Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

7. Brainstorm outline for new book
    8. Fix cover issue for poetry book

You're an author? That is my dream job! I'm so jealous! Always wanted to write... Good for you!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Been in a bit of pain, so haven't been moving too much. Yesterday we had the same tornado warning that @cschmitz110515 spoke of. I had just returned home from physical therapy so was in a lot of pain, and then had to go down into the basement and back up those stairs. Those stairs were very hard on my leg. Our electricity went out also around 4:00 pm yesterday and didn't come back until 7:00 a.m. this morning. So, I didn't have the electric ice water pump to hook up to my leg during the night. With the power off for so long, our ice was melting in the freezer so had to get up multiple times throughout the night to refill bag with ice cubes to ice my knee and today I am paying for it. How is THAT for whining? LOL!

One day at a time. My honey is really taking good care of me, except he is a little over protective. Brought me cottage cheese with fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries for breakfast. Yum. healthy and delicious.

Yikes! You really had it bad yesterday. Hoping things went much better today, with power on, and the pain is under control. Praying that your recovery goes swiftly and well! So glad your hubby is taking good care of you. :smile:

I saw on the evening news tonight there were 6 tornadoes within 30 miles of our house. Thank the Lord, no one was killed or seriously hurt. Kitty and dog were very happy to have me arrive home last night, since hubby was gone at work. Our neighborhood has a few tree limbs down, but nothing major.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Just for tomorrow (early start on a today commitment), I will not have a frustrated, irritated, or defensive response to somebody else's negative behavior. Just because they are mean doesn't mean I have to be. Picking my battles.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    Recap R 6/15 - attend a conference all day, breakfast & lunch included
    1) Make wise food choices however possible, and log later = Ate ok, took small portions at breakfast buffet, had fresh fruit, did not eat all the chicken on my lunch plate (leg & breast!). Except I ate the piece of cake (sitting at everyone's place at the luncheon tables) and a cookie for afternoon break. So net calories around -400. :/
    2) Drink at least 8 c. water / hopefully provided at conference = 9 c. thank goodness each room has water pitchers and glasses :smiley:
    3) Walk dog in evening / probably short route since hot (upper 80s F) & humid predicted = 2.3 miles = happy dog :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off / have 1/2 day conference, will leave home 7:45 a.m. = off to bed soon :smile:

Just for F 6/16 - conference half day, breakfast & lunch included
    1) Later start to conference this day & won't eat breakfast at home, so have time to walk dog before
    2) Take small portions at buffet and make wise choices / skip the sweets / log later
    3) Get something done around house in evening / won't be home much on Sat.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    6/15 Thursday JFT:

Attend class✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.❌
    Complete Online Physics HW 1 (due tonight)✔
    Study for Physics Exam (on Friday :/ )✔✔✔
    Log meals on MFP (careful on the snacks, drink kava tea for stress relief instead on reaching for "comfort food") ➡️had some chocolate while studying :D
    Bedtime by midnight.✔
  • MLHC1
    Options
    6/16 Friday JFT:

Wake up early, prep for Physics Exam
    High protein / High cal. Breakfast (for sustainability during Exam)
    Run a few errands (mail, wash Jeep)
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Yoga 40 min.
    Intro Kid's Yoga (DVD's arrived yesterday :) )
    Physics HW Ch. 6 & review online HW 2
    Quality time w/ family
    Bedtime by 11pm

Alrighty, time to tackle this Day! B)
  • tasnimen81
    tasnimen81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to log my food & try to make as healthy choices as possible. :)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Been in a bit of pain, so haven't been moving too much. Yesterday we had the same tornado warning that @cschmitz110515 spoke of. I had just returned home from physical therapy so was in a lot of pain, and then had to go down into the basement and back up those stairs. Those stairs were very hard on my leg. Our electricity went out also around 4:00 pm yesterday and didn't come back until 7:00 a.m. this morning. So, I didn't have the electric ice water pump to hook up to my leg during the night. With the power off for so long, our ice was melting in the freezer so had to get up multiple times throughout the night to refill bag with ice cubes to ice my knee and today I am paying for it. How is THAT for whining? LOL!

One day at a time. My honey is really taking good care of me, except he is a little over protective. Brought me cottage cheese with fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries for breakfast. Yum. healthy and delicious.

Welcome to everyone who is back after a little break and welcome to new members!

Just for Today/Thursday:
    1. Make healthy food choices. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate with water
    3. Do knee therapy exercises as assigned to strengthen muscles
    4. Rest and heal. don't push it.
    5. take a nap and try to catch up on missed sleep
    6. Find quiet place and do some reading.
    You had a rough night! Hope today is much better for you. You'll be in a better place by next week after resting your knee. Tell DH to keep up the good work. :)

• Saragirl2
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    so , JFT - yesterday

1. DO NOT EAT ANY ICE CREAM TONITE!!!!! :) Survived without the ice cream! But some reason, it was a struggle last nite - I just wanted to eat something. So ... we made popcorn. But, since I went to zumba, even though calories were higher than I wanted, I think I was OK
    2. sip on water. I am not hungry --- just thirsty :) 6 glass of "root beer" flavored water last nite. Which meant I was up about every 2 hours throughout the nite :/
    3. read my response cards :)
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) Unable to sleep last nite, but still made it to the gym this morning!
    5. finish sewing up the quilt I am working on :/
    6. leave for zumba in 30 minutes --- Yah, thats what I'll do tonite :):)

JFT, THursday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. work on business bookkeeping - I am SO far behind
    4. laundry
    5. go to quilt meeting tonite -- do not eat the free snacks they provide
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow

Wow Joan- good for you for choosing the popcorn! I haven't done Zumba in years, you've inspired me to give it another try. It's at our gym so I'll check the time. Thank you for the idea :smile:
  • Saragirl2
    Options

Pretracked most meals/snacks.Time to look at weekend. Boys may be camping with Boy Scouts so DD & I can do our own thing for meals.
    Drink 16 oz of warm water with juice from one lemon. A 21 day challenge for me.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 9:30pm.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walk dog 30 mins at hilly park. Restarted my "Map My Walk" app for some motivation.
    Weight lifting at affiliate gym-did two rounds yesterday at (2 sets of 12) Can I do 3??
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Tried a 20 min meditation online yesterday & it was a different experience (gongs & all the sound effects) lol. Need to do this a few times, not sure if I like it.
    Try yoga nidra tonight for relaxation/stress. Heard about it & need to try something new.
    Drink 10 cups of water.
    Drink protein smoothie if necessary.
    Sit for all meals/snacks.
    In need of some self care...massage, pedi, anything ;)

Have a great Friday everyone-Remember your WHY!

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

You're an author? That is my dream job! I'm so jealous! Always wanted to write... Good for you!

I am! I just published a book of poetry on Amazon Kindle but I have to tweak the cover since something went wrong. I hope to be able to do it full-time in a few years. I only have a short story and the poetry published right now, and I haven't really done any publicity for either, though I did sell a copy of the poetry one the other day. Made .35 cents! Haha! So thrilled! I started a story about 7 years about two girls living in Boston. It's a murder mystery. Life got in the way and I stopped writing. But now I'm really excited about it and have been brainstorm ideas for it and want to work up a proper outline. Lol
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today/Thursday:

;) Make healthy food choices. Stay in the green
    :) Hydrate with water
    :) Do knee therapy exercises as assigned to strengthen muscles
    :) Rest and heal. don't push it.
    :) Take a nap and try to catch up on missed sleep
    ;) Find quiet place and do some reading

Didn't do much yesterday. Went in bedroom to read and fell asleep for a 3 hour nap. I NEVER NAP! So, I must've needed it...

Just for Friday:
    • Stay in the green
    • Hydrate
    • Knee exercises per therapist
    • Try to get up and move more today
    • Do one thing that will make me feel somewhat productive! I hate sitting around doing nothing!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options

Didn't do much yesterday. Went in bedroom to read and fell asleep for a 3 hour nap. I NEVER NAP! So, I must've needed it...

Just for Friday:
    • Stay in the green
    • Hydrate
    • Knee exercises per therapist
    • Try to get up and move more today
    • Do one thing that will make me feel somewhat productive! I hate sitting around doing nothing!

I felt so bad for you when I read about you having to rush downstairs because of tornado warnings. I can only imagine how hard that would be with just having surgery!!! And then no power on top of that!! I hope things are starting to feel better for you. I am so glad you have such a caring hubby --- you need this time to take care of yourself.
    Now would be a great time to start on that quilt ---- since you can only sit around! (If you even feel like doing that though!). My neighbor had knee surgery, and she slept a lot also. Its a combination of the anesthesia from surgery, pain meds, and just your body going through so much. One day at a time ..... and before you know it you'll be feeling better, and be out walking again!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I am! I just published a book of poetry on Amazon Kindle but I have to tweak the cover since something went wrong. I hope to be able to do it full-time in a few years. I only have a short story and the poetry published right now, and I haven't really done any publicity for either, though I did sell a copy of the poetry one the other day. Made .35 cents! Haha! So thrilled! I started a story about 7 years about two girls living in Boston. It's a murder mystery. Life got in the way and I stopped writing. But now I'm really excited about it and have been brainstorm ideas for it and want to work up a proper outline. Lol

That is so awesome!!!! What is the name of your book? I'll have to look it up on amazon!! Keep it up!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    THursday
    1. log all food :) Yes, even 3 Fiber One bars!! I did really good all day, only to give into those. I have to find ways to stop this in the evenings.
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. work on business bookkeeping - I am SO far behind :/ Not time again today - so many other things to do. Hopefully this weekend!
    4. laundry :)
    5. go to quilt meeting tonite -- do not eat the free snacks they provide :) They had all these cookies and cupcakes. But .... I did have a small bite size cupcake.
    6. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow :/ Didn't do this, and as a result, didn't get to the gym. Funny how much it helps just having stuff ready in the morning.

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. start on new quilt for my friend
    3. try and get started on bookkeeping for business
    4. finish laundry
    5. fish fry today- stick to 2 pieces. No lunch --
    6. concentrate on cutting back the eating in the evening. keep busy.
    7. go to zumba tonite since I didn't get to the gym
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Recap yesterday
    JFT 06-15-2017
    :) It's Payday. Be happy about that!
    :) 10,000+ steps (14,852)
    :) 64 oz + H20 yep..
    :) Eat 3 veg - carrots, yummy orange bell pepper, cabbage Yep
    :'( Eat two fruit strawberries & ….oops, only 1
    :s Bed by 11:00 nope. Stayed up to check in with DH

JFT 06-16-2017
    • Finish these today and yesterday Work tasks
      Work - Finish MIP reconciliations
      Work Document PR encumbrance process & post on intranet
    • Work collect data promised for third party
    • Stay in green on calories
    • 10,000+ steps
    • 64+ oz H20
    • Do one load of laundry
    • Bed by11:30

12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 , thanks for the welcome.
    Lali
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Just returned from the Y. Did 32 mins on the Ellipitical and 2 water aerobics classes.Will have lunch, then an hour nap.
    Lali
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options

Awesome!
    Post a link to your book!
  • MLHC1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    6/16 Friday JFT:

Wake up early, prep for Physics Exam✔
    High protein / High cal. Breakfast (for sustainability during Exam)✔
    Run a few errands (mail, wash Jeep)✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.✔
    Yoga 40 min.✔
    Intro Kid's Yoga (DVD's arrived yesterday :)
    Physics HW Ch. 6 & review online HW 2✔
    Quality time w/ family

So far so good.....feeling strong! B)