Unable to do parallel squats!

Options
124»

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Just an update for all those kind enough to give me advice - after following the tips above, this morning I managed to do a parallel squat!! In fact I can get below parallel,almost to the ground but not sure if there's any advantage in that.
    I adopted a much wider stance - wider than shoulder width - turned my feet slightly out and voila! I'm SO chuffed! Still need to work on my form and think my leg muscles need strengthening but it's a start. I could really feel it working too - think I may be sore tomorrow....
    Many many thanks to everyone!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    yipeeeeee. h

(You will be walking like a cowboy tomorrow.)
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Just an update for all those kind enough to give me advice - after following the tips above, this morning I managed to do a parallel squat!! In fact I can get below parallel,almost to the ground but not sure if there's any advantage in that.
    I adopted a much wider stance - wider than shoulder width - turned my feet slightly out and voila! I'm SO chuffed! Still need to work on my form and think my leg muscles need strengthening but it's a start. I could really feel it working too - think I may be sore tomorrow....
    Nice! Just take care to not over train. Take it slow and let those muscles strengthen. Very happy for you, you did it. :)
    yipeeeeee. h

(You will be walking like a cowboy tomorrow.)
    :D For sure lol.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Lol - thank you all!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

Congratulations! :)