Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Stop reading cschmitz's wonderful posts that I use to keep me going.

Wow, that is so sweet, thank you! Now I feel "pressure" jk. Hopefully you find inspiration on this entire forum as I do. Everyone has their own struggles and battles, but it's still just one day for everybody. :smiley:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

Love this quote! And so true!!! Your not alone - I've been struggling lately also, and working hard not to give up. But I know that if I do, I'll be seeing those 200s again. I know you can do this!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So this morning I went to the gym. I am finding that I love going to the gym, but hubby thinks I am overdoing it! But .... it feels good to be able to physically do 60 minutes on the treadmill, with the incline set high, and my speed almost to 4.3 mph. But the past 2 days, I have been starting to get a little light-headed.\

It is HOT in the gym (it is still in the 90s here yet), so I sweat a lot. I tend to have very low blood pressure. I am not sure if these are the reasons, but this morning at my workout, I started again to get light headed. I had already done 40 minutes on the treadmill, and 10 minutes on the ellipitical - and was really cranking away, feeling great, talking to the new friends I have met.

But then, again, I got lightheaded. But this time it didn't stop. I felt like I was going to pass out. So .... I got on the exercise bike, just so I could sit down, and the room started spinning. So, I grabbed a mat and laid down, but felt like I was going to vomit. So I ran to the bathroom, and just stayed in there till I was OK, then went home.
    So now hubby is on me for pushing myself, and tells me I am over doing it. I am not sure why all this is happening --- but thinking maybe a combination of my low blood pressure, pushing myself too hard, not eating (which I never eat before I go), or what is going on!! I know I need to drink more water, but this morning, the more water I drank, the worse I felt!

So ... tomorrow if I go, I have to try and just do a slower workout, and remember what my doctor told me.
    Losing weight is 90% of what I eat, and only 10% exercise.

any suggestions though as to what is going on?
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Well, Saturday I only logged my food bc I felt sick all day. Not nausea this time, allergies and a little cold. I'm trying diligently to treat all sicknesses with home remedies bc I do not like to take medication during my pregnancies. Therefore, yesterday turned into a day of watching college football and relaxing on the couch with my hubby. Those days are needed sometimes :)

I hope you all understand that I am all for maintaining a healthy weight during pregnancy. However I do not want to set any goals regarding my weight gain during pregnancy. This stresses me out. My doctor told me specifically not to count calories or concern myself with weight gain. With every pregnancy I gain extra due to added water weight. They do not know why this happens exactly but it does. I am also high risk for preterm labor. So I cannot add stress to my already stressful lifestyle. My doctors feel that I'm doing good by eating healthy and incorporating walking or jogging everyday. I've been blessed with healthy babies, two were a few ounces shy of 8 lbs. @Bex953172 I think it is a cute idea to play off the lose 5 lb challenge, however I do not want to stress over this. I typically get depressed over my weight extremely easy and I am an overachiever of goals. This combination is just the wrong formula for a goal like that during my pregnancy. I hope you understand.

Sometimes I think maybe I should just give MFP a break bc I do not want to get depressed over my weight. Then I decide to keep at it bc it is good information for nutrional guidance etc. I also hope to continue motivation thru JFT. My main goal is --> do all I can to keep my baby healthy!

Anyways, I hope you all can understand my decision to not track my weight but keep an eye of nutrional content.

Totally understandable! Just by reading your JFT lists, I get a sense of the "hectic" in your life. Do what's good for you and baby, and please don't stress! But I agree, check in here once in a while to update everybody. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Imagine, my work project due today took priority this morning! Time to catch up JFT....

Recap Sat.
    3) Nixed plan for another state park and having quiet day home with hubby, he's showering before we go somewhere to eat. I don't want to cook. = We ended up at a Mexican restaurant, not the most healthy choices. Anyway, I tried something new (for me) camarones a la diabla & loved it! Unfortunately, also ate a bunch of the tortilla chips in the basket on table while waiting for order. Net calories almost 1,000 RED. Ack!!! :s But had a great dinner date with hubby, which we don't do very often since he works 2nd shift 5 nights. :smiley:

Recap Sunday 9/24 Will have 3 hour round trip by car to middle brother's Packers game party. = Very sedentary day, not even 5,000 steps on Fitbit. :(
    1) Walk dog early to beat heat = Sleep was priority over dog & sad doggy :wink:
    2) Bible class and church = Yes, but 2 hours of sitting :smile:
    3) Keep portions sensible at party and enjoy 1 - 2 adult beverages = Kept my portions small, but let's face it, it was tailgate food. :D I had one beer, and we all had a jello shot to celebrate each Packers touchdown. Thank goodness, they only scored 3 TDs and rest of points were FGs. And such an exciting, come-from-behind win in OT!!! Guestimated food / shots best I could and net calories MAY be another 1,000 RED, oh my! :# This week is going to be bad. ;)
    4) Another hot day, drink > 8c water = At least I did this....10c :smiley:
    5) Bedtime 10:30 = Got home around 8:30, had to baby the critters who missed us. More like 11:00 to bed. :s

JFT M 9/25
    1) Walked dog 3.35 miles before work = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Project due date / finalize workpapers & turn in for review
    3) Meal plan & make grocery list
    4) For those of you falling out of habits, I am adding this again since I'm not consistent anymore: Floss!
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So this morning I went to the gym. I am finding that I love going to the gym, but hubby thinks I am overdoing it! But .... it feels good to be able to physically do 60 minutes on the treadmill, with the incline set high, and my speed almost to 4.3 mph. But the past 2 days, I have been starting to get a little light-headed.\

It is HOT in the gym (it is still in the 90s here yet), so I sweat a lot. I tend to have very low blood pressure. I am not sure if these are the reasons, but this morning at my workout, I started again to get light headed. I had already done 40 minutes on the treadmill, and 10 minutes on the ellipitical - and was really cranking away, feeling great, talking to the new friends I have met.

But then, again, I got lightheaded. But this time it didn't stop. I felt like I was going to pass out. So .... I got on the exercise bike, just so I could sit down, and the room started spinning. So, I grabbed a mat and laid down, but felt like I was going to vomit. So I ran to the bathroom, and just stayed in there till I was OK, then went home.
    So now hubby is on me for pushing myself, and tells me I am over doing it. I am not sure why all this is happening --- but thinking maybe a combination of my low blood pressure, pushing myself too hard, not eating (which I never eat before I go), or what is going on!! I know I need to drink more water, but this morning, the more water I drank, the worse I felt!

So ... tomorrow if I go, I have to try and just do a slower workout, and remember what my doctor told me.
    Losing weight is 90% of what I eat, and only 10% exercise.

any suggestions though as to what is going on?

It could be a combination of all those things!
    Not eating before you go will be one!
    Doing too much without enough rest in between and definitely water water water whilst at the gym!
    Or even like a lucozade sport drink to keep electrolytes up and stuff!
    I used to have one of them and water in the gym!

I don’t know what medical advice is regarding low blood pressure.
    But that will be causing the lightheadedness. I lost a lot of blood (about 1.2litres) the first time I gave birth and afterwards when they moved me to a ward (attached to a drip haha on one of those poles on wheels) I was so shakey.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @saragirl2
    Take some time today to organize a weekly plan to keep stress down.
    Read something inspirational.
    Try to preplan suppers this week and get the crockpot back out.

We have company this week (BIL is here visiting) and I did not take time to organize or preplan, and boy does that ever make a difference! I actually went at noon and bought a 2017-2018 Planner and I am going to start using it to plan for workdays (i.e. what I'm packing for lunch), schedule time for activity and stick to it like it was a work meeting, etc. so I can get more organized. Mornings are so stressful and if I don't pre-plan, my whole day turns to garbage, so thanks for the reminder to organize my week tonight so I am not running around all cray-cray in the morning!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @joan6630: Can you try at least bringing a bottle of PowerAde Zero? No sugar but lots of electrolytes. You need to stay hydrated and listen to your blood pressure. I know I get light-headed really easily and it is scary! But for you to get nauseous also worries me. You are doing great, by the way! Look at your numbers continue to drop. Excellent!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    3) Keep portions sensible at party and enjoy 1 - 2 adult beverages = Kept my portions small, but let's face it, it was tailgate food. :D I had one beer, and we all had a jello shot to celebrate each Packers touchdown. Thank goodness, they only scored 3 TDs and rest of points were FGs. And such an exciting, come-from-behind win in OT!!! Guestimated food / shots best I could and net calories MAY be another 1,000 RED, oh my! :# This week is going to be bad. ;)

Wasn't that game something?! OMG! I couldn't even sit down! Screaming and yelling at the TV! And they play again Thursday already!

I ate horribly yesterday. I did not eat one regular meal. Just all crap. Scale showed it today too. I wanted to take a walk but I cannot stand it when it is this hot outside. I don't know how you do it! :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I know! 17 weeks! My 20 week scan is 12 Oct so will found out if it’s a boy or girl!!
    I THINK I’ve felt a couple of kicks but not quite sure atm!

I can't wait to hear if it's a little girl or little boy! So exciting!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I know! 17 weeks! My 20 week scan is 12 Oct so will found out if it’s a boy or girl!!
    I THINK I’ve felt a couple of kicks but not quite sure atm!

I can't wait to hear if it's a little girl or little boy! So exciting!

I knowww :)
    I was wondering if you had started that quilt lol!
    I didn’t want to sound cheeky asking haha
    If you change your mind about doing it I won’t mind by the way!

I’ve started crocheting baby bibs, white with a pink/blue edging and I’m going to embroider names in to personalise it for people and I’m gonna try sell thems I’ve looked on Etsy and can’t see anyone selling anything like that atm. So there’s seems to be a gap in the market but whether people would buy them?

When I finish my first one (practice one for Marley) I’ll post a pic x
  • cschmitz110515
    Options

Wasn't that game something?! OMG! I couldn't even sit down! Screaming and yelling at the TV! And they play again Thursday already!

I ate horribly yesterday. I did not eat one regular meal. Just all crap. Scale showed it today too. I wanted to take a walk but I cannot stand it when it is this hot outside. I don't know how you do it! :)

That game was wild!!! The "heart attack Pack" is back! We were screaming out on my brother's backyard porch (nice little bar & TVs) and I'm sure the neighbors down the street heard us. It's always good when it's "your" team that pulls out the win. :smiley:

I'm going to the game Thurs. night. :smiley: Luck of the draw, those are my lottery tickets. :smiley: Can't wait.

Net calories will suffer this week, I'm sure!

As for walking the dog, my alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. and it's nice and cool (normally) that early. I'm usually up by the first snooze. Although it's getting much harder, with it being dark now. I try to have my clothes ready to grab so I don't wake hubby who went to bed around 2 or 3 a.m. Once I'm in the habit, it's not so bad, but SO hard to get in that habit. I am not a morning person, but it's better than trying to make myself work out after work. :wink:
  • apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Glad to see other Packers fans here! B) It was a nail-biter for sure this weekend.

JFT 9/25:
    - Pack lunch (did it)
    - Eat lunch (you would think this would be a given, but I struggle historically...did it!)
    - No sneaking office junk food (mostly yes, snagged a few apples someone brought in!)
    - In bed, lights out by 10:30 (we shall seeeee)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I had kind of an unusual long weekend between doing things with my SO and my parents. I ate well and got lots of exercise, but kind of fell off of the tracking and goal-setting wagon. TONS of vegetables though...I think that I had about 15 veggies yesterday. I also learned that tlayudas ARE in the database, though of course tracking one accurately is going to be pretty impossible.

Today is day 1000 of my streak! A while ago, I set the goal to be back on track and focused on my health goals by day 1000...I think that I am *mostly* there, and am feeling good about my fitness again.

Monday:
    1. plan and pre-track exercise for the week
    2. 12,000 steps
    3. under 1400 calories
    4. under 75G carbs
    5. 8+ freggies
    6. 10+ cups water
    7. 60 minutes Zumba
    8. lift weights
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    @joan6630: Can you try at least bringing a bottle of PowerAde Zero? No sugar but lots of electrolytes. You need to stay hydrated and listen to your blood pressure. I know I get light-headed really easily and it is scary! But for you to get nauseous also worries me. You are doing great, by the way! Look at your numbers continue to drop. Excellent!

YES. I also have very low blood pressure, and one of my doctors suggested sipping a bit of Gatorade during intense workouts. I make up water bottles that are 1/3 ice, 1/3 water and 1/3 low-cal Gatorade and that seems to do the trick.
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2017
    Options

YES. I also have very low blood pressure, and one of my doctors suggested sipping a bit of Gatorade during intense workouts. I make up water bottles that are 1/3 ice, 1/3 water and 1/3 low-cal Gatorade and that seems to do the trick.

Thank you for the info ---- I ran to the store today and picked up some gatorade, and also some PowerAde Zero. Now, I just have to listen to my husband telling me that I am overdoing it! Just can't win ...... :s But ... I do find I am enjoying the gym, and I do think if I am "able" to go on the treadmill at higher speeds and incline, that it is OK to do this. My hubby tells me to remember I am 66 years old. I say ...... you are only as old as you feel, and I want to feel as young as I can. So tomorrow I may mix the gatorade with water and ice, and see if that helps me.

And --- Congrats on 1000 days!!! That is real commitment!!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 31 (Sept 23) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs ❌
    2. Log Everything✅
    3. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals❌

Day 32 (Sept 24) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs ❌
    2. Log Everything✅
    3. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals❌

So yesterday was a nightmare from beginning to end. Flight delayed 9 hours and nothing to eat but crap. Perfect way to end a perfectly stressful trip.

Today I ate out for lunch and dinner. So I have no idea exactly how many calories I ate, but I did log everything to the best of my ability.

I was proud of myself for not having gained while on vacation. I will need to be very careful not to go crazy with restaurants and overdo it this week. (Both hubby and I caught colds while away and don't feel like cooking).

Goals will stay the same until I can achieve them:

Day 33 (Sept 25) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs
    2. Log Everything
    3. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals

I hope I can catch up on all of your posts soon!!!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I knowww :)
    I was wondering if you had started that quilt lol!
    I didn’t want to sound cheeky asking haha
    If you change your mind about doing it I won’t mind by the way!

I’ve started crocheting baby bibs, white with a pink/blue edging and I’m going to embroider names in to personalise it for people and I’m gonna try sell thems I’ve looked on Etsy and can’t see anyone selling anything like that atm. So there’s seems to be a gap in the market but whether people would buy them?

When I finish my first one (practice one for Marley) I’ll post a pic x

I have not started it! But only because I wanted to wait to see what you are having! :) I absolutely do still want to make it! I'm excited to go shopping for material and get started! :mrgreen:

I think that's a great idea..the baby bibs with names! I can't wait to see what they look like!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    That game was wild!!! The "heart attack Pack" is back! We were screaming out on my brother's backyard porch (nice little bar & TVs) and I'm sure the neighbors down the street heard us. It's always good when it's "your" team that pulls out the win. :smiley:

I'm going to the game Thurs. night. :smiley: Luck of the draw, those are my lottery tickets. :smiley: Can't wait.

As for walking the dog, my alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. and it's nice and cool (normally) that early. I'm usually up by the first snooze. Although it's getting much harder, with it being dark now. I try to have my clothes ready to grab so I don't wake hubby who went to bed around 2 or 3 a.m. Once I'm in the habit, it's not so bad, but SO hard to get in that habit. I am not a morning person, but it's better than trying to make myself work out after work. :wink:

That will be an awesome game to go to! Packers - Bears game is so much fun! Especially there in person. Have fun! I'm jealous! :smiley:

I've thought about getting up at 5:30 to walk. I just haven't been able to get my butt out of bed! Do you just take your shower and get ready for work after your walk then? Maybe I'll try doing that tomorrow. I will set my alarm for 5:30 a.m. and hopefully I can get up without hitting snooze 47 times! I really have to say kudos to you for being able to do it!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    apennock wrote: »
    Glad to see other Packers fans here! B) It was a nail-biter for sure this weekend.

@cschmitz110515 and I actually live in Green Bay! I live not even a mile from Lambeau field, actually. Love my Green Bay Packers!!! :wink: