Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will fight all ciggerett cravings. When a craving hits, I will grab my water bottle and take a drink.

Have you tried vaping :-)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Just did that workout again!
    I managed a little more than last time, I was flailing all over first time as I didn't know the routine but I did better today, and did more reps, still crumbled at the last ab workout lol!
    My long term goal is to do this video from start to finish with proper form!

Anyway,
    Think I've earned a Snickers.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Changed my mind, gonna have a low fat yoghurt instead!

And that is how its done people.

And now I'm going to stop posting til morning, think I've gone delirious with all that exercise!!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Fri
    - Log
    - Cal < 500 after work
    - clear off kitchen table

Haven't been on mfp for so long and slacking off with exercise and gaining weight. Weigh more now than have in a decade so need to get back to it.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Recap F 6/9
    1) Eat food / snacks that are pre-logged except for supper. Tonight, I am eating at the race's spaghetti supper at Astor Park for carb-loading. No calorie goals for that, I want to be ready to walk 10K at 8 a.m. Sat. = Done :smile:
    2) Continue to hydrate...race will be warm tomorrow = 12 cups :smiley:
    3) Get race clothes and bib ready...over 15,000 people are registered, event will be so fun! = Ready :smile:
    4) Get farmers market bags, etc. ready....planning to go after race, need to buy herb plants & produce = Ready :smile:
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = As soon as I write my Sat. goals, off to bed :smile:

Just for Sat. 6/10 - will be a jam-packed day
    1) Walk in Bellin Run 10K in less than 1:35:42 (my most recent 10K time).
    2) After race, buy herbs at farmers market and plant. Maybe go to Schroeder's Flowers, race bib gets a special deal.
    3) Middle brother coming to town late afternoon. Plan: Brother, hubby and I will have dinner in restaurant, then go to Celtic Woman concert. My goal: don't eat huge calories just b/c I walked 10K.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Changed my mind, gonna have a low fat yoghurt instead!

And that is how its done people.

NICE!!!! HAHAHA! Love this. My giggle for the morning! :smiley:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Sat. 6/10 - will be a jam-packed day
    1) Walk in Bellin Run 10K in less than 1:35:42 (my most recent 10K time).
    2) After race, buy herbs at farmers market and plant. Maybe go to Schroeder's Flowers, race bib gets a special deal.
    3) Middle brother coming to town late afternoon. Plan: Brother, hubby and I will have dinner in restaurant, then go to Celtic Woman concert. My goal: don't eat huge calories just b/c I walked 10K.

Good luck in the Bellin Run! It's so hot and humid today, I hope you and all my other friends running or walking in this today don't get overheated! I haven't made it to the Farmer's market yet this year. Hoping in the next few weeks. I totally forgot about the Celtic Woman concert! Have fun!!! I'll bet it will be awesome!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just For Friday (6/9)
    1. Stay in the green :neutral: Stayed in green but not with healthy choices.
    2. Hydrate - try for 80 oz :)
    3. Finish up as many projects as I can today at work. Make real dents today. :smile:
    4. Music and earbuds in so I don't get distracted or irritated at work today. :neutral:
    5. Take intermittent breaks from my desk today every hour :smile:
    6. Stand up for myself in this afternoon's meeting. I am not a door mat. :smile:
    7. Read one article about wellness or health (body) :(
    8. Listen to my daily podcast (mind) :(
    9. Read something inspirational today (spirit) :smile:
    10. Try not to worry about the things going on which I have no control over. :(
    11. Focus on the things going on that I can control and determine how best to handle them :(
    12. Relax tonight when I get home from work. I worked very hard this week and I deserve some downtime. :)

Just for Saturday, 6/10
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Eat 1 lb of fresh veggies today
    3. Read Simple Abundance chapter
    4. Find something to do that relaxes me. Maybe work on a quilt? Read? Neflix binge?
    5. Spend some time meal planning for the week
    6. Try not to worry or get anxious today. Work on letting go what you cannot control. Perhaps journal?
    7. Try to refrain from logging in and working from home today.
    8. Write in my "5 things I'm grateful for today" journal before bed tonight

Have a great weekend!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    B) Just for today:
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    40 min. Yoga
    Log food
    Complete Ch. 1-3 Physics HW
    Dress up and enjoy my friends wedding with my handsome boys!
    Share two endearing thoughts with my husband.
    Get to bed before midnight.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Drinking water, 8 cups
    Rested, 20 mins w/slow breathes.
    Tracking meals & snacks.
    Heading to a neighbor's child's birthday. Funny, cake has no effect on me but ice cream is such a challenge.
    My plan is to go the beach boardwalk tonight or tomorrow night and enjoy my fave ice cream & walk the beach with my family. Low tide in the evening, perfect :smile:
    Be in bed by 10pm as my daughter was up at 5 am today!

Wishing you all a healthy, happy weekend.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    , Friday
    1. clean house :/
    2. work in the yard before it gets too hot :/
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning. Already went to the gym this morning :):)
    4. get daughter b-day card and gift card for b-day tomorrow :)
    5. pick up DQ ice cream cake for daughters b-day (only eat ONE piece tomorrow, then send the rest home with her :)
    6. read advantage cards :)
    7. sip on water :)
    8. sew :) Finished another charity quilt!

JFT, Saturday
    1. late in the day again - lunch with my daughter, and only had 1/2 tuna sandwich from Panera Bread. Went to garden tours in the morning.
    2. eat smart tonite at dinner with my daughter for her B-day
    3. only eat ONE SMALL piece of dairy queen birthday cake -- give the rest to our daughter to take home and get it out of here
    4. drink water

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Well it's 9pm here so I think it's a little too late to share some goals for today. Lol. Will list some of the things I did today though.

1. Logged everything
    2. Stayed in green in net calories, but went waaay over in my sugar because of a chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie I had for dinner. Lol
    3. Had a great day at work!
    4. Balanced out at the end of the day
    5. Got a whole bunch of "You did great this week" from three different management personnel
    6. Battled the afternoon beach traffic on a beautiful afternoon to pick up my meds
    7. Took a 4 HOUR nap!!!! Lol
    8. Did the dishes
    9. Made a smoothie I've been meaning to try for dinner
    10. Gonna hang out with the DH for a little while when he gets home from work.

Hope everyone had a great day! I know I did! See everyone in the morning!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Had a great night last night! Stayed up with the DH for a little while before I ended up almost falling asleep on the couch! Lol. Had a decent night sleep, except for the cat waking me up in the middle of the night again. That seems to be a nightly thing now. When the alarm went off, I woke up to the cat sleeping on the DH's chest. He hasn't done that for a while. Reset the alarm and went back to sleep for another half an hour and woke up to the cat laying on my hip(I was sleeping on my side.) He is probably the neediest cat I have ever had.

So here are my goals for the day!

1. Log everything and stay in the green
    2. Watch my sugar intake
    3. Go to church
    4. Finish the dishes
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Work on some writing/formatting
    7. Set up a new account on Kindle
    8. Make a yummy, healthy dinner
    9. Be in bed by 11pm(I dont work until 12 tomorrow)

Have a great day everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Saturday, 6/10
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. Eat 1 lb of fresh veggies today :(
    3. Read Simple Abundance chapter :(
    4. Find something to do that relaxes me. Maybe work on a quilt? Read? Neflix binge? :) Watched movies most of the day. Just needed to rest.
    5. Spend some time meal planning for the week ;) Kinda. Going to the store to buy healthy stuff for the week!
    6. Try not to worry or get anxious today. Work on letting go what you cannot control. Perhaps journal? :s Failed miserably at this. Spent the day in tears and a constant state of anxiety. Husband got me out of house and that helped.
    7. Try to refrain from logging in and working from home today. :smile:
    8. Write in my "5 things I'm grateful for today" journal before bed tonight :(

Most important thing for me today is to find a place of peace. So, J4T:
    1. Grocery shop for healthy foods for week
    2. Hydrate
    3. Stay in present and do not worry about future. Cannot control it
    4. Do something I enjoy today - read, quilt, bake or go for a walk by the river.
    5. Early to bed.

We have some nasty storms moving this way from Minnesota today, hitting here around 1 pm, so need to get outside stuff done in the next few hours before they're here. Husband is taking me to Stein's to buy some hanging plants for outside the house. I love shopping flower shopping. Might try to talk him into a few more bushes for in front of the house while I'm at it. ;)

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    JFT, Saturday
    1. late in the day again - lunch with my daughter, and only had 1/2 tuna sandwich from Panera Bread. Went to garden tours in the morning. :)
    2. eat smart tonite at dinner with my daughter for her B-day :) Went to LongHorn for Dinner -- I ate half of my parmesan chicken and sweet potato, and only had one small piece of ice cream cake. Sent the rest home with my daughter :)
    3. only eat ONE SMALL piece of dairy queen birthday cake -- give the rest to our daughter to take home and get it out of here :)
    4. drink water :/

Yesterday was a fun day, and I think a good day for my daughter. She and I went our for lunch and went to the book store - bought her some books, then lunch at Panera bread. Her anxiety was high, so we just ate in the car, which was fine. Took her out in the evening for dinner, and she enjoyed that as well.

This morning I weighed myself, and decided I am going to post my weight every sunday. Somehow, I need to get better at trying to lose. All the exercise I am doing, and the scale is barely moving -- which tells me I am still eating too much. As my doctor said, losing weight is 90% eating, and only 10% exercise. So this week, I went in the wrong direction.

Does anyone else want to join me in every sunday posting our weight? Maybe we can encourage each other more that way?

Weight last sunday 199.8
    June 11 201.4

Goal for the month of June is to be at 195 --- so I have a ways to go, and need to work harder

SO JFT, Sunday
    1. plan meals around healthy stuff
    2. go to the store and stock up on healthy, low cal snacks
    3. read my response cards
    4. eat slowly
    5. drink more water
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    7. work in the yard today
    8. get some sewing done tonite.
    9. snack tonite will be cottage cheese instead of popcorn

• Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Does anyone else want to join me in every sunday posting our weight? Maybe we can encourage each other more that way?

Yeah Deffo!
    I will post mine Monday morning though with the time difference and all that!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Weight Goals
    March Weight: 174lb
    April Weight: 173lb
    May Weight: 170lbs
    Current weight: TBC
    Target Weight: 147lbs
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Make your next choice a good one!

Put my weight loss goals into lbs so its easier for my friends over the pond!
    And I think its easier too without having to worry about stones!
    Weigh in tomorrow for @joan6630 so will update it then!
    Just got a workout out in so burnt some extra cals!

I'm hoping for good numbers on the scale tomorrow!

• MLHC1
    Options
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    B) Just for today:
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.✔
    40 min. Yoga✔
    Log food✔
    Complete Ch. 1-3 Physics HW❌
    Dress up and enjoy my friends wedding with my handsome boys!✔✔
    Share two endearing thoughts with my husband.✔
    Get to bed before midnight.✔

• MLHC1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Sunday 6/11 JFT:

Sleep in until 9 am (never do this, lol)
    Quality time with family
    Family and budget meeting
    Revise kids weekly schedules
    Plan kids weekly lesson plans
    Plan weekly meals
    Grocery list (shop Monday after classes)
    Laundry
    Physics HW Ch.1-3 (didn't do yesterday)
    Log meals on MFP
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.

Most of this is done. Now time to roll up my sleeves and get the last three done!