• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    This is probably wrong, but I would have been more embarrassed by the wife (accidentally) chewing out a blind person.

She didn't "chew out " a blind person.

Please reread the original post while giving close attention to the wording of : Politely & Very Politely

Thank you.

My chewing out is usually quite polite. I'd personally have been embarassed to have chastised a blind person and would have preferred to have skipped straight ahead to changing seats.

"Dear Old Man & Companion/Aide, could you please not inconvenience me with your blindness? Thank you."

Thier blindness was not an inconvience.

Their behavior was distracting to others.

Separate issues.

Evidently, we differ on the definition of: chew out.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they selected a seat way at the back so they would have the best chance of being away from other patrons - ones who presumably could relocate easily.

I think they just arrived too late and walked into a darkened theater. The lady commented that the movie had already started; it hadn't, it was just a trailer before the feature.

Had they been there 5 minutes earlier, they would have seen two h/c designated seats in the rear of the theater and could have sat there without becoming a distraction to anyone. I don't blame them for sitting where they did. It made the most sense for them at the time.

In addition to being blind, he had a difficult time walking too. ( by the grace of God go I.)

I felt bad for the blind gentleman. Heck, was really old too. He might not have lived long enough to see the film released onto DVD.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    This is probably wrong, but I would have been more embarrassed by the wife (accidentally) chewing out a blind person.

Please reread the original post while giving close attention to the wording of : Politely & Very Politely

Thank you.

My chewing out is usually quite polite. I'd personally have been embarassed to have chastised a blind person and would have preferred to have skipped straight ahead to changing seats.

"Dear Old Man & Companion/Aide, could you please not inconvenience me with your blindness? Thank you."

Separate issues.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that they selected a seat way at the back so they would have the best chance of being away from other patrons - ones who presumably could relocate easily.

I think they just arrived too late and walked into a darkened theater. The lady commented that the movie had already started; it hadn't, it was just a trailer before the feature.

Had they been there 5 minutes earlier, they would have seen two h/c designated seats in the rear of the theater and could have sat there without becoming a distraction to anyone. I don't blame them for sitting where they did. It made the most sense for them at the time.

In addition to being blind, he had a difficult time walking too. ( by the grace of God go I.)

I felt bad for the blind gentleman. Heck, was really old too. He might not have lived long enough to see the film released onto DVD.

Yikes.

The handicapped seats though - I suppose they could be dual purpose, but I always thought about them as providing easier access for the handicapped, not necessarily, you know, keeping their potential annoyances away from everyone else.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thank you.

Separate issues.

Yikes.

The handicapped seats though - I suppose they could be dual purpose, but I always thought about them as providing easier access for the handicapped, not necessarily, you know, keeping their potential annoyances away from everyone else.

yeah, this guy would have qualified for those seats.

frankly, the way he was struggling to walk ( I saw him in the lobby after the showing) he could easily have been in a wheelchair.

Give the guy credit for getting up and out of his house.