Just tried my fist quest bar

Options
12346»

Replies

• Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I tried a quest bar (cookies & cream) yesterday. Yuck! Will not have that again. The bars that I have liked so far that is equal in protein and fat are the Perfect Bars. Downside is that they need to be refrigerated, but I still get them. I get the fruit & nut. The fruit & nut has about 18g of protein, but equal amount of fat and calories come in close to 300. I eat about half a bar each day as a snack and works for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I like the ThinkThin bars, KIND bars, and cliff bars. There are others, but they don't come to mind at the moment. Quest bars are okay, but not my favorite. I like the banana nut one.

Every time I go to the supermarket after working out I try a protein bar. I've discovered ThinkThin. I like the 150 calorie / 10 grams protein peanut bar better than the 240 calorie / 20 g protein bar, which is a little more chemically to me but still edible.

I like some Cliff bars, but not the high protein ones. (Too chemically to me.)

I like Aloha chocolate fudge brownie - 18 g protein / 260 calories.

I'm going to see if the MyProtein bars are available locally and if I like them buy a case. They are 30% off with the 30OFF coupon code https://us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/my-bar-zero-12-x-65g/11357456.html?variation=11357460
  • rileyl15
    rileyl15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the ThinkThin bars, KIND bars, and cliff bars. There are others, but they don't come to mind at the moment. Quest bars are okay, but not my favorite. I like the banana nut one.

Has anyone ever tried Ally's Bar? It's sweet potato based - totally delicious & made of real ingredients. Gluten free too! If you sign up for their emails there are usually pretty good discounts: http://allysbar.com

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    So, my bars from MyProtein arrived several days early. I managed to make room for two in my cals and macros today. Honestly, they are better than the old Quest bars, in my opinion.

1: Extremely chewy (to the point where it actually slows eating), so that's a plus over the chalky bleh of the new Quest formula.

2: The chocolate bar actually tastes like chocolate, and not chemical warfare.

3: They are slightly heavier than Quest bars (65g vs. 60g).

4: They didn't use any sugar alcohols, which is a plus for those who are sensitive to them.

5: The nutrion labels are far more precise, I am guessing because of UK standards. For example, the chocolate bar is 192 kcals, and the apple cinnamon is 198. Macros are about the same as Quest bars, but some bars are lower fat than others. All are between 19.7 and 21g of protein.

6: As with everything MP does, the pricing is beyond competitive. As I said, I got 60 bars for $84 US, and my shipping was free, due to the size of the order. $1.40 per bar is insane for any bar, let alone one I am enjoying this much.

Overall, this is the first time in years I've been excited for a new entry in the protein bar market.

Thanks for the review I will be ordering these. I am in desperate need of a new protein bar none of the others I have tried are cutting it. Let me know which flavor is best.

So far, I've managed to make three of them fit into my calories and macros for the day. I am tempted to put in an extra couple of miles to get in the other two though.

So far, my preference order is:
    1) chocolate - I am honestly amazed that someone managed to make a chocolate protein bar that isn't just not terrible, but it actually one of the best bars I've ever had.
    2) cookies and cream: completely different from what one might be used to with Quest. The cookie bits are much smaller, and more add a texture and flavor profile, rather than being overbearing wads of chalk like Quest's cnc.
    3) apple cinnamon: still very good, but less chewy than the first two. The fine chunks of apple include skin, which was a pleasant surprise for me. I hate it when bars just have the meat of the apple in them, as the skin is my favorite part.

If I manage to get to the almond vanilla and caramel peanut later today, I'll drop in another update. If not for the fact that I have a pound of 95/5 ground beef that I have to cook and eat tonight, I'd be willing to drop that to get the other two in. Yeah, that good so far, that I am willing to pass on a pound of meat to be able to eat them, which is unheard of for me.

Based on your review (and that fact that they actually ship to where I live and have a seriously awesome price! :flushed: ) I ordered some... as in 4 boxes of the stuff... I'll send them to you if I don't like them :tongue:

ebay has them cheap

Which is great... but doesn't solve the shipping problem. Trust me on that one. :angry:

free shipping anywhere in us!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    So, my bars from MyProtein arrived several days early. I managed to make room for two in my cals and macros today. Honestly, they are better than the old Quest bars, in my opinion.

1: Extremely chewy (to the point where it actually slows eating), so that's a plus over the chalky bleh of the new Quest formula.

2: The chocolate bar actually tastes like chocolate, and not chemical warfare.

3: They are slightly heavier than Quest bars (65g vs. 60g).

4: They didn't use any sugar alcohols, which is a plus for those who are sensitive to them.

5: The nutrion labels are far more precise, I am guessing because of UK standards. For example, the chocolate bar is 192 kcals, and the apple cinnamon is 198. Macros are about the same as Quest bars, but some bars are lower fat than others. All are between 19.7 and 21g of protein.

6: As with everything MP does, the pricing is beyond competitive. As I said, I got 60 bars for $84 US, and my shipping was free, due to the size of the order. $1.40 per bar is insane for any bar, let alone one I am enjoying this much.

Overall, this is the first time in years I've been excited for a new entry in the protein bar market.

Thanks for the review I will be ordering these. I am in desperate need of a new protein bar none of the others I have tried are cutting it. Let me know which flavor is best.

So far, I've managed to make three of them fit into my calories and macros for the day. I am tempted to put in an extra couple of miles to get in the other two though.

So far, my preference order is:
    1) chocolate - I am honestly amazed that someone managed to make a chocolate protein bar that isn't just not terrible, but it actually one of the best bars I've ever had.
    2) cookies and cream: completely different from what one might be used to with Quest. The cookie bits are much smaller, and more add a texture and flavor profile, rather than being overbearing wads of chalk like Quest's cnc.
    3) apple cinnamon: still very good, but less chewy than the first two. The fine chunks of apple include skin, which was a pleasant surprise for me. I hate it when bars just have the meat of the apple in them, as the skin is my favorite part.

If I manage to get to the almond vanilla and caramel peanut later today, I'll drop in another update. If not for the fact that I have a pound of 95/5 ground beef that I have to cook and eat tonight, I'd be willing to drop that to get the other two in. Yeah, that good so far, that I am willing to pass on a pound of meat to be able to eat them, which is unheard of for me.

Based on your review (and that fact that they actually ship to where I live and have a seriously awesome price! :flushed: ) I ordered some... as in 4 boxes of the stuff... I'll send them to you if I don't like them :tongue:

ebay has them cheap

Which is great... but doesn't solve the shipping problem. Trust me on that one. :angry:

free shipping anywhere in us!

Great. I don't live in the US... :wink:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I stick with Epic meat bars - https://www.epicbar.com/ - and Rise Almond Honey Whey bars - https://risebar.com/shop/protein-bars/almond-honey-protein-bars-2/

Quest always seemed like flavored sawdust to me.

Just my opinion.

I tried Epic meat bars and they were an epic failure. They smelled like dog food to me and the taste was foul. I was bummed because I was hoping for a good savory protein bar, most are just so sweet.

This was my experience to a degree. The chicken sriracha bar was...how do I put this? The taste was awesome but the texture was horrible. It put me in mind of what it would feel like if you added ground oats to potted meat.