Options
    [quote

Name: Shelley
    Total weight lost: 147 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 999 days
    How long in maintenance: 21 days
    Maintenance range: 149-154 [/quote]

1/2/17 150.6 #

Sleep is my struggle this last week. When I wake several times per night it seems to jump-start my appetite the next day for carbs. Really! And, when I don't sleep well I end up waking late. So, here I go to the pool and hour later than normal.

• sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Name: Julie
    Total Weight lost: Which time, 212- 150 ... then gained 50lbs (pregnancy) now 204 - 141
    Time it took to lose: started fall 2012, so at just over 4 years now
    How long in maintenance: kinda doing a recomp / maintenance concept, just finished a bulk
    Maintenance weight range: 130-135

Week of...
    2nd January: 141
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: so far doing good at reining in my holiday eating.
  • BlessedBeyondMsr
    BlessedBeyondMsr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Monica: "Remembering that absolutely nothing is off limits but there is a limit (i.e. Calorie goal) as to how much of it I eat - that keeps me on my game"

ITA! That's my philosophy as well and that's why I love MFP!
  • BlessedBeyondMsr
    Options
    Can someone tell me how you copy previous comments where they show up in the gray box as "such and such wrote;"
    I am not used to the group forums on here. Ty!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Here for this now that my failed CKD re-cuts are done!

SW: 213
    CW: 129
    GR: 128-130
    Total Weight lost (at lowest): 90lbs
    Time it took: 7 months + 3 week mini cut following failed CKD experiment and emergency surgery
    Time in Maintenance: 9 weeks (would've been 3 months if not for my fails lol)

January 2: 132.8

Honestly pretty unhappy with that given I ate at an intentional cut for two weeks while we were all the my inlaws' house and passed on every treat there. Going through my logs and trying to figure out where I effed up
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Honestly pretty unhappy with that given I ate at an intentional cut for two weeks while we were all the my inlaws' house and passed on every treat there. Going through my logs and trying to figure out where I effed up

Candidly, I think it is extremely difficult to be accurate when you are not making most of your meals yourself, e.g. when you're a house guest or eating out a lot. Don't be too hard on yourself.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @BlessedBeyondMsr
    Can someone tell me how you copy previous comments where they show up in the gray box as "such and such wrote;"
    See the "Quote at the bottom of someone's post? Just click on that and it should show up in the reply box.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thread!

name- Stephanie
    time in maint- roughly 30 years, give or take, excluding pregnancy
    GR: 115-120

My goal was to thoroughly enjoy the heck out of the holidays while maintaining. Looks like I achieved at least one goal! I think I put on a pound or two. I haven't been weighing daily so it might take a couple days to see through the water fluctuations and get an average CW.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    SW:195
    CW:128
    GW: was 135
    Total Weight lost: 67 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 10 months to original goal + lost for about 5 months after reaching that goal.
    How long in maintenance: 5 months ?
    Maintenance weight range: 126 - 130

Week of...
    2nd January: 128.4
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/Struggle for the week: I have been keeping up with my exercise this week so that is my success. And I am approximately the same weight I was last week. I have struggled to find my maintenance calories and have been trying to stop losing so I feel like maybe I am where I need to be. My struggle this week has been a candle that my son gave me for Christmas. It smells like hot cocoa. I can usually fit in a hot chocolate every day, but this candle really makes me crave sweets. Next time I think I'll ask him to get me a different scent, one that doesn't smell like baked goods.
  • BlessedBeyondMsr
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    @BlessedBeyondMsr
    See the "Quote at the bottom of someone's post? Just click on that and it should show up in the reply box.

Awesome, thank you!

I weigh in on Friday's so I will update then.

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Friday will be my update day, too.
  • Rinkey78
    Rinkey78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Name: Devoney
    SW: 152
    CW:124.4
    GW:125
    Total weight loss: 30 lbs!!!
    Time it took to lose: About 10 months
    How lng in maintence: 2 years!! And it is still difficult to this day. Some days are realy hard.
    Maintenance range: 122-125

Week of...
    2nd January: 124.4
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Current sruggle is I jus started on an anxiety medication and it's giving me some weird cravings! I want carbs and sweets all the time. It literally is mind over everything else.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »
    I'm in! Friday will be my update day, too.

Mine too. :)
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Name: Nikki
    Total weight lost: 30 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 2 years (maintenance was hard for me, kept bouncing up)
    How long in maintenance: 4 months
    Maintenance range: 140 - 145

Week of...
    2nd January: 143.6
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

2015-2016 was rough. Broke the same foot twice, round of breast cancer, parent health issues, lost my dad. Back to exercising and feeling better.

Being accountable for staying in my maintenance range is exactly what I need. Thanks for this!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    nikkit321 wrote: »

Week of...
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

2015-2016 was rough. Broke the same foot twice, round of breast cancer, parent health issues, lost my dad. Back to exercising and feeling better.

Being accountable for staying in my maintenance range is exactly what I need. Thanks for this!

Wow, you have had a rough few months! Hoping 2017 is much better for you!
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Name: Nia
    Total Weight lost:13 kg
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 57 to 60 kg

Week of...
    2nd January: 61 kg.
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Little bit outside my comfort zone, but will deal with the 1kg this month. I was on 2 weeks WDW vacation + Christmas after. I would like to see myself in the lower range of my happy weight this spring

Awesome idea to set up this forum, thanks to the OP
  • BlessedBeyondMsr
    Options
    Anybody tried body recomposition? I am thinking of trying that once I re-lose these couple of pounds I put on over the past 6 months. If you've tried it, have you had any success with it? It sounds like exactly what I need to lose some remaining body fat even though I am at my goal weight.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @BlessedBeyondMsr I haven't tried body recomp, but while losing did all kinds of exercises - walking, running, elliptical & rowing machines, cardio videos and strength videos (with and without dumbbells). I live a million miles from a gym so do all my stuff at home. I still mix all of this up and am keeping the weight off and actually have some muscles.
    BTW, I am a 58 year old female.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    nikkit321 wrote: »

Week of...
    9th January:
    16th January:
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Sounds like a really hard year. Hope things are so much better this year.