So.... how much did you consume on Christmas day

Options

Replies

• haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been pigging out for a week. I'm so freaking uncomfortable right now, I can't even. But it was really, really good. No big deal. The scale will be up tomorrow, but I know what to do. Get back to strict logging and moving my butt like crazy. I lost 35 pounds in the past year, and can definitely get back on track quick.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I ate within my TDEE + banked calories from the days before.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Who knows? My normal goal is 1700. I guesstimated I ate around 3000 calories, but with all the home made dishes that are made to TASTE GOOD, who really knows?!

Believe me, I cooked for 7 people, I actually started out thinking I was gonna get a calorie count on each dish, and had a pen and pad on the counter when I started. What a joke.

I don't feel bad about it at all. Two days of enjoying. Back at my normal routine tomorrow. Monday.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Didn't count. The usual, plus a bit of dark chocolate. Probably a bit starchier than a regular day, but nothing over the top.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Only about 1850 calories right now (almost 20% from wine :smile: ), which gives me enough room to squeeze in a bagel and neufchatel and still be a hair under maintenance, even before adding the calories from my walk. This is a pretty low day for me for a big holiday (normally more around 3000 total), but it was a much smaller crowd, and we didn't do appetizers, and had fewer dishes.

The only time I don't log is when I don't have Internet access or on all-family all-the-time day (like an out-of-town wedding or funeral, where just about every waking moment is spent with people I don't see all the time -- I'm not going to ignore people or take time away from them to spend it with an electronic device). Of course, today involved more estimating than usual, but I'm pretty confident in my estimates.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Almost 3000 and I'm way uncomfortable. Way too many carbs and way too much sodium in the honey baked ham. :# I NEED to stay off the scale for a few days but I won't. Blah. Missed almost two weeks of workouts. Back to the grind tomorrow. Worst two weeks for me workout wise since Jan. 1st. :/
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas.. err. Happy Winter Veil from Azeroth.

81bp7rqemr6s.jpg

Calorie Count: 1,770
    Daily Deficit: 515 calories
    Weekly Average: 1,983
    Weekly Deficit: 403 calories

I haven't weighed myself at all in a week, but my size 8 jeans are moving from "perfect" to "slightly loose" so I suspect that the scale is moving in the correct direction.
  • duvs33
    duvs33 Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I logged today and have been since I started 17 days ago. Down 6.2 lbs. Can't stop now. Trying hard to stay on track. I even measured my alcohol. I actually like doing that because it saves money and keeps alcohol in the home for the weak nights. Lol!! Anyway Merry Christmas everyone!!
  • jamieparadis20
    jamieparadis20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Didn't log, but I didn't eat lunch because I wasn't hungry and breakfast was mostly fruit. I'm vegan with a non vegan family so my dinner options were pretty limited, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, beans, and rice, but this meant that I had a pretty healthy dinner and could eat a lot without feeling guilty. But either way, who cares, it's Christmas!
  • emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I ate so much, it was unfathomable. I mean, so much that I can hardly remember.
    Breakfast: this biscuit sausage cheese casserole, some fruit, and 2 fat free muffins plus some ice coffee with chocolate milk and many Reese's
    Lunch: cheese, crackers, chips, dip all that relish trey goodness
    Dinner: turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean/ broccoli rice cassarole and then pie and sugar cookie.
    I probably ate like 10 million calories but it's Christmas and I'm working on cleaning up my eating habits 2017, and it's the holidays so...
  • Darton2010
    Darton2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    If I logged what I ate today, the site would crash... I'll be avoiding the scale for a few days.

Bahahahaha that's funny right there.

I'm under 1000 today, prob around 900. I planned to eat more but got aggravated with my weight and didn't, I spent the last 6 months treating everyday like it was thanksgiving.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I did ok breakfast, larger lunch than usual (I made myself 3 deviled eggs and a strawb/banana/almond milk shake with like half a cup of chocolate powder in mmmm). Main meal was mostly veg and a bit of ham so I bet I hit around 1500 at that point, but the overs were a beer and a couple ounces bourbon, and 4 Kings Hawaiian rolls with butter, so another million or so. lol prob 2500-2700? Not gonna make much difference I don't think. I went a little over on Thanksgiving and mainlined chips and dip at a party last week but apart from that I've been under my cals for about two months now. The bread and butter was worth it.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    2500ish. We have Christmas dinner at lunchtime, so I'm rarely hungry enough to have much of anything for dinner.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    4154. :)

• davidebarton
    davidebarton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trying not to underestimate but at least 4500. Homemade full cream trifle and Lindt chocolate made a major contribution! Back to watching and counting what I eat today and getting out for a run now. Nice lean turkey leftovers ready for later. Had more chocolate yesterday than in the last three months!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    ~3853 which resulted in me being ~1540 above target!
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I stayed home and snacked freely all day, beef jerky, nuts, and chips. 2345 calories, 96 g protein, 209 g carbs, 4227 glorious grams of sodium. Had a good time, watched my Spurs win and Golden State lose.
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Not calories. It's the number of times this question has been asked today.

Then don't read the thread or answer! No one is forcing you too. Merry Christmas to you too Scrooge

• thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I don't want to talk about it. :s This week has been my first and only out of control pig fest since I started last January 5th. Back on track tomorrow though, IF we can make it the 230 miles back home to the safety of my scales and routine. It's a blizzard right now and the roads are sh**.

Safe journey home