• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    brewer054 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    johnmfp68 wrote: »
    So this morning I was packing gym bag for a workout later (if I feel well enough, I've been sick for the past two days,) and my husband made the comment of "...So what? You've only been going for a week. Talk to me when you've been going for 365 days."

What?! Okay, I'm sorry.
    How hurtful.
    I'm trying to change myself, and be happy with myself.

Time for a new hubby

yeah, reading between the lines, the clock might be ticking on this one.

I hope not; I wish her well.

I hope not. However nobody knows the future. :/

I know the future...I have ESPN... :s

edit...don't mind me please, I've been drinking champagne and it makes me silly.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    johnmfp68 wrote: »
    So this morning I was packing gym bag for a workout later (if I feel well enough, I've been sick for the past two days,) and my husband made the comment of "...So what? You've only been going for a week. Talk to me when you've been going for 365 days."

What?! Okay, I'm sorry.
    How hurtful.

Time for a new hubby

yeah, reading between the lines, the clock might be ticking on this one.

I hope not; I wish her well.

I hope not. However nobody knows the future. :/

I know the future...I have ESPN... :s

edit...don't mind me please, I've been drinking champagne and it makes me silly.

:lol:@J_Surita3 yes please. Continue posting!
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options

What?! Okay, I'm sorry.
    How hurtful.

People say many discouraging things when you try to do better :/ I'm learning.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I agree that communication is key, OP. I hope y'all were able to have an open and honest dialogue about what he said and why it hurt your feelings.

That aside, I hope in the moment you had a saucy comeback. Something along the lines of, "Do you like being happily married to me? Because that can change."
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    I agree that communication is key, OP. I hope y'all were able to have an open and honest dialogue about what he said and why it hurt your feelings.

That aside, I hope in the moment you had a saucy comeback. Something along the lines of, "Do you like being happily married to me? Because that can change."

That's one way to put the fear of her losing weight in his heart and his insecurities to bubble right up and cause her grief and all manner of sabotage. Because that's what she's looking for, right?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    OP, some great advice here (for once, webmd actually is helpful, lol)

http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/features/are-they-jealous-of-your-new-body
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options

What?! Okay, I'm sorry.
    How hurtful.

Sorry to hear it. My wife appears supportive sometimes, on certain days when it seems convenient to her. It sucks. She will make crappy comments. I call her out on it occasionally and she acts like I'm stupid for thinking that way.

Move on. Evaluate the rest of your relationship to make sure it isn't just about going to then gym. Try to talk to him. Evaluate again after.

Over all - f@ck him. Do it for yourself.
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sleep on the couch for 365 days lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    ...Dunk his toothbrush in the toilet, just one time. ;)

Not if you kiss that mouth. Might as well dunk your own toothbrush, too. :p
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    EricNewark wrote: »

What?! Okay, I'm sorry.
    How hurtful.

Sorry to hear it. My wife appears supportive sometimes, on certain days when it seems convenient to her. It sucks. She will make crappy comments. I call her out on it occasionally and she acts like I'm stupid for thinking that way.

Move on. Evaluate the rest of your relationship to make sure it isn't just about going to then gym. Try to talk to him. Evaluate again after.

Over all - f@ck him. Do it for yourself.

But what if she doesn't feel like it after what he did to her? Then only he gets enjoyment.
  • TrailRunn3r82
    TrailRunn3r82 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread makes me want to find that special someone and get married

giphy.gif