Help! Plateau/weight loss stoppage

Options
124»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I hate plateaus also. The whole idea of cutting back and not seeing progress can be demoralizing. Try not to let daily fluctuations get you down. You will likely see the weight drop again soon. Hang in there and don't be discouraged.

Ditto this. Above all, do not give up! You will eventually find your groove, plus i bet you're due for a weight loss whoosh soon.

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It's also important to realize that weight loss isn't linear. Here is a good thread to read through: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

If you haven't already OP, please consider reading this post. It is spot on and will make you feel so much better, I promise.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    denato1 wrote: »
    What would u log for an egg? i always have them use pam to make my eggs(i can see them do it) I get 2 slim slices of swiss usually and 4 thin slices of turkey. They turkey breast is usually less then 1.5 oz. I had them weigh it once. I do not have them weigh everything every day. but i almost always get the same thing. I measured out my half and half 1x in the disposible cup i have at work and use the ridge in it to always pour the same amount.

YOu log the egg with its weight. I generally use the large egg option and type in the grams it is (I crack the egg into a little dish that is tared on the scale). Eggs within a carton can vary 10g from the lightest to heaviest egg. Most of the time, a large egg is around 55ish grams, but can be up to 65g.

Log the Pam. It isn't 0 calories. The longer you spray, the more calories accumulate. Count the seconds they spray if you can see them do it. There may be entries in seconds for pam. Not sure.

Keep weighing the turkey breast. It will not be the same all the time. If i doubt, go for a higher weight in your diary.

As for the half-half, measure with a tablespoon... half-half can be around 20 cals per tablespoon.

This is apparently a take-out sandwich from subway or something.

A 300+ lb man does not have to weigh his eggs to lose weight. I doubt anyone does, unless they eat 10 a day.

Eggs, mustard and herbs are things I've never weighed, I just always use the large USDA entry for eggs. Everything else gets weighed though.

* I also drink round 3L of water everyday, but iv'e never logged it.

You're obviously doing it wrong :tongue:

Ha I hardly ever get anything right :lol:

Me neither :neutral:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    What would u log for an egg? i always have them use pam to make my eggs(i can see them do it) I get 2 slim slices of swiss usually and 4 thin slices of turkey. They turkey breast is usually less then 1.5 oz. I had them weigh it once. I do not have them weigh everything every day. but i almost always get the same thing. I measured out my half and half 1x in the disposible cup i have at work and use the ridge in it to always pour the same amount.

YOu log the egg with its weight. I generally use the large egg option and type in the grams it is (I crack the egg into a little dish that is tared on the scale). Eggs within a carton can vary 10g from the lightest to heaviest egg. Most of the time, a large egg is around 55ish grams, but can be up to 65g.

Log the Pam. It isn't 0 calories. The longer you spray, the more calories accumulate. Count the seconds they spray if you can see them do it. There may be entries in seconds for pam. Not sure.

Keep weighing the turkey breast. It will not be the same all the time. If i doubt, go for a higher weight in your diary.

As for the half-half, measure with a tablespoon... half-half can be around 20 cals per tablespoon.

This is apparently a take-out sandwich from subway or something.

A 300+ lb man does not have to weigh his eggs to lose weight. I doubt anyone does, unless they eat 10 a day.

I weigh my eggs...estimating isn't good enough for me as my deficit is around 300 calories.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You've been given a lot of great advice here, but I would also like to add that you should try measuring yourself as well. Sometimes I don't see the scale move much, but I do see inches lost. I know my body pretty well by now and I generally fluctuate within 6 pounds depending on a lot of different factors. That's where measurements and weight trend apps come in handy for me.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Some mistake people make are logging 0 calorie foods. For example, you can't eat a jar of pickles and mark it 0 calories as the label suggests. The FDA allowed low calorie/ serving size to be marked as 0on the label - its dumb. It's a cucumber - cucumbers have calories. I even log gum, spices, coffee, etc
  • denato1
    denato1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will try and weigh myself tonight or tomorrow. Could not bring myself to the scale this morning. Think I let it get in my head. Hopefully this round of self doubt passes quick. Not ready for the next few days.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mfp says I should eat 1980 cal. I don't even want to ran 1000 at this point. Everyone has been so helpful but I cannot seem to break this #. I just clothes off weighed my self and still nothing. I have tried extra water, I'll cut salt back again tomorrow(back to turkey) and try cutting to 2 eggs so that I am eating less. I am truly stumped. I honestly feel sick over this today.

Try eating at 1600 for a while (adding back half of your exercise calories), but I wouldn't go lower. Keep an eye on your macros as well. Adjust which are tracked with MFP, I track Calories, Carbs, Fiber, Protein, Fat, and Sodium (unless you are diabetic swap your sugar tracking to fiber on your diary). Watch your fiber, use supplements if you need to, but you can also eat higher fiber vegetables and fruits to help. Keep the water intake up as well. Those two things, fiber and water, can help things move through the body at a decent pace (makes you regular) which can help in the long run if your metabolism is fighting you. Sodium is really tough to keep at 2300mg a day, but if you can, do it. I try to stay below 5k but at the level of calories I eat now it's even tough at that amount. Try this as well... stay away from the scale for a couple of weeks. Be consistent with your exercise and your calories/macros and see what happens maybe by Jan 2nd. Unless of course you over indulge during the holidays (nobody would blame you, I will be) then wait an additional week to get on the scale after you've flushed with plenty of water and stayed at your calories and macros. The weight has to start dropping. If it doesn't, take your log to your doctor and discuss with them your issue with dropping weight. There may be something wrong.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I will try and weigh myself tonight or tomorrow. Could not bring myself to the scale this morning. Think I let it get in my head. Hopefully this round of self doubt passes quick. Not ready for the next few days.

Stay consistent with your weighing times. AM after bathroom, before eating or dressing tends to be most common. When you weigh in the evenings you have the days food and the more recent water intake still inside, so it will be higher in the evenings.