Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• ehenson129
    ehenson129 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    good morning. I have never participated in a group thread like this before and came across this one this morning. I love the motivation you all are giving to eachother and would love to be able to join. Im not sure if I am doing it the right way so if im not please let me know.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Thursday--make kid send aunt HB e-mail, stay within calorie guidelines and exercise, chase missing thyroid pills, use push mower and think about weed-eating another day.
    Did it, did it, overdid it, no pills, weed-ate 1 hour and push-mowed about another 50 minutes. Going to bed.
    On Friday 8/18, monitor calories, get exercise, weed-eat/mow, 3 hours son's school, laundry/dishes/trash.

I can't believe they have you chasing thyroid pills!!
    I'm not allowed to miss a single day! If I ring up my gp saying I've got no tablets they do me a prescription there and then!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @tretan Such an inspiring story!! I'm sorry to hear you got hurt but way to go picking yourself up and finishing strong!!!!

@ehenson129 Welcome, happy to see you here :) This group of people are awesome and excellent support / motivating group. It took me few post to get the hang of "how it works" but it's pretty simple :) Good luck and welcome :)
  • SageMolokai
    SageMolokai Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    By the way, everyone, you're doing great! Keep going - we're going to reach our big goals if we keep knocking out these little ones!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty great thread!

coming off a night of too much limoncello...

Do you make your own? I like it so much better homemade.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Celebrating getting back to "Onederland" :smiley:
    Meditate/rest 20 mins today this afternoon.This paid off yesterday! Use Calm App.
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Track everything.
    Walk dog in AM.
    Weight lifting today & have to skip Pilates at 1. Too late.
    Need to use portion control tonight.
    Going to a wake today in honor of a lovely lady from my church. A full life, well lived.
    10 pm bedtime.

I've greatly reduced my sugar intake. Eating a protein at each meal & resting/meditating for 20 mins every afternoon (when I can) is controlling any bingeing. Checking in with MFP & JFT daily is grounding. These changes are keeping me focussed. I've stopped obsessing about my final goal weight which I believe was overwhelming me. Life is not perfect but I'm trying to make it the best I can & I'm so grateful for this support. :smile:

Small steps in the right direction add up.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Recap Th 8/17 = Sedentary day b/c non-dog walk day & John McEuen concert in evening.
    1) Use "move" reminder and > 25 flights of stairs = Not as sedentary as I thought! I forgot that work project I just started needs prints of numerous documents and screen shots, so I was walking from desk to printer many times. Also, I parked a few blocks farther away from the theatre, just to walk some extra steps. Fitbit was 8,690 steps & 33 flights, not bad for non-dog walk day! :smiley:
    2) Do not let work negativity get me down....use Calm app in afternoon, pause & pray = ok day in the office :smiley:
    3) Net calories green = HUGE fail! Already in the red after supper, then gorged on salted mixed nuts when I arrived home for good. Not sure why, normally I don't, maybe overtired / lonely w/ hubby at work? Tired / emotional always gets me. Daily weigh in F a.m. spiked up, hoping some of it is water due to salt. :s:'(
    4) Bedtime 10:30 w/ TV off = yes :smiley:

JFT F 8/18 - keeping things very simple for today
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work & happy dog / no wildlife sightings to report :smiley:
    2) Net calories green / need to start meal planning again, always a struggle for me at end of summer
    3) Use Calm app in afternoon, pause & pray

Wow, lots of newbies here. Welcome! This is a great group for support, one day at a time. :smiley:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Weigh and log all food (I did...reluctantly. I am realizing how many times I didn't bother doing this over the past few weeks if I felt like I had gone over). :)
    2. Keep my chin up...just found out I tore a few tendons and need ankle surgery. Yep! Had a moment when I was hanging up laundry where I just thought "I'm happy. Despite it all...I'm actually happy."

Today:
    1. Weigh and log all food
    2. Meditate
    3. Sleep 8 hours
    4. Accept help from others. I have two events this weekend (I'm an artist and have been selling at festivals) and need to be smart, especially with the torn ligaments
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Yesterday JFTs
    :) stay in calories
    :| drink water and
    :)<3 get my 10,000 steps. Got 14,000+ and I finished week 6 of C25K 'ran' 22 minutes straight

The run was fantastic. Really energized me. Came back in the house at 10:15 from the run, finished the 2nd load of laundry and vacuumed the downstairs. Ordered husband around since he was sitting on the couch laughing at me saying "Two years ago you wouldn't be doing any of this stuff, now you come home, cook, run, chores." That's when I interrupted him and gave him some chores to get off the couch and do.

Today is a busy day. I have to work of course, then a parents meeting for High School bowling teams my husband and I coach (no I do not bowl except for occasional fun), shop for food for my house-sitter, then put away the laundry, barn chores, pack for a long weekend culminating in eclipse ☀ viewing and a mini-family reunion, go to Orlando for an annual charity event, get to bed so we can get up at 4 a.m. and hit the road.

I hope my husband is ready to drive tomorrow because I will need to sleep in the car.

Today 08-17 JFTs
    • stay in calories
    • drink water
    • get my 10,000 steps
    • two work journal entries
    • all that stuff above
  • Bex953172
    Options
    How do you NOT reach for junk food when:

The kids had to be put in their room just so I can clean the house downstairs. I've got the lounge spotless but the kitchen is still a bit of a tip.

The drs have rung and said my thyroid is too low and now need to run out and pick up my meds.

Whilst telling my partner that the dr called (he was in the bedroom) the dog pissed outside the door, came downstairs and ate the lamb off the kitchen side which I had just got out the fridge for prepping, which was our tea. Now there's only one lamb steak that neither me or my partner will eat because we don't know if he's licked it. And he also knocked a coffee off the side in the process and now there's coffee splattered everywhere.

I actually feel like crying.

I don't know what to do for tea now. It's 4.30pm and I start tea at 5, don't have a microwave to defrost and can't buy anything.

:(
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    :)<3 get my 10,000 steps. Got 14,000+ and I finished week 6 of C25K 'ran' 22 minutes straight

The run was fantastic. Really energized me. Came back in the house at 10:15 from the run, finished the 2nd load of laundry and vacuumed the downstairs. Ordered husband around since he was sitting on the couch laughing at me saying "Two years ago you wouldn't be doing any of this stuff, now you come home, cook, run, chores." That's when I interrupted him and gave him some chores to get off the couch and do.

....pack for a long weekend culminating in eclipse ☀ viewing and a mini-family reunion, go to Orlando for an annual charity event, get to bed so we can get up at 4 a.m. and hit the road.
    [/quote]

Huge congrats on your running! That is a big accomplishment. :smiley: Totally loved your update, esp. ordering hubby around. :wink: Have fun at all your events! :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Lol my partners just text saying he will have fish fingers!
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday: Practice what I have learnt from the book. ✅ Two days binge free!

JFT Friday: Continue to work on controlling my urges to binge.
    -Clean my darned oven- yuck. Been avoiding this for weeks.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Lol my partners just text saying he will have fish fingers!

Ok, I have to ask: what are fish fingers?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thursday 8.17
    1. log all food :/ I ate too much to even remember what I had and log it
    2. drink water :/
    3. gym in the morning :) This was the one positive thing I did
    4. lay out gym clothes for friday morning :) Yes, and got to the gym this morning.
    5. Day 1 again of closing the kitchen. Put a sign on my computer to brush teeth, and wait 10 minutes before eating something :/ Total failure here, and at the moment, I didn't even care.
    6. read my response cards!! :/ Here they are, in front of me, and I didn't even think about reading them.
    7. go to meeting -- do not eat any of the yummy snacks they provide. :/ I was so tired last nite, skipped the meeting
    8. try and wash just 1 window :/ Didn't happen again
    9. work on business expenses :/ So much to do all day, so didn't even get this started
    10. think positive thoughts :/ Our daughter, who has paranoid schizoaffective, distorted thinking, panic attacks, depression, etc. and many problems, was out - and not a good nite. WIth her having paranoia, anything we say she misinterprets as us controlling her, so it is very hard. So after 15 minutes here, she storms out the house and back to her apartment. I worry like crazy, as I can see her going downhill again, but am helpless to do anything. HIPPA laws prevent us from doing much other than leaving a message with her doctor. So what do I do ..... eat.
    11. get back on here tomorrow - no matter what :):)

A total failure yesterday - I let emotions, and being tired get to me. Gave into the box of ice cream that I bought (which was on sale again), plus grabbed a candy bar at the grocery store etc etc. First time in awhile I got out of control, and last nite was one of those nites. .

But .... I am back on here today, a new day, a fresh start

SO JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. don't let emotions get to me. Realize that there are many things I have no control over - and food is not the answer
    3. drink water
    4. go to fish fry with hubby, and enjoy 1 piece.
    5. sew on my quilt
    6. take a short afternoon nap. I think when I am tired I tend to overeat junk food and binge
    7. close the kitchen - brush my teeth and grab my water.
    8. if Ice cream is on sale - no matter what price - Do not buy it. Just knowing it is in the freezer is a trigger for me. If I want ice cream - go to McDonalds and get a "portioned" ice cream cone.
    9. think positive thoughts. Concentrate on the good things in my life, not the negatives
    10. get back on here tomorrow, no matter what

And look up the Calm app you guys are talking about!