Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072KCFLV3/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497649835&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Hannah+Goddard&dpPl=1&dpID=41STHznsjuL&ref=plSrch

That's the link for the book...I think. Lol. It's called Not What I Once Was by Hannah Goddard. I publish under my maiden name. Lol. It's a book of poetry chronicling my battle with mental illness and the results of finding my way to stability and maintenance.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap F 6/16 - conference half day, breakfast & lunch included
    1) Later start to conference this day & won't eat breakfast at home, so have time to walk dog before = 3.09 miles :smiley:
    Had extra activity in afternoon: in the office I share with no one right now, building maintenance swapped the second work station out and left everything basically piled on top of all surfaces, while I was attending conference. So once I returned to office, I moved furniture around and put away piles of binders, office supplies and computer equipment.
    2) Take small portions at buffet and make wise choices / skip the sweets / log later = not too bad: ok portions at breakfast buffet, skipped mid-morning pastries, made a decent build-your-own-sandwich at lunch. Succumbed to 1 oz. bag of chips and one cookie. Logged everything the best I could. Net calories in the red. :s
    3) Get something done around house in evening / won't be home much on Sat. = Balanced checkbooks, updated budget s/s and got some decluttering done - Yay! And organized for Sat. :smiley:

Just for Sat. 6/17 - niece's graduation party / round trip by car 3 hours
    1) Go to farmers market before crowd arrives, get produce and remaining herbs
    2) Walk dog
    3) At party, make wise food & beverage choices / 1 - 2 alcoholic drinks / drink water / log later
    4) Enjoy the party!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Pretracked most meals/snacks.Time to look at weekend. Boys may be camping with Boy Scouts so DD & I can do our own thing for meals.
    Drink 16 oz of warm water with juice from one lemon. A 21 day challenge for me.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 9:30pm.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walk dog 20 mins with DD who will complain the whole way :smile:
    Weight lifting at Y, did two rounds yesterday at the other gym. Couldn't manage 3 sets...yet.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Try yoga nidra tonight for relaxation/stress. Heard about it & need to try something new.
    Drink 10 cups of water. Had warm water with lemon juice this am.
    Sit for all meals/snacks.
    Pedi/mani tonight.

Have a great Saturday!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

1. Log all that I eat :/
    2. Go for walk before work :)
    3. Keep till balanced :)
    4. Ask for help if I need it :)
    5. Prelog food for the day :)
    6. Go food shopping in the AM :'(
    7. Brainstorm outline for new book :'(
    8. Fix cover issue for poetry book :'(
    9. Spend time with the DH in the evening :)
    10. Bed with lights off/tablet down by 10:30 pm :)

Well I ate terribly last night. Well maybe, not to terribly. I picked up salad on my way home from work that was actually really delicious. But I had an extra 1oz bag of chips and a poppy seed bagel with butter that I shouldn't have eaten and then didn't log half of what I ate. Lol. But today is a new day! I have a protein bar with me for lunch and a bottle of water. I'm only at work until 1:15 today. If it's not raining I'll go for a walk. Gonna make one of the DH's favorites for dinner and hit the food store tonight. We are sadly low on healthy foods and snacks for the DH. There was no way I was going last night. It was late by the time I got home from work and had no desire to go out again. So I ate my salad and curled up on the couch with DH. It was wonderful! I love those kinds of nights. We watched a bad baseball game on tv and just hung out. I love that he truly is my best friend.

Anyway, onto today's goals!

1. Actually log all my food!
    2. Keep till balanced
    3. Ask for help
    4. Go food shopping
    5. Take a walk
    6. Work on writing
    7. Make healthy yummy dinner
    8. Spend time with the DH
    9. Bed by 1130
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    So I ate my salad and curled up on the couch with DH. It was wonderful! I love those kinds of nights. We watched a bad baseball game on tv and just hung out. I love that he truly is my best friend.

It is truly a blessing to be married to your best friend! I am married to mine also, and I feel that same way. (hugs)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    6/17 Saturday JFT:

Slept in until 10 am
    (I guess I needed some sleep bc I went to sleep yesterday at 6:30pm. That's what stress and anxiety does to you, it breaks you down inside!)

Stay Positive today. Don't worry about how I performed on the exam yesterday, understand that anxiety took over and find a way to resolve that. Don't let anxiety control me, get a control of it!!

Moving on:

Get back on track with calories today, yesterday was a high calorie day. Be motivated about it bc I lost 3 lbs in one week, so this CAN be done!!

Saturday:

Tackle some physics homework (Ch. 6)
    Manage Saturday Chores
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Yoga 40 min.
    Review Budget and prep weekly budget meeting
    Prep family meeting for Sunday
    Prep Kid's weekly homeschool lessons
    Wash Dog
    (very muddy and it'll be 107°F today so he needs to be inside all day)
    Prep weekly meals and grocery list (shop on Sunday)
    Plan Father's Day events

Don't be overwhelmed, whatever doesn't get done today can be done tomorrow. The most important thing to do today is STAY POSITIVE!!

Remember: You've Got This!!!!

I CAN do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength! He has brought me this far and will continue to be with me.

B)
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Completed my 30 mins walk in the park before it started to rain.. Will walk on the treadmill later for another 30 mins. In the meantime,I am preparing some of my meals ahead for the week. In the oven, is turkey meat balls, and turkey meatloaf,then I will sautee some chicken breasts, then cook canned salmon with onions and peppers and then boil some eggs, also finished preparing quinoa with red peppers with brown rice. I usually prepare steamfresh vegetables as needed. I'm now good for about 4days.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    It is truly a blessing to be married to your best friend! I am married to mine also, and I feel that same way. (hugs)

It truly is! It's really sad that not everyone can say that. My parents are best friends too and have been together for 40 years. They were the model for me and my DH and I can proudly say that although we dont have the time spent that they do, I think we will be a good model for our children when they grow up.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So I finally went onto Wawa's website and used their nutritional calculator for their food and the salad I got on my way home today actually didn't kill my calories like I was scared it would. If I had not gotten the grilled chicken or hard-boiled egg it would have been a lot better but it was definitely tasty all though the sodium was pretty high. But that's how it is with most "fast food". Even the healthy stuff has its downfalls. Lol.

But I am definitely going to need to go for a bit of a walk today. Lol. It's gross and muggy out not all that warm but definitely soupy. So I think I might wait until a little later in the day to walk. But I have to walk!

Well, I think I am going to lay down for a little while and take a nap. I'm super tired. And that's the joy of having a Saturday afternoon to myself!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    Completed my 30 mins walk in the park before it started to rain.. Will walk on the treadmill later for another 30 mins. In the meantime,I am preparing some of my meals ahead for the week. In the oven, is turkey meat balls, and turkey meatloaf,then I will sautee some chicken breasts, then cook canned salmon with onions and peppers and then boil some eggs, also finished preparing quinoa with red peppers with brown rice. I usually prepare steamfresh vegetables as needed. I'm now good for about 4days.

I wish I could get myself to prepare meals ahead like this. I never know what meats to make that reheat well. meatballs are a great idea. How do you cook the canned salmon, onions and peppers? Do you sautee it all together in a pain?
  • MLHC1
    Options
    Physics HW (Ch. 6)➡️in progress still
    Manage Saturday Chores✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.✔
    Yoga 40 min.✔
    Review Budget and prep weekly budget meeting✔
    Prep family meeting for Sunday✔
    Prep Kid's weekly homeschool lessons✔
    Wash Dog✔
    Prep weekly meals and grocery list✔
    Plan Father's Day events✔
    Options
    I love canned salmon. Do not discard the bones . Its high in omega-3. Place a little olive oil in the skillet add onions and peppers,and a little back pepper. Serve with quinoa/brown rice and 2 servings vege. and Bon Apetit!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,204 Member
    Options
    Well -- its only 9:45 pm, and I am finally getting around to posting and getting on here. Busy day today. ... but all good. I did OK yesterday, and today, well, did pretty good. I have to go in and log my food, but hoping I am OK - did get to the gym this morning.
    Tomorrow will be my weigh in - so I will post my weight ---- good or bad. I am trying not to weigh myself during the week, because I want this to be more than what the numbers on the scale say. But ... I sure do hope I will be out of the 200s and stay out!

SO JFT, SUNDAY
    1. log all food
    2. grill chicken tomorrow, and eat only a very small pieice of the ice cream cake I bought for fathers day.
    3. celebrate the day with hubby of 40+ years and our daughter.
    4. drink water
    5. work in the yard - weather is suppose to be cooler out
    6. lay out clothes tonite, so I can sneak into the gym very early sunday morning

Options
    Completed my planned 30 mins on the treadmill.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In will be good for me. I eat back calories when I am active, but often I snack / eat too much. My weigh-ins have been all over the scale lately due to life. I weigh myself daily and log weekly. I will post my Saturday a.m. weigh-in.

My June goal is to lose those pesky 4# and stay below 180...I'm so close!

6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 after pre-race spaghetti supper the night before
    6/17 = 179.5 considering all the meals away from home this week, and several occasions with alcohol, I'm happy to not have a gain :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Just for Sat. 6/17 - niece's graduation party / round trip by car 3 hours
    1) Go to farmers market before crowd arrives, get produce and remaining herbs = there was no beating the crowd this morning - 100th year of the market was being celebrated. I bought fresh peas and the first strawberries of the season, whitefish, more fresh veggies / fruit, and my last herbs, including catnip for Kitty. :smiley:
    2) Walk dog = 3.43 miles B)
    3) At party, make wise food & beverage choices / 1 - 2 alcoholic drinks / drink water / log later = Did ok...had very small or sensible portions of great picnic / party food, skipped the snacky food, had 3 SMALL dessert bars b/c hey it's a party, and only one beer. Drank 6 c. water and 2 c. iced tea unsweet. Net calories a guestimate, since I really didn't know what was in some recipes, but still < 300 over. :neutral:
    4) Enjoy the party! I did! Had great time visiting with relatives too seldom seen, and gave dad his Father's Day card. Now I'm quite tired (introvert at heart, people wear me out). :wink: :smiley:

Just for Sunday 6/18 - not sure if weather will cooperate
    1) Church 9 a.m.
    2) Walk dog
    3) Do laundry / hang on line
    4) Find more pots and plant herbs
    5) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off, M means a work day
  • tasnimen81
    tasnimen81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stay below/at/just above my calorie limit.
    Not eat something I don't really, really like.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    (introvert at heart, people wear me out). :wink: :smiley:

Just the thought of people wears me out!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,204 Member
    Options
    JFT, SUNDAY
    1. log all food
    2. grill chicken tomorrow, and eat only a very small pieice of the ice cream cake I bought for fathers day.
    3. celebrate the day with hubby of 40+ years and our daughter.
    4. drink water
    5. work in the yard - weather is suppose to be cooler out
    6. lay out clothes tonite, so I can sneak into the gym very early sunday morning :) Already did this!

Weight June 1 199.8
    June 11 -- 201.4
    June 18 - 199.6

(back to where I was on June 1st, (and also in April), but, at least the scale moved in the right direction.

I am leaving next Wednesday for a few days with my son, so hoping those grandsons will help me wear off some calories! (The RV trip fell through, so flying instead - which is OK with me!) . I am flying out on Wednesday, and coming back on Sunday. It will be all eating out, and no way for me to exercise, as I am kinda going as a babysitter. But I am so looking forward to seeing my son, and also spending time with DIL and those precious little grandsons!
  • MLHC1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    6/18 Sunday JFT:

Weigh-in Sunday :)
    June 9 = 190
    June 16 = 187

Spend the A.M with my wonderful husband!
    (Since he is working today, his choice, plans chg)

Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Yoga 40 min.
    Laundry
    Precook turkey breakfast tacos for the week
    Grocery shopping
    Organize kitchen
    Physics HW (Finish Ch. 6, begin Ch.7)
    Family meeting (when Dad gets home)
    Early dinner
    Bedtime by 10 pm

Should be a relaxing day :D