what do you hate to hear.

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Oh <bcattoes> eats healthy, I'm sure she doesn't want any cake.

OMG I forgot about this. RAGE.
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    unfortunately I come from a family that is obese. I started my weight loss journey at 18. originally I lost 60lbs. they would always tell me that I was to skinny and needed to gain weight, they would always try to get me to eat fatty foods. then when I went from 118 to 145 they told me that I was looking good and stuff. even though I was overweight based on BMI. Now that ive been on my diet and have lost 8lbs they tell me im crazy and need to stop. I hate that the people that are supposed to encourage me and support never do!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Last call for alcohol. Worst words ever.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I hope this didn't post twice, I just lost my previous response.

I got a little butthurt when I went out with some girls I know from work and one of them made a big production about how she was so *INSPIRED* by me...because I've already lost a lot and I have so much more to lose (left) than she does. WTF man, can't you just say "hey, atta girl. I'm inspired to follow your example" and call it a day? No, she had to throw in there the Judgy Mc*****face "because you have SOOOOOO much more to lose than I do."

2nd place goes to my colleague who asked if I had surgery and then shared his opinions on that. I didn't have surgery but felt like I had to defend people who do/did. He also opined that my knee problems were from "carrying all that weight around for all those years" in the most condescending tone possible. Funny, is the arthritis in my shoulders or hands also from carrying that weight around for all those years, JURIS Doctor?
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Last call for alcohol. Worst words ever.

Pair that with "Hey! Don't touch my boobs!" and it just became the worst night ever.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    "We need to talk...."

That never ends well!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Too many to type out lol but a few:

-If you lose any more weight you'll be anorexic.(no you can't be anorexic if you eat between 1700 and 2200 calories/day)
    -Now I'M going to be the fat one. (oh nooooooes!)
    -Where'd you hide the body? (meaning that I lost a body and dumped it somewhere)
    -You need to stop. (um, stop what?)
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Not weight related, but I hate hearing anything that starts out with
    "You know what you should do? You should...."

Especially when it comes from someone more stupid than I am :bigsmile: , or someone I don't respect them or their opinions at all.

A family member who is a total train wreck in her personal life will commonly interject her opinion and office advice to everyone else in the family about what THEY should do, meanwhile living in her hoarding conditions and constantly spewing excuses about why 'that won't work for me" or "I can't do that because..", and never EVER having enough money to get by without crying for help.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Not weight related, but I hate hearing anything that starts out with
    "You know what you should do? You should...."

I totally agree. When people start a sentence that way with me it never ever ends well. I have a list of options when I hear those words.

a. completely ignore the advice, but be po'd cuz it was given unsolicited.

b. get into a shouting match, that is my usual go to with my SO.

c. start a rapid response back on what they should do or shouldn't do

d. silent treatment as I plot their terrible fate
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    To "relax". I twinge when I hear someone say that to me. Even thinking about someone saying that to me now is raising my blood pressure.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    "We need to talk...."

That never ends well!

Yes. that's no good.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Look at Wolf..he's trying to live forever.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I hate being called skinny
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ''You go to the gym you can eat whatever you want....'' Errrr no, there are people i've seen in the gym regularly for the last 10+ years that are still fat!!

That's SO me! People think that all fat people are lazy and don't like to get off their fat a$$e$ BUT there are those of us who love to work out BUT also love our fatty foods. All that really happened was I didn't gain weight but I certainly didn't lose it.

What I hate is that I feel like people know when I'm dieting because it's only when I'm eating better that people lecture me on how I need to start eating healthier and work out because they're "worried about me". Yet when I'm not eating better, no one says anything to me.

I also hate when people say, "You look like you've lost some weight." When I clearly haven't and since I've lost 27 lbs no one's noticed.
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    No.

I hate hearing no.

I always tell you "yes."

That's why I like ya bench....... But don't forget the safety word next time

Safety words are for pansies.

And THAT'S why I like you, Tim.

Just give me a leather strap to bite down on.

Everyone quoted here needs to be my friend. Like right now!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I love all these comments!

I'm a 5'3" female, started in April 2013 at about 180, am down to 149, and am aiming for about 130. Nobody said anything to me for a while, but now that I've lost about 30 pounds, I'm suddenly getting a lot of compliments from the neighbors and people at work who don't see me all the time.

When I mention I need to lose another 20 pounds, I ALWAYS get a head shake and "No, you don't want to lose any more."

I also get warnings not to lose the weight too quickly (I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week, usually 1 pound, which is hardly fast).
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    "You're skinny, you don't have to worry about that. You can eat whatever you want."

No, I'm skinny because I do worry about it and I work hard at it everyday.
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oh, and from a lot of my family (not my immediate family, my mom and sis eat pretty healthy too) "Don't you ever eat normal food?"

Yes, I do eat normal food. I don't eat a ton of processed food and that wash it down with a gallon of soda. This is normal to me.
    Btw, the majority of my family on my mom's side is overweight and have a lot of weight related health problems.

And from my mother in law, "Omg your actually eating a piece of cake?"

Yes, once in awhile I do allow myself to have a treat.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    "No more than three items in the dressing room, please"...ain't nobody got time for that!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    "But you don't need to lose weight."