Treats & how to stop at one serving - The Laziness Method

Options
Orphia
Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
I use The Laziness Method.

Just get a serving of your treat out of the cupboard, then go settle down with it and enjoy eating it.

I just don't bother going getting more.

Embrace the Lazy!

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Works for me. If I get something out and then go to the trouble of putting it all away ... I can't be bothered digging it all out again.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    But I can get fitbit steps by going back for more

Yeah, but you live light years from the cupboard. :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I like lazy :D Preportioning works better for meals than for treats :# Treats are just too easy. So I aim to fill up at meals, and make treat foods less easy by limiting the amounts that comes into my house.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Might work for some people, like how single serving packages such as the 100kcal oreo works for some.

That doesn't work well for me. If I start on a treat it is hard to stop. I'd get up and go to the cupboard. Again and again. I'd hop in the car and drive to the store if need be. Best not to start at all for me.
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yeah I tape it shut or throw it somewhere high so I have to climb to find it. It works for me because I'm too lazy to even get food if I'm hungry, never mind snacks haha.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Might work for some people, like how single serving packages such as the 100kcal oreo works for some.

That doesn't work well for me. If I start on a treat it is hard to stop. I'd get up and go to the cupboard. Again and again. I'd hop in the car and drive to the store if need be. Best not to start at all for me.

I clearly don't have a grasp on this. I don't think I've ever gone to the store to get more of something I was overeating on, exception would be wine:). Bag of chips at home, I can yeah eat the whole bag, cookies in the house yeah I could eat a lot. But starting on a bag of chips or cookies and run out, I'm not getting in the car to go get more.

Thats some strong urges:).

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I clearly don't have a grasp on this. I don't think I've ever gone to the store to get more of something I was overeating on, exception would be wine:). Bag of chips at home, I can yeah eat the whole bag, cookies in the house yeah I could eat a lot. But starting on a bag of chips or cookies and run out, I'm not getting in the car to go get more.

Thats some strong urges:).

Lol, I was going to say this exact thing. Running out of wine is the only thing that would send me back to the store.
  • _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So far, the only thing working is buying single serve things like a candy bar.

Ditto on this. I go to the theatre with a single pack of peanut M&Ms because, no matter what I tell myself and swear, I'll eat that whole giant bag.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Heh, I like this approach. Lazy usually works for me.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I wouldn't go to the store, but I do remember trying to portion out a specific food into the serving size, and then just going back to the cupboard to eat all the servings. Certainly made tracking the consumption easy. :D Now it just doesn't come into the house.