Ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph

Options
What body type are you? Do you chose your diet and exercise based on your body type? And do you think that each body type genetically comes with different metabolic tendencies?

I am classified as an endomorph. And all the things that I've read up on my body type seem to be true in my experience. The diet that is suggested for my body type, is a low carb or carb cycling diet, because my body type tends to be more sensitive to insulin/fat storage.

I am blown away by how many diets, suggestions, and opinions there are out there! Just curious if you think this one is legit?!

Replies

• SKristianM
    SKristianM Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a Xenomorph. And no, somatotypes are not legit.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Body types don't exist.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Human male.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ktfranke wrote: »
    What body type are you? Do you chose your diet and exercise based on your body type? And do you think that each body type genetically comes with different metabolic tendencies?

I am classified as an endomorph. And all the things that I've read up on my body type seem to be true in my experience. The diet that is suggested for my body type, is a low carb or carb cycling diet, because my body type tends to be more sensitive to insulin/fat storage.

I am blown away by how many diets, suggestions, and opinions there are out there! Just curious if you think this one is legit?!

Mesomorph 100%. Build muscle easy, athletic, but get fat easy if I don't exercise. I lose weight fast when I do exercise and eat right.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    They aren't real, OP. Don't buy into the BS.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It reminds me of the things that circulate on facebook 'people with blue eyes love easily and are a good thing'.

It's all suitably vague that anyone can believe it applies to them with their own bias
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Anyone, especially female, who thinks they gain muscle quickly or easily is grossly mistaken.

You must be jealous of people that can actually gain easily lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    serapel wrote: »
    I am a eatomorph...I eat too much and morph into another body type.

Yeah. This^^ :D
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Body types don't exist.

Body types do exist

I've got a type of body

So do you

Only the type of body I have has no bearing on how I lose weight, fat or build muscle

Just because some 1940s psychologist looked at some pictures and make up some names for what that meant and then a whole media spin took off it doesn't make it true

Now for constitutional psychology there might be some relevance

But health and fitness

LOL

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Body types don't exist.

Body types do exist

I've got a type of body

So do you

Only the type of body I have has no bearing on how I lose weight, fat or build muscle

Just because some 1940s psychologist looked at some pictures and make up some names for what that meant and then a whole media spin took off it doesn't make it true

Now for constitutional psychology there might be some relevance

But health and fitness

LOL

I was referring to the OP's wording but yes I should have written "somatotype body types" ;)