Salad for Christmas dinner

Options
Anyone keeping it healthy and having grilled chicken or a salad for Christmas dinner? Why or why not?

Replies

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with having salad, in fact I love salad, but I will just be eating normal portion sizes of whatever.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    No. We'll have a veggie tray and brussels sprouts because they are tasty but not out of a specific desire to be healthy.
  • jkd2426
    jkd2426 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    yes salad, green beans, grilled chicken, baked potatoe, and NO DESSERT!
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Nah. Why not eat fun things on holidays? As long as it's occasional, I eat what I want on special days.

But I am alone this year which means I eat what I choose, not "traditional" family favorites! Mjadrah, tatziki and fresh baked pita and some baklava, yum. Oh and some quinoa/cranberry/bean super salad, I guess that counts as salad.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I am eating healthy for Christmas dinner - ham, acorn squash, green beans, Brussels sprouts with bacon... I will skip the mashed potatoes and dinner roll to make room for pie, which I suppose is "unhealthy".

Why do you imagine grilled chicken and salad to be the only "healthy" foods in existence? I'd wager most people will be having a number of healthy foods on Christmas Day, with a few treats mixed in for fun and festivity.
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly a salad lover on any other day of year, but to (what I assume is) your point - I'm staying on my diet throughout. It's just another day. Oddly, Christmas Day marks day 100 of my diet... I haven't been interested in cheat days in any of those 100 days, and Christmas is no different for me.

There's only two of us in the house, and it halves the cooking responsibility and cost of holiday food. Everyone wins.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Surely you jest :wink:

There might be one salad on the table this year, and it'll be a calorific ceaser salad.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Heck no, techno! I love salad, but Christmas only comes once a year!
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I will have a big ol' salad to kick things off. I'll eat other stuff, which I've planned for, but the salad will be a big part of my meal :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My Christmas dinner didn't go exactly as planned. Because of too much date and pecan pie for second lunch, dinner had to be one piece of pork rib, an apple and a few sugar snap peas. Hell, I'll make up for it tomorrow.