy220750 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Started my diet break for Christmas. Have my birthday a few days before, so will enjoy until 27 December, then back on track. Love all Christmas food but will not go overboard. Feeling a little rough after eating things I don't usually have, chocolate, crisps, biscuits, pastry, etc.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Probably gonna shift myself to maintenance mode for a few days right around Christmas. If I'm eating the right foods that'll keep me well-stuffed anyway.
  • skinnymam
    skinnymam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tut, had planned to stay on track right up until Christmas day and eat whatever I wanted and then get right back to it.
    Sounded so good, have literally eaten chocolate biscuits every night since last week!
    I'm so annoyed with myself.
    Will try again tomorrow. TUT!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Diet break. I've been maintaining for a while now but I'll take a diet break for about 10 days or 2 weeks and then sometime in early January I'll get back into it again.

I do, however, plan to exercise my butt off ... because that's how I celebrate things. :)

More specifically ...

My husband has decided to make a Christmas pudding this year, and I am to pick up a steamer at lunch today, which will involve walking, fortunately. We'll probably have that at some point this coming weekend. He's also mentioned making an apple pie.

I have a pavlova egg (the mix) to make a pav for Christmas Day which we'll share.

I have also dug out my grandmother's shortbread cookie recipes, and am planning to make those this coming weekend as well. We'll take a few days to get through them.

Plus we've got a stack of fruit mince tarts on the counter.

I'm looking for chocolates too, but haven't found any that appeal.

Immediately after Christmas is my husband's busy season, so I will take over some of the cooking. I've got a stack of slow cooker meal recipes. Those are, of course, reasonably healthy and low cal (I got most from Slender Kitchen), but I'm also planning to do at least one crumble (apple and cherry, probably) and banana bread. All of that will take place in the first couple weeks of January most likely.

It's the one time of year where I actually try my hand at creating stuff in the kitchen. :)

So it won't be awful. We won't be stuffing ourselves to the gills. But we will be eating a whole variety of stuff we don't usually eat throughout the year, over at least 2 weeks. :)

• JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I intentionally volunteered to prepare the most fattening or tempting dishes but will make them "my style" so even if I indulge the damage will be significantly less than high carb versions. Tee hee
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Last year I was recovering from surgery and eating too much of anything made me sick (eating more than a bird actually... really didn't do well with the anesthesia). This year I'm trying to stick to maintenance. My stomach still doesn't like eating too much of anything but the Christmas cookies here and there add up. :wink:

24th during the day, cleaning the house from top to bottom and back (2 cats and a dog in the house so no point in doing it earlier. It's our 'instead of spring cleaning' cleaning) and decorating the tree. In the evening, family dinner (fondue chinoise) and presents.

25th lazy day and leftovers from the 24th. No one is cooking, or cleaning or doing anything on that day except relaxing and drinking coffee. If the weather's nice we might go up one of the mountains nearby for a walk in the sun. If not it's playing cards and trying to out-cheat each other. Loads of yummy homemade Christmas cookies nearby.

26th dinner at my godmother's (so only light breakfast and lunch to save calories for the yummy cheesiness of raclette...). Weather and back permitting, I might try a 5km in the early afternoon to have a bit of extra padding.

31st dinner with friends at my brother's house (every one brings a dish. I've been assigned dessert this year). So again, light breakfast and lunch. And again, weather and back permitting, I might try a 5km in the early afternoon to have a bit of extra padding.

The rest of the days? Maintenance and not a calorie more (that way I can fit in a good amount (about 500 cals worth) of home made Christmas cookies every day... *drool* )
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE FOODS! Saturday night is a full family dinner, Sunday morning brunch will be Eggs Benedict, Sunday night will be a full ham dinner.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    On Christmas Eve I'm going out for lunch with parents and in-laws. We don't do much for dinner on Christmas Eve, probably soup and sitting around gazing at the Christmas tree.

On Christmas morning I'll make porridge with raisins and brown sugar and cinnamon and chocolate and probably cream. I don't do cooked breakfasts on Christmas morning, there's only so much meat I can eat in a day and I want to have an appetite for lunch. Christmas lunch is turkey, ham and traditional trimmings plus trifle and Christmas pudding, and Christmas tea is leftovers.

On Boxing day we have a walk and potluck with extended family and friends, which is great fun provided the weather holds up!