Replies

• Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    every two weeks.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Every day - but I know it's goes all over the place sometimes and don't sweat it. Sometimes I can mysteriously gain two and a half pounds overnight. It's just part of the game. As long as I can bring up a monthly graph and show a downward trend, I'm happy. I got an Aria scale that automatically logs it in to my fitbit account which then logs it into MFP . I figure that helps create accountability for me. There's no more, "Well, I somehow went up two pounds, I just won't log weight today."

how is that scale holding up? I went through a few before I found the one I have now, but have been looking for a more connected device.

I've got the Aria as well, and I love it. I've had it since February (and i'm still on the original batteries). It's good for me because I'm not a morning person and often forget what the hell the scale said by the time I get around to entering the weight. Having it automatically upload the data is great.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Ideally my goal is to weigh myself three consecutive days at the end of the month and then average those out. (martin berkhan suggestion)

That said...usually once or twice a week because I am too curious.
  • Heidi_11913
    Options
    Daily & Daily...... :bigsmile:
  • mdermott
    mdermott Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly. It's hard enough to loose weight, and once a week is enough. I get discouraged easily, and if I weighed myself every day, I would not continue. That's what I would recommend to everyone.
  • AZKat527
    AZKat527 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, unlike all the above, I only weigh myself once a month, and log every time. I, as opposed to most, do NOT like to see the ups and downs and feel that I become obsessed with the numbers if I weigh in too frequently. This allows me to keep tabs on what's happening without making it all about the figure on the scales. I also take monthly measurements.

I find that I can generally tell how my body fluctuated throughout the month by the way it looks and the fit of my clothes :-)

I also only weigh monthly, for the same reasons. The flucuation drives me crazy and can really mess with my progress. I also take measurements and a photos for comparision.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I weight when I get the courage up...usually once a week but really try to not do that. I try to go no longer than 2 weeks.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am trying to be more regular on the photos and measurements. The measurements I figure I can do once every 2 weeks to a month. Concidering my clothes yesterday were super loose, I cant wait to measure again!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wait what?
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This is preposterous. Less data points do not smooth out variance/jitter! The opposite is the case; with no comparison, a small number of data points can paint an incredibly inaccurate picture.
  • welshboy22
    welshboy22 Posts: 20
    Options
    I weight myself every couple of days and log my weight on a Monday morning before I do anything. Was in habit of weighing everyday but was becoming disheartened if no change from one day to another. :smile:
  • idahomommy
    idahomommy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1. I weigh myself about 7 times a day, at least.

2. I log it into MFP once a day unless later in the day I decide that was too low, then I'll up it.

I have an off the charts unhealthy relationship with the scale.
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, right after I pee, while naked before getting in the shower. I'm sure that must save at least 4 ounces!! Also, my scale is in my bathroom in front of my mirror, so I also hold my stomach in and stand on my tiptoes while on the scale. I think I may be a little OCD! :tongue:

Usually, I also log my weight every day. I don't go crazy over a little fluctuation from day-to-day, but like to see the trend gradually going down.
  • winterchildel
    winterchildel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Every morning, it's my start-of-the-day ritual. I admit I tend to drink a lot of water during the day, and not much in the evening/night, so water weight can be tricky for me, but I like looking at the graph and knowing I am going in the right direction, even when it is a (very) slow process :-)
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and the scale automatically logs the weight to MFP. I also have it connected to trendweight.com and get this nifty chart along with bf%, fat l and lean weight charts.

6m.png
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    everyday, in the morning, just out curiosity. But only log the progress every week and a half or so. that gives me an idea of real weight loss over all,.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    1-3 times a month because I don't care about weight.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    once a week- Monday morning
  • raj6pack
    raj6pack Posts: 8
    Options
    Once a week. Saturday afternoon
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I will preface this with the fact that I have serious scale issues and used to have disordered eating problems and obsess over how much I weigh.

But, I'm getting past that. I still weigh every morning after I wake up before I do anything else. I used a secondary app on my phone to track and see the fluctuations (I'm trying to learn why I fluctuate and not get upset about it). But, I only log on MFP every Friday. I log whatever Friday said regardless of my other weighs.

It's a learning process I am going through as I am trying to be healthy and not skinny. I know I have a very long and hard road though.