How often do you weight yourself??

Options

Replies

• Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I pee, every time I lose a pound.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I only weight myself when scuba diving. It's hard to sink with all that neoprene on otherwise.

I weigh myself every morning. More data = more accurate trendlines. Some people can't handle seeing the number bounce up and down though.

That's the only time I weight myself, too!

And I weigh myself every 3 or 4 day and log it when it's down.
  • saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    here iswhere I will get a lot of flak.

I weigh myself every weekday morning. Always right after the shower and evacuation and befor eating. Generally 20 minutes after waking up.

Now the downside to this method is that I see the ups and downs, buuuut, I am getting really good at understanding why I gained or lost. So on a day when I am up and I think back and go ok, I went over calories and only had 3 glasses of water oh and there was that coke in there. Or I went down and think, damn, i did a bunch right! So as long as I know why I gain if I do, it helps me to see what the smaller changes I can make daily to help lose or maintain.

THIS! I do the same for the same reasons. Just find out what works for you and stick with it. I only log my weight on MFP once a week though.
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Every morning AFTER I poop. I then use Excel to calculate the average per week to normalize the fluctuations.... Tedious, but it helps keep my in line with my goals.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, on Mondays, first thing in the morning (post-pee, pre-shower). However, if the number on that scale is not indicative of how I've been eating (It says I gained three pounds since last weigh in and I know I've been eating right), I will weigh in daily until the number at least comes down to where it was the previous week. I am generally documenting in MFP once a week. I am at goal weight so I am documenting every week even if the scale is up. It's just for me. I actually have it set up so it doesn't put my losses on my feed anymore (so nobody sees them) because I'm just gaining and losing the same two or three pounds. My goal is to stay within a range, not a set number.

Like another previous poster, I have also dealt with issues of disordered eating and so the scale became my enemy and best friend all at the same time. I'd weigh in every single day and that became unhealthy for me for a while. The once a week think really is best for me. And when the scale is up and I know I'm doing the right things, I TRY not to freak out over it. I don't always succeed in this venture...
  • nina8611
    nina8611 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree....I only weigh myself every 2 weeks...I have learned my lesson from past weight loss failures!
  • robinkirk92163
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day in the morning
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    when doing dips on heavy days.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I dont own a scale now. It broke around 5-6 months ago
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and the scale automatically logs the weight to MFP. I also have it connected to trendweight.com and get this nifty chart along with bf%, fat l and lean weight charts.

6m.png

Interesting, I may need to connect with trendweight. I tend to weigh myself at least twice a day if not more. I like data points when it pertains to certain things.
  • MichaelCPowell
    Options
    My solution is to invest in one of the Wifi connected scales (I use a Withing bought from an Apple store but there are others). Those scales automatically log every weigh in to myfitnesspal. That way I can weigh myself every day without being depressed about an "up" day since I can see the over all trend.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Generally every Friday morning; exceptions to this are TOM, if I have been out the night before drinking, if I know I have had a lot of sodium; I want to see what the impact of these are - sometimes they have one other times they don't :-?.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and the scale automatically logs the weight to MFP. I also have it connected to trendweight.com and get this nifty chart along with bf%, fat l and lean weight charts.

6m.png

Interesting, I may need to connect with trendweight. I tend to weigh myself at least twice a day if not more. I like data points when it pertains to certain things.

Trend weight is great but you should weigh under the same conditions every day (just after waking and using the bathroom, nude or in underwear). Multiple times per day just introduces noise.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    whenever I remember probably about every 2 weeks +/- a week
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    s'been about a month.... lol
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I weight myself three days a week. Deadlifts on Monday, squats on Wednesday, bench on Friday.

Epic
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering what everyone's habits are as far as #1 - How often do you weigh yourself? & #2 - How often do you log your weight onto MFP?
    Well, definitely only after I have done a "#1" and/or a "#2"! I weigh myself several times a day but only because I'm NOT manic about it and because I'm intrigued at how I can lose 1-2 lbs between the 1st and 2nd weigh-ins of the day even though I haven't "voided" between them.
    I track a single reading every day in my "Libra" app for Android, the lowest one before I eat/drink. However, I only capture it in MFP if either:
    a) It's a new low! OR...
    b) It's a gain that I haven't lost within a month.
    My current MFP weight is 240.6# on June 29th, but I've been hovering 1-5# above ever since. If I don't meet/beat it by July 29th, then I will record the gain by entering whatever as am at the time.
    #TEHO #YMMV
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I weight myself three days a week. Deadlifts on Monday, squats on Wednesday, bench on Friday.

:love:
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

6m.png

Trend weight is great but you should weigh under the same conditions every day (just after waking and using the bathroom, nude or in underwear). Multiple times per day just introduces noise.

I do weigh under the same conditions everyday, wake, pee, strip, weigh same routine everyday. Trendweight will only allow one data point/day, so if I weigh 2 x/day it will only use the first one.