Options
124»

Replies

• jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would:

1. Pay off all my debts.
    2. Take my partner away somewhere exotic for a few months, and get married en route.
    3. Buy a 'comfortable' sized house, and enjoy the rest over the next few years!

This and another house to rent out, Gosh I feel old and boring now
  • nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options
    Here I am and I want to be on top. Pass the fries please.

I'll eat all the nuggets, you eat all the fries, and we'll share a hot fudge sundae. This date just got better.
    We might need a plastic sheet in the back of the van. This is gonna get messy.
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    I'd do two chicks at one time.

Can I be one of the two? All I want in return is sex and McDonald's chicken nuggets.

DONE!! Get in my van, and we'll go find another chick, hit McDonalds, and get this party started.
    [/quote

*sticks out thumb*
    LOL. Hope your hungry
  • amandaknight787
    amandaknight787 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would pay off all debt and never have anymore. I would probably keep my job but cut back to part time to spend more time with my kids. I currently work 50-60 hours a week to pay the bills. Take husband and kids on a cruise. I like my house and my car and we already own some land, so I'd be good in that respect. Would just like to have them paid off. I've put back for retirement. My husband would want to buy as much land as he could that joins ours. As he says, they're not making anymore of it.

I would go to the principal of my kid's school and ask how much I needed to give to never, ever, ever have to participate in another fund raiser. I would also furnish the year's school supplies and field trip money.

I really don't care much about the material things it could buy (cliche I know). I would just like the freedom it would engender. I.E. no more 12 days in a row, being able to take off to the beach for the weekend without worrying about the power bill. Get a pedicure now and then, not clip coupons for 1 week and not feel like I've committed a crime. RELAX!
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    I would pay off all debt and never have anymore. I would probably keep my job but cut back to part time to spend more time with my kids. I currently work 50-60 hours a week to pay the bills. Take husband and kids on a cruise. I like my house and my car and we already own some land, so I'd be good in that respect. Would just like to have them paid off. I've put back for retirement. My husband would want to buy as much land as he could that joins ours. As he says, they're not making anymore of it.

I would go to the principal of my kid's school and ask how much I needed to give to never, ever, ever have to participate in another fund raiser. I would also furnish the year's school supplies and field trip money.

I really don't care much about the material things it could buy (cliche I know). I would just like the freedom it would engender. I.E. no more 12 days in a row, being able to take off to the beach for the weekend without worrying about the power bill. Get a pedicure now and then, not clip coupons for 1 week and not feel like I've committed a crime. RELAX!
    Love
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What would you buy?

Start buying and remdoleing low income houses. After I built up enough cash flow I would definteily buy a nice house and some land for my family as well. And a family cabin up North eventually.
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    I would hire my own personal chef
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    Hmm, if as another poster stated my take home would be $500 K, I would pay off my mortgage (owe $97K) and fund my son's college education (He would love to go to CMU for robotics and engineering).

Ummm, after that, we might be able to afford a few Happy Meals :)
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I'd take the 1mill pounds, as that works out to about 1.66mil AUD.
    Lotto (or even gambling win) = No tax WHOOT

As much as we want 5 acres of land (or more) to enable us to have the horses home and everything, I think the money would go 1 suburban house fully payed off, and then as many investment properties as possible, once other existing debts are clear. About 100-200k would go on new cars/toys/etc

Sure we'd still have to work, but with a house fully payed off, it becomes just utils and food to worry about.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    If I won a lot more than a million:

Pay off some family members debts
    Travel around the world
    Give some to charity
    Buy a house in Hawaii
    Hit up a lot of thrift stores