Why such hate for running or cardio?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    yea! just like that even she is on the smaller side..Most sprinters are even bigger
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical (to do intervals) because I have flat feet, weak ankles and collapsed arches. Running isn't for me. I walk everywhere I can. I'm really fit, and I lift too? I didn't realise I was annoying, haha.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would think it a waste of time worrying about what other people think.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    People bash lifters as well, it's just that we don't cry about it.

Davpul, that is just so not true!
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    lifters and cardios....ehhh...do your thing. Its the weird exercise people that get me the most. Those guys that grab a 25lb plate, an exercise ball and do squats standing on the ball as its rolling on the treadmill. how do you even come up with that crap?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I hate running (now) because it hurts my knees. I do cardio that I enjoy like mma, kbs, circuit training etc that doesn't have adverse affects. I used to run a lot by the way.

If someone else likes to run then go for it. I think some people IRL really bellieve that all they have to do to lose fat is start running though. Talked to a heap of footy guys that were like this. I didn't think they were serious but they were.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I hate running because I have at least 3 physical limitations basically preventing me from doing it. Telling me I have to join a C25k program sounds as appealing as telling me about a diet that includes eating a fresh bowl of razor blades every morning. However, if running gets you to your happy place, and is something you enjoy enough that it's an effective tool in pursuing your fitness goals, rock on.

Right now, I alternate between the Cardioglide and walking because those are the options that are available to me for free at the moment. I don't lift heavy, because that would hit my wallet, and that's not acceptable at this time. I've yet to see anyone bash me for these exercise programs. Doubt I'd care much if they did, frankly.