Salad for Christmas dinner

Options

Replies

• lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I ate salad with my pasta and bread...and brownie with ice cream. does that count?
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Our traditional pre-church snack of sausage, cheese, crackers, garlic toast, curried shrimp, and.....salad (with once a year home-made blue cheese dressing.)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Nope. Roast beef, Mac & cheese, roasted carrots, homemade rolls, a glass of wine. Then cake. And some red & green M&Ms. I will not make a pig of myself, but I can have a salad on Tuesday :)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Lean steak, veggie rice, and salad is our menu tomorrow....oh and a huge brunch earlier in the day and stocking candy. I will go easy on the candy and brunch but I'm eating every bite of that steak.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I had a salad tonight.

Along with ham, prime rib, scalloped potatoes and dessert. Tomorrow is turkey with all the fixin's.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    What?! No. My family, if I tried to pull that:
    hagg9v0t99m9.gif

This, I would be perfectly happy with a healthy Christmas dinner but I would be the only one. I normally cook very healthy meals and my wife has been a good sport so I let her and the kids choose what they wanted for dinner and I just ate reasonably and avoided the deserts.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger question is who will have the guts to weigh themselves the day after Christmas? Not me, thats for sure :weary:

Hihi. Our traditional dinner is on Christmas eve (good food, cookies, wine, cookies, absolutely brilliant sauces, cookies...)

Weighed myself for *kitten* and giggles: I'm 2kg heavier this morning... but it was GLORIOUS!!!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I avoid salad at the best of times. So I can't imagine eating it on Xmas day.

But if you enjoy salads why not. just don't eat it out of some type of guilt
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Depends - usually there is some kind of salad on the christmas dinner table and I will have some then but it will notbe the only thing and it will be part of the vegetables
    Plus I'll have my salad for lunch, because I love the stuff.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,170 Member
    Options
    Turkey and veg here. :)

No salad. I don't eat much in the way of salad. Salad is OK, but I generally prefer individual raw veggies, not all mixed together. And I don't like salad dressing ... never have. So salad wasn't part of my Christmas dinner.

Pavlova, on the other hand, was!! :mrgreen:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I had salad as one of the dishes alright... a salad that cost me 618 calories...
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm having salad, but instead of lettuce leaves, I'm having slices of turkey, instead of raw carrots, I'm having pigs in blankets, and instead of tomatoes I'm having stuffing balls...

I will weigh myself in the New Year. If the scales will take it.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    No, I don't want to end up in the er
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If I had Christmas alone, maybe, but I'm not.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The answer to this question is a BIG NO! My family would make me eat outside with the dogs...

btw salad to me can be just as caloric as anything else I make.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I was stuffing my face with cookies at 6am this morning. Gonna have some huge pancakes for breakfast. More cookies. Then some lasagna, ham, and shredded beef sandwiches for dinner. Then more cookies. No way to a salad today or any day really.