I always have lots of calories left before bed. Im just not hungry. Is it okay?

Options
124»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Well, yes, I guess it is better than nothing.

However from a medical point of view, if one really needs iron supplement and cannot take oral - the option would be iron infusion - not taking much less oral iron.

yeah and I dont know where that could be done. I dont think the drs offices here do that

You can't find a multi with iron and your local docs can't perform an infusion? Exactly where are you?

I live in a rural area of wv and no,NONE of the stores carry a multivitamin with iron in it. I checked ALL the labels of the ones the stores sell,.I checked walmart,kroger, my local drug store,cvs and the 2 dollar stores we have. as for the doctors doing something like that I dont know, I have NEVER heard of it being done around here. not to mention not sure if my daughters insurance would cover it.

You could always order it. Walmart has it's own Women's multi that has iron.

I'm sure there are others, too.

my walmart doesnt have it but I probably could order it offline if they have it. hope the pills arent too big(she has an issue swallowing certain sized pills)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Advice: Take a multivitamin with iron daily.
    Approval: Not offered.

just wanted to say do you know how hard it is to find a multivitamin with iron in it lately? not to mention if someone needs to take iron they should make sure they are deficient in it first and have a dr tell them how much to take. otherwise it could cause issues.

Meat, seafood, dark leafy greens, cooked dried beans, pumpkin/squash seeds, wheat germ, tofu, baked potato, dried apricot/raisins, among others. ;)

yeah I know those contain it. my iron levels are fine. my daughter is anemic but shes wont eat veggies,tofu,beans,apricots or raisins(she has a texture/smell/taste issue always has and any iron she takes messes up her gums and teeth for some reason. she was prescribed iron pills and it made her gums swell and bleed and her teeth hurt. once she stopped it stopped. but was looking for a multivitamin with iron in them and its hard as heck to find anything like that.

I have taken many forms of iron and have no side effects from Iron Bisglycinate. One capsule (not large) has 139% of the RDA.

http://www.iherb.com/p/52838
    https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Gentle-BISGLYCINATE-Vegetable-Capsules/dp/B00013Z0QA/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1482527139&sr=8-4&keywords=Iron+Bisglycinate&th=1

Turns out getting over my RDA from food plus one capsule per day was not enough to keep my iron counts in Low Normal - I'm anemic and exhausted and talking to my doctor about iron infusions. Oh, and she thinks my increased heart palpitations are related to my anemia. So don't let your daughter do what I did and not get serious about treating anemia for decades.

Your daughter's levels should be tested regularly and a treatment plan should be figured out and adhered to. If it turns out she cannot tolerate any form of iron orally I don't see why her insurance wouldn't cover infusions. But there are LOTS of forms of oral iron to try first. My general experience was the cheaper they were the less effective they were. However, that's a really good price on Amazon.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, don't eat. Simple.

The problem is it is quite possible to not be hungry while still undereatin, and undereating is not good for you.

On the other hand, it's possible OP is eating more than they realise or burning less than they think.

OP, how long have you been doing this? How much weight have you lost? If you are losing weight more quickly than you planned, then you should try to eat those calories. If you are really struggling to do that, can you give a little detail on your diet? Perhaps you are eating too many very filling foods and need to adjust it a little to make sure you are getting the energy you need.

On the other hand, if you're not losing too fast, it means either your food logging or calorie burns are not accurate, and you can work on making them more so.

Of course, if you've only been doing this a short time then it may not yet be possible to tell.

Today is day 27. my appetite slow down like the last 2 weeksmy starting weight was 2:07 I'm now 198

Ok, so you've lost 9 pounds in 4 weeks, @ 2.25 pounds per week. If your rate of loss doesn't start slowing down soon then do eat a little more. A tablespoon of peanut butter has 100 calories so it is really easy to get more calories that way.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Advice: Take a multivitamin with iron daily.
    Approval: Not offered.

just wanted to say do you know how hard it is to find a multivitamin with iron in it lately? not to mention if someone needs to take iron they should make sure they are deficient in it first and have a dr tell them how much to take. otherwise it could cause issues.

Meat, seafood, dark leafy greens, cooked dried beans, pumpkin/squash seeds, wheat germ, tofu, baked potato, dried apricot/raisins, among others. ;)

yeah I know those contain it. my iron levels are fine. my daughter is anemic but shes wont eat veggies,tofu,beans,apricots or raisins(she has a texture/smell/taste issue always has and any iron she takes messes up her gums and teeth for some reason. she was prescribed iron pills and it made her gums swell and bleed and her teeth hurt. once she stopped it stopped. but was looking for a multivitamin with iron in them and its hard as heck to find anything like that.

I have taken many forms of iron and have no side effects from Iron Bisglycinate. One capsule (not large) has 139% of the RDA.

http://www.iherb.com/p/52838
    https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Gentle-BISGLYCINATE-Vegetable-Capsules/dp/B00013Z0QA/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1482527139&sr=8-4&keywords=Iron+Bisglycinate&th=1

Turns out getting over my RDA from food plus one capsule per day was not enough to keep my iron counts in Low Normal - I'm anemic and exhausted and talking to my doctor about iron infusions. Oh, and she thinks my increased heart palpitations are related to my anemia. So don't let your daughter do what I did and not get serious about treating anemia for decades.

Your daughter's levels should be tested regularly and a treatment plan should be figured out and adhered to. If it turns out she cannot tolerate any form of iron orally I don't see why her insurance wouldn't cover infusions. But there are LOTS of forms of oral iron to try first. My general experience was the cheaper they were the less effective they were. However, that's a really good price on Amazon.

she does get it checked often.I will make sure she talks to her dr and see what they suggest. I agree the price is really good.