Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Thanks for your support!
    Tbh I'm okay about it.
    It was quick, painless, she was 83 and she was happy and smiley before it happened.
    My dads really upset,especially as it was his last living parent.
    Someone's got to be level headed about it all.

Dear Bex,
    I am sorry to learn that your lost your grandmother. (When I hear that I want to say did you find her, but that's just not right.) I had very strong grandmothers and I don't mean in health particularly, but one lived to her mid 90's and one to 102. They passed away over a decade ago, but I still think of them regularly and how they would like to see all the things we are doing today. I expect she enjoyed you and your children immensely. My sympathy to your father. Between my husband and I we have only my mother left. I am fortunate that her health and circumstances are both good. I will be devastated when she dies.

Would you like to tell us something about your Nan? What made her special for you?

With sympathy,
    Chris

This made me smile :-)
    If you picture the perfect nan then that was her, she was kind, warm, funny, gave the best hugs, generous, caring and just full of love!
    It never upset her if you didn't visit much, she understood that I struggle to find the time with my family and she was just happy with a phone call to know she wasn't forgotten!
    She's my favourite nan and I'm going to miss her a lot!

<3<3<3
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good morning, good morning!

@Bex953172 Tell us a favorite memory! I would love to hear it! I lost all of my grandparents before I could really cultivate memories with them. I have a couple that are better than grandparents though. But they are getting up there in age and I havent seen them in a while, so I think I may call Oma this afternoon and add it to my goals!

Had a great morning with the DH. We woke up around 9am(which is a rarity when we dont have to be up early) and I made us coffee and we hung out in bed for a while and drank our coffee, played with Panda(the cat). After we got up, he played his games and I paid bills and updated the checkbook, went to Wawa(a high-end convenience store on the East Coast) and got more caffeine(DH is an energy drink addict) and a few snacks plus coffee for me. Lol But now he's gone, so I'm gonan pull myself together and get some laundry in the wash.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Good morning, good morning!

@Bex953172 Tell us a favorite memory! I would love to hear it! I lost all of my grandparents before I could really cultivate memories with them. I have a couple that are better than grandparents though. But they are getting up there in age and I havent seen them in a while, so I think I may call Oma this afternoon and add it to my goals!

Had a great morning with the DH. We woke up around 9am(which is a rarity when we dont have to be up early) and I made us coffee and we hung out in bed for a while and drank our coffee, played with Panda(the cat). After we got up, he played his games and I paid bills and updated the checkbook, went to Wawa(a high-end convenience store on the East Coast) and got more caffeine(DH is an energy drink addict) and a few snacks plus coffee for me. Lol But now he's gone, so I'm gonan pull myself together and get some laundry in the wash.

It would have to be after my grandad died, my parents were away for the weekend and so they were going to leave me at my grandma's and granddad but I remember asking to stay with my nana instead.
    I remember her telling me she missed the little things like who was going to open the curtains or if my grandad wanted tea or coffee.
    That day she took me out shopping, got me lots of food for her house, when we got back to hers I remember helping her with a jigsaw, she taught me how to draw properly and taught me how to cross stitch. I think I must have been about 12.
    She made her special trifle and let me stay up late.

She was right about the little things. They are the most important and cherished parts.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm glad you have those memories! They are so important. Remember them fondly and be sure to tell your little ones about when they get older. The memories I have of my grandparents are the stories that my parents tell me about when I was super young. They also tell me all sorts of stories from their growing up years. Some of my best memories from my GP's arent actually mine. I live vicariously through my parents memories. Not as good as the real thing but definitely better then nothing.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap W 6/7 - a more "normal" day
    1) Pre-logged all food / snacks except dinner, keep net calories in the green = Green! :smiley:
    2) Hydrate...at least 10 glasses = 11 :smile:
    3) Walked dog before work = 3.09 miles, beautiful morning, saw our pair of ducks again :smiley:
    4) Evening, fill planters, remember to boil eggs, start meal planning / grocery list = completed 5 planters, only have one rain barrel planter to complete and herbs to buy / plant....boiled eggs (snacks for self & hubby)....made grocery list, still no firm supper plans for upcoming week :smile:
    5) Bedtime 10:15 & TV off...seriously, need to sleep earlier! 10:14 in bed w/ no TV, read until 10:32 :smile:

Just for today R 6/8
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work, realized my walking shoes are getting shot....buy new shoes tonight (need for 10K on Sat.)
    2) Keep net calories in the green
    3) Continue to hydrate
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    OK - back to posting

JFT 06-08-2017
    • 10,000+ steps
    • 64 oz + of lovely lovely H20
    • Work - Finish Accrual adjustment
    • Work - Finish escheat documents
    • Work - Finish investigation
    • Eat 3 veg
    • Eat two fruit
    • Remember that I gave blood yesterday - don't overdo it.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Not so great yesterday. Why is it I can do great all day, only to "graze" at nite. "grazing" on healthy stuff, but those walnuts, fiber one bars, and skinny cow ice cream treats add up!.

Oh well, new day.
    JFT, Thursday
    1. did not get to the gym this morning - so go to zumba class, or do Bex's dance video
    2. drink water
    3. log all food
    4. work in the yard
    5. zip water in the evening -- eat only planned snack
    6. plan tomorrow meals
    7. read my advantage response cards

• Bex953172
    Options
    Not gonna let this lie!!
    Who's not done the work out yet :lol:

I've not posted goals for a while
    Can't stop eating €rap lol

Funny how the other day I said i was starting to feel as good as I did before I got that cold in Feb and now this.
    #life..
  • mytime6630
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I did about 15 minutes of your dance video Bex -- I loved it!! But .... I worked out so much today, so I didn't have time today to do it all.

But ..... I got in 90 minutes of zumba tonite!!! I am so tired, but I wore off those extra calories from last nite :) I am finding myself really enjoying the zumba!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I did about 15 minutes of your dance video Bex -- I loved it!! But .... I worked out so much today, so I didn't have time today to do it all.

But ..... I got in 90 minutes of zumba tonite!!! I am so tired, but I wore off those extra calories from last nite :) I am finding myself really enjoying the zumba!

Nice one :) glad you tried it!!
    I'm doing it again tonight :scream:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Bex953172 I haven't tried the workout video yet, but I will eventually. Living in Green Bay, WI, the summers are short, so I'm outside when I can right now. :smile:

Recap R 6/8
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work, realized my walking shoes are getting shot....buy new shoes tonight (need for 10K on Sat.) = Got my new shoes for walking. :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories in the green = How did I do this? Net calories exactly -100. Close enough. :smile:
    3) Continue to hydrate = 12 cups :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = Recent late evenings caught up to me, in bed & everything off 10:13 :smiley:

Just for F 6/9
    1) Eat food / snacks that are pre-logged except for supper. Tonight, I am eating at the race's spaghetti supper at Astor Park for carb-loading. No calorie goals for that, I want to be ready to walk 10K at 8 a.m. Sat.
    2) Continue to hydrate...race will be warm tomorrow
    3) Get race clothes and bib ready...over 15,000 people are registered, event will be so fun!
    4) Get farmers market bags, etc. ready....planning to go after race, need to buy herb plants & produce
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Good morning Good morning!

So I didnt realize that I closed my laptop last night before I hit post reply so no one got to see my post! :D

But last night was total rubbish! I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately. Not good. Got up early..er today. Lol. Just ran some errands and bought a whole bunch of healthy snacks because like you say @joan6630 I tend to graze at night too! And I'm terrible with portions. But I'm a big crunch person, so I bought a few bags of healthy popcorn, some protein bars for when I'm at work or just finished at the gym, a whole bunch of frozen veggies and a bunch of fresh ones too. I'm lucky. I have a DH who likes veggies! So a lot of my dinners have veggies in them. But the house is stocked to the brim with all sorts of yummy healthy things and a lot of yummy things for the DH. He's not actively trying to lose weight like I am. Plus he's a garbage disposal. He will eat ANYTHING and A LOT of it. But he cant cook. Lol. So I have to buy a lot of frozen things, because he can handle a microwave really well. Lol. But that's not always good for me, because I like a lot of the frozen things too. So I have to not eat much of them.

@Bex953172 I'm actually about to try your dance video! I really dont want to go to the gym today. So I think I'm gonna stay home and give your video a try. I have to do it on my laptop though because we dont have youtube on the tv. Lol. My DH is paranoid.

So goals for 6/9/17

1. Log EVERYTHING
    2. Do the dishes!
    3. Try the dance video
    4. Have another awesome day at work
    5. Keep till balanced
    6. Finish food shopping tonight
    7. Make a yummy healthy dinner
    8. Be in bed with light off and tablet down by 10pm
    Have a great day everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Swamped at work. I'm having knee scope done next Tuesday so will be off work for two weeks...which is causing me to work from 7a.m. until 11:30 p.m. trying to get my projects as caught up as I can. *yawn*

Needless to say, I have not been behaving in the food department at night. Grazing like a cow...

Just For Friday (6/9)
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate - try for 80 oz
    3. Finish up as many projects as I can today at work. Make real dents today.
    4. Music and earbuds in so I don't get distracted or irritated at work today.
    5. Take intermittent breaks from my desk today every hour
    6. Stand up for myself in this afternoon's meeting. I am not a door mat.
    7. Read one article about wellness or health (body)
    8. Listen to my daily podcast (mind)
    9. Read something inspirational today (spirit)
    10. Try not to worry about the things going on which I have no control over.
    11. Focus on the things going on that I can control and determine how best to handle them
    12. Relax tonight when I get home from work. I worked very hard this week and I deserve some downtime.

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I plan to do the workout tomorrow! But if my knee gives out, I will have to stop. :wink:
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Thursday
    1. did not get to the gym this morning - so go to zumba class, or do Bex's dance video :):) 90 minutes of Zumba - and 15 minutes of Bex's video!
    2. drink water :) Did so much better in the evenings when I sip on water
    3. log all food :)
    4. work in the yard :)
    5. zip water in the evening -- eat only planned snack :)
    6. plan tomorrow meals :) Fish fry tonite, so easy to plan.
    7. read my advantage response cards :)

JFT, Friday
    1. clean house
    2. work in the yard before it gets too hot
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning. Already went to the gym this morning :)
    4. get daughter b-day card and gift card for b-day tomorrow
    5. pick up DQ ice cream cake for daughters b-day (only eat ONE piece tomorrow, then send the rest home with her
    6. read advantage cards
    7. sip on water
    8. sew
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Bex953172 Got about 20 minutes into the video and had to call it quits. Lol. My calves are burning from all the jumping! Lol. I'm still panting. Lol
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Things have been so out of whack in our house this week. Finally checking in on JFT as my daughter had an ear appt. After taking her to school I headed over to my favorite hilly park for a good walk with the dog. Had a healthy lunch which didn't take a lot of willpower to prep, although I caught myself mindlessly snacking on the olives while chopping. Wait! I'm supposed to be sitting while eating! Hard to break those old habits...

Remember, small steps, consistently, will get me to my goals.

Pretracked most meals/snacks. Preplanning meals & activity for weekend.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 10pm-this has become a priority b/c when I'm tired, I'm prone to bingeing.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walked dog 30 mins.
    Weight lifting at gym-prob 40 mins.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/count 20 breaths slow & deep.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Drink protein smoothie if necessary.
    Sit for all meals/snacks.
    Read something for inspiration look into the menopause/weight gain connection. Still need to do this!
    Listened to podcast that focused on the science of building muscle & weight training for fat loss. Very interesting but I will need to listen it again when I don't have a lot of distractions nearby.
    Shop for Wike (new or used). I would like challenge myself by biking for local errands as much as possible for summer months.

My successes will come from my challenges.

Have a great Friday everyone!

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will fight all ciggerett cravings. When a craving hits, I will grab my water bottle and take a drink.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 I plan to do the workout tomorrow! But if my knee gives out, I will have to stop. :wink:

Ooh do be careful!!
    There's a lot of jumping involved so please don't injure yourself!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 Got about 20 minutes into the video and had to call it quits. Lol. My calves are burning from all the jumping! Lol. I'm still panting. Lol

That's awesome! I only managed about 30 mins!
    Told you it was a killer!!
    I've found getting your breath back in the weight lifting bit helps with the cardio!

Feel the burn lol!!

Its fun though! And I love Simone De La Rue!
    Would you try it again? (Maybe in a few days! Just wait for the ache tomorrow!)